No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Says Retirement is Tempting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ncruzpr View Post
    I think he owes Pacquiao another shot if Pacquiao wants it...Pacquiao gave Marrquez three chances to beat him. Its only right for Marquez to give Pacquiao a chance to avenge his loss.
    What a conveniently one-sided fanboy perspective.

The first fight was an official draw.

It was choke of the century.

In the very first round Pac knocked Marquez down 3 times and broke his nose..... and yet he STILL couldn't beat him.

Was that the very worst choke in boxing history ?

Anybody who watched that fight knows that Pacquiao got a boxing lesson.

Marquez gave Pacquiao 4 chances to beat him. Waiting.....

Last November Marquez won a clear-cut decision, and in their last encounter Marquez destroyed Pacquiao.

Case closed

/

Comment

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
      What a conveniently one-sided fanboy perspective.

The first fight was an official draw.

It was choke of the century.

In the very first round Pac knocked Marquez down 3 times and broke his nose..... and yet he STILL couldn't beat him.

Was that the very worst choke in boxing history ?

Anybody who watched that fight knows that Pacquiao got a boxing lesson.

Marquez gave Pacquiao 4 chances to beat him. Waiting.....

Last November Marquez won a clear-cut decision, and in their last encounter Marquez destroyed Pacquiao.

Case closed

/
      " Marquez owes Pacquiao..... "

GTFOH !!

Marquez owes Pacquiao nothing.

They low-balled Marquez then ducked the first rematch for 4 years, and the only reason why they agreed to a third fight was because they did not think that Marquez could hang at welter. Hence the ridiculous catch-weight that was higher than Manny had ever officially weighed.

Last weekend Marquez destroyed Pacquiao.

GTFOH !!

Marquez owes Pacquiao NOTHING !!

Comment

• Am all for the fifth only and I meant only "IF" Marquez gets the 20 to 25 Mill and Pacquiao the 6 mill, since many needs Marquez now, just like Marquez needed Pacquiao for the conclusion of their awesome series.

Comment

• Then explain your ridiculous Nadal theory.

What point were you trying to make exactly ?

This'll be funny.....
          God you're dumb.

I felt Marquez won the third fight. As I said to my coworker the day before the fourth fight, "Marquez is probably going to kick his ass". What are you trying to argue with? The fact that this is reality, and that things are determined by probabilities and not set in stone? The fact that I acknowledge Marquez could have just as easily not scored the KO?

My point is not that Pacquiao is Nadal and Marquez Rosol, or vice versa. Obviously the two fighters are much closer matched. If you're stupid enough to post here that "Pacquiao doesn't even have a puncher's chance against Marquez", all of your credibility regarding everything is shot. You're living in a dream world.

The point in the analogy was not to say Pacquiao or Marquez are better than the other. "Better" is subjective especially when talking about two very different styles that happen to match up fairly closely. The point is that if Nadal can lose to Rosol - an unexpected event - Pacquiao can get KO'd cold by Marquez, another unexpected event.

You ignored the flaw in your own logic: you say that because you've never seen any sign Manny can beat Marquez, he therefore has "not even a puncher's chance". Ignoring the insanity of your statement for a moment, let's use that same logic another way: in none of the three fights did Marquez even knock Manny down, much less KO him. Therefore Marquez has no chance of doing so?

Obviously the wrongness of your logic should be immediately apparent given IV's outcome. My point has always been that Manny and Marquez are two great fighters. When they get together and throw everything on the line, dramatic things can happen, and things that didn't seem possible or at least probable. It's a hard matchup to predict if they both show up in 100%. Manny got KO'd - something a lot of people never thought they'd see. But as someone who picked JMM to win, I also unexpectedly saw him losing every non-knockdown round.

This is real life, kid. Wake the **** up. Styles make fights, triangle theories don't work, and you're ******ed. Stop being a fanboy and appreciate two great fighters.
          Last edited by samouraļ; 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
            Am all for the fifth only and I meant only "IF" Marquez gets the 20 to 25 Mill and Pacquiao the 6 mill, since many needs Marquez now, just like Marquez needed Pacquiao for the conclusion of their awesome series.
            No chance of that, at best JMM can get 52% or something, which is still a ton for him. You gotta take into account how they perform on ppv as the a side.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
              God you're dumb.

I felt Marquez won the third fight. As I said to my coworker the day before the fourth fight, "Marquez is probably going to kick his ass". What are you trying to argue with? The fact that this is reality, and that things are determined by probabilities and not set in stone? The fact that I acknowledge Marquez could have just as easily not scored the KO?

My point is not that Pacquiao is Nadal and Marquez Rosol, or vice versa. Obviously the two fighters are much closer matched. If you're stupid enough to post here that "Pacquiao doesn't even have a puncher's chance against Marquez", all of your credibility regarding everything is shot. You're living in a dream world.

