Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    yes, that was a pretty clueless remark. Jake isn't a poor man's anything. he was his own fighter, a highly skilled one, and every bit as much an original as Chavez was.
    It wasn't clueless at all. Just cause they're in black n white I don't paint them as greater than everyone. What I saw on vids made me think of that opinion. So you're absolutely wrong with it being clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      I didn't look at his record to state my opinion, I looked at his fights. If you want to talk facts kiddo there is no fact that would prove he can go through it beating everyone in DLH's resume, specially by KO. You're getting too emotional in fantasy land. So what if I have a pic of him punching Tito? My favorite current active boxer is Wlad who isn't close to being"chicano".
      Im not concerened about your favorite fighter..what gets me is your lack of boxing knowledge..down talking SRR and Lamotta..to legends in the game..SRR might not KO everyone in DLH's resume but he would have surely beat them..it was a different breed of fighter back then.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        What about Margarito?
        hhmmm.. I would agree on that one. He should have fight Margarito before Pac...

well, younger fighter like floyd pee on his pants seing Margarito, I will give oscar a pass... lol!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Duran was good but you're overrating him like crazy right now man.

Hopkins at MW had good power, speed, work rate he could fight well on the inside as well as the outside. Plus he would be huge compared to Duran. Remember how tiny Duran looked against Hearns?
          Ok..I might be a little biased here..but I have every reason to be, Duran was able to go up in weight and beat Davy Moore and Iran Barkley..were talking a guy who started at LW, and he beat SRL..thats huge..his boxing ability was underated in my book. Hearns was a totally different animal than Hopkins. Hopkins doesnt fight tall, Hearns does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            It wasn't clueless at all. Just cause they're in black n white I don't paint them as greater than everyone. What I saw on vids made me think of that opinion. So you're absolutely wrong with it being clueless.
            i have to question the quality of your discernment/ability to perceive nuance, sir, or else assume that you either did not seek out enough tape or did not pay enough attention to the tape you found.

whether the fighter is in greyscale or full colour is not the issue. nobody is making half-baked disparagements of Chavez.

Comment

No one simple as that. Oscar is an ATG with an amazing résumé

Comment

Amir Khan, he couldn't even get through his own record undefeated! LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                  Im not concerened about your favorite fighter..what gets me is your lack of boxing knowledge..down talking SRR and Lamotta..to legends in the game..SRR might not KO everyone in DLH's resume but he would have surely beat them..it was a different breed of fighter back then.
                  Maybe not but you accused me of being a nationalistic fan, which I'm not you neanderthal.
                  So because I don't agree with you I lack boxing knowledge. lol! People like you crack me up. If I really down talked about them I would be denying that they're ATGs. Tell me, where have I done that? So NOW he can't KO everyone? You just said he would a couple posts ago.

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  i have to question the quality of your discernment/ability to perceive nuance, sir, or else assume that you either did not seek out enough tape or did not pay enough attention to the tape you found.

whether the fighter is in greyscale or full colour is not the issue. nobody is making half-baked disparagements of Chavez.

I paid attention to the fights I saw. If I didn't, I would just be wasting my time in watching them. At least I said a poor man's Chavez who is a great fighter. An insult would be a poor man's version Baldomir or something. A boxer who isn't great.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    Oscar had a shockingly tough resume, with most of the fighters he went against in their prime or still elite.
                    Mosley X2
                    Hopkins
                    Sturm
                    Trinidad
                    Ike
                    Floyd
                    Pacquaio
                    Vargas
                    Whitakker (although he was past it by than)
                    etc.

I'm thinking of a few.

Ray Robinson
                    Ray Leonard
                    Hearns
                    Duran
                    Wifred Benitez

The obviously problem is close to Prime Hopkins at 158-160. I don't see Wilfred, or even Ray Leonard having much of a chance against a 6'2 ATG fighter like Hopkins. I think the MW Version of Duran would have dropped against the Hopkins who fought Oscar and Tito as well.

Guys like Trinidad and Vargas were extremely dangerous as well as the Roided Up Mosley that Oscar went to war against twice.

ASSUME that you can just use the Prime Version of each Welterweight over and over again. Do you think anyone can go through that resume undefeated?
                    I dont think nobody can, The thing is that all the fighters mentioned have an extremely good type of style of fighting, and you need to be very versatyle and good to beat each single of them. plus the weight is another issue, oscar had a body frame that could fluctuate wieghts and not be compensated too much.

Props to oscar.

Comment

the jab of LaMotta (a converted southpaw), just as an example, was wonderfully creative and versatile. i would urge any doubters of LaMotta to rewatch and look for how well he was able to thread his way in on a man with such fine boxing ability and superior attributes as Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                      X