Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can only tell you how much DLH lost to Bazooka.

Comment

I reckon there are several WWs who could go through that undefeated. Unless you're saying the prime version of each of those on DLH's resume rather than how good they were at the time he met them.

Comment

Everyone on this list except for Khan..lol..granted Hopkins was a great middle weight but..Ray Robinson was the greatest fighter on the face of the planet, SRL..would beat Hopkins and it would be 1 sided, same for Hearns..Hearns chin was weak but he was a freak..and his hand speed and power would keep Hopkins on the defensive the entire fight....Duran and Benitez..all these guys were legendary fighters..and they fought in the golden years of WW/MW..

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Nobody. Are people assuming that all of these fighters would be in their primes for each of these fantasy matchups? That's impossible.

No fighter can go through De La Hoya's resume undefeated from start to finish.
          i'm assuming the question would involve a man who was a welterweight who later had success at MW. leonard didn't have a lengthy MW tenure, but i think he could weigh in at 150 or so and beat bernard hopkins on his best day.

robinson is an easy pick. the man was middleweight champion five different times

shouts to charlie burley, too. he was just damn good at MW and WW. he could easily be on the list, though i'd expect hopkins to outwork him and win on points.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I mean the other way around. Like are you assuming that Sugar Ray Robinson would be in his prime against everybody on De La Hoya's resume?

De La Hoya fought these guys over a span of 11-12 years. I can't imagine anybody running through that resume undefeated over 11-12 years.
            OH ya . What do you think?

Do you think a Prime Robinson can take all these guys? I'll clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i'm assuming the question would involve a man who was a welterweight who later had success at MW. leonard didn't have a lengthy MW tenure, but i think he could weigh in at 150 or so and beat bernard hopkins on his best day.

robinson is an easy pick. the man was middleweight champion five different times

shouts to charlie burley, too. he was just damn good at MW and WW. he could easily be on the list, though i'd expect hopkins to outwork him and win on points.
              I see. With that reasoning it makes sense.

My thinking was how would a 34-35 year old Sugar Ray Leonard do against a close to prime Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather at welterweight.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              OH ya . What do you think?

Do you think a Prime Robinson can take all these guys? I'll clarify.
              I still think it will be very difficult for anybody to got through that resume undefeated.

Comment

Another thing to look at here is that all the fighters mentioned in the poll with the exception of Khan..were 15rd fighters..these guys were all solid fighters and all fought the best fighters in there class at there prime..

Comment

Not even Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    Oscar had a shockingly tough resume, with most of the fighters he went against in their prime or still elite.
                    Mosley X2
                    Hopkins
                    Sturm
                    Trinidad
                    Ike
                    Floyd
                    Pacquaio
                    Vargas
                    Whitakker (although he was past it by than)
                    etc.

I'm thinking of a few.

Ray Robinson
                    Ray Leonard
                    Hearns
                    Duran
                    Wifred Benitez

The obviously problem is close to Prime Hopkins at 158-160. I don't see Wilfred, or even Ray Leonard having much of a chance against a 6'2 ATG fighter like Hopkins. I think the MW Version of Duran would have dropped against the Hopkins who fought Oscar and Tito as well.

Guys like Trinidad and Vargas were extremely dangerous as well as the Roided Up Mosley that Oscar went to war against twice.

ASSUME that you can just use the Prime Version of each Welterweight over and over again. Do you think anyone can go through that resume undefeated?
                    all of them are better than ODH so all could have gone through undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      Not even Robinson.
                      ?..really who on DLH's resume would beat Sugar Ray Robinson?..

Comment

Working...
                      X