The point in the analogy was not to say Pacquiao or Marquez are better than the other. "Better" is subjective especially when talking about two very different styles that happen to match up fairly closely. The point is that if Nadal can lose to Rosol - an unexpected event - Pacquiao can get KO'd cold by Marquez, another unexpected event.

You ignored the flaw in your own logic: you say that because you've never seen any sign Manny can beat Marquez, he therefore has "not even a puncher's chance". Ignoring the insanity of your statement for a moment, let's use that same logic another way: in none of the three fights did Marquez even knock Manny down, much less KO him. Therefore Marquez has no chance of doing so?

Obviously the wrongness of your logic should be immediately apparent given IV's outcome. My point has always been that Manny and Marquez are two great fighters. When they get together and throw everything on the line, dramatic things can happen, and things that didn't seem possible or at least probable. It's a hard matchup to predict if they both show up in 100%. Manny got KO'd - something a lot of people never thought they'd see. But as someone who picked JMM to win, I also unexpectedly saw him losing every non-knockdown round.

This is real life, kid. Wake the **** up. Styles make fights, triangle theories don't work, and you're ******ed. Stop being a fanboy and appreciate two great fighters.
              Yep, I stopped reading there. Believe what you want fanboy, but you clearly dont know **** about boxing. Just another ignorant pac-stain frantically waving his Manny-flag.

But I did notice that you made no effort to justify your ridiculous "punchers chance" paragraph, which was likely a wise decision in retrospect.

GTFOH clown, your boy got stretched, go cry somewhere else

Comment

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
                Yep, I stopped reading there. Believe what you want fanboy, but you clearly dont know **** about boxing. Just another ignorant pac-stain frantically waving his Manny-flag.

But I did notice that you made no effort to justify your ridiculous "punchers chance" paragraph, which was likely a wise decision in retrospect.

GTFOH clown, your boy got stretched, go cry somewhere else
                Whenever I start getting these non-responses, I know I've won. You dumb kids who use words like "Floyidiots" and "Pacstains" are ****ing imbeciles every last one. The entire post you just quoted explains every last word I've said on the subject. You ignore 99% of what I type, and understand none of it.

And yeah, I felt he won the 3rd fight. He won. What, didnt sound sure of myself enough for you? Lol, did I sound sure when I said he'd kick Pacquiao's ass in the fourth fight? Why would I think that if I didn't think the third fight was clear?

GTFO big boy. I can see you now, your little red chubby cheeks getting all red, staring into the computer screen and slobbering all over your cookie-crumb-filled keyboard. Why waste my time any further? I'm just giving your masochistic ass more material to yank your crank off to.
                Last edited by samouraļ; 12-11-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                  Juan running he knows pac would knock him out if they meet again..coward.
                  oh right, just like the last one... oh wait... "peeleft:

Comment

• is it too late to say inb4 marquez is ducking pacquiao

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                      Whenever I start getting these non-responses, I know I've won. You dumb kids who use words like "Floyidiots" and "Pacstains" are ****ing imbeciles every last one. The entire post you just quoted explains every last word I've said on the subject. You ignore 99% of what I type, and understand none of it.

And yeah, I felt he won the 3rd fight. He won. What, didnt sound sure of myself enough for you? Lol, did I sound sure when I said he'd kick Pacquiao's ass in the fourth fight? Why would I think that if I didn't think the third fight was clear?

GTFO big boy. I can see you now, your little red chubby cheeks getting all red, staring into the computer screen and slobbering all over your cookie-crumb-filled keyboard. Why waste my time any further? I'm just giving your masochistic ass more material to yank your crank off to.
                      Stop crying b1tch. You and your pac-stain friends are welcome to sit around in your little hut excitedly discussing Pacquiao's great win over Marquez in the third fight..... I just feel sorry for all of the people who lost their water-bottles

Every single fighter who was interviewed said that Marquez won, including Khan and Chavez.

Ronnie Nathanielz and Ben Delgado said that Marquez won.

You had to be an ignorant fanboy to scrape together 4 rounds for Pac in that fight, I struggled to give him 3..... that was a clear-cut decision, unless you had pac-jizz in your eyes.

Hey moron, explain what you meant when you posted this dribble.....

" If a fighter has 0.01% chance of winning, yeah, he's effectively got "no chance" if we're talking like normal humans should. A punch can be "lucky", and Pacquiao could have gotten "lucky" earlier in an alternate universe. That we're not living in a perfect world where everything has a set outcome is my point, and that's what makes boxing in particular so fascinating. For the record, Floyd himself has alluded to the old "puncher's chance". It's fairly well understood that it exists, and although I generally frown upon reducing it to such an unimpressive sounding phenomenon, it's worth noting that even one of the most technically skilled boxers in the world knows it's out there, and that it comes flying at him every time he steps into the ring "

Go into detail, and use big words, we all want to know what you meant.

What point were you trying to make when you posted that dribble in a conversation concerning Juan Manuel Marquez?

Comment

Working...
                      X