Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can beat Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez and Golovkin have both said they'd go down to 154 to fight Mayweather and in my opinion both of them would beat him - Martinez by UD and Golovkin by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
      What is your point? He took on Cotto thinking he was good for the taking, yet still struggles against him. What is your point? Margarito raped and sodomized Cotto, Pacquiao raped and sodomized Cotto, and Floyd goes 12 hard rounds against a twice previously raped and sodomized Cotto. It defies logic. Guess what, I have favorite fighters, too. However, I am willing to acknowledge when they take bull**** fights and when they duck and dodge fighters. I do not follow them blindly. I have a brain, therefore I use it.
      the amount of double standards you keep posting is eye opening.

the point is mosley didn't perform up to your standards so it's a cherry pick but cotto did and it's still a cherry pick .

besides why are you bragging on two fights that cotto was cheated in but then complaining about marquez getting cheated in the floyd fight?

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post

the point is mosley didn't perform up to your standards so it's a cherry pick but cotto did and it's still a cherry pick .

besides why are you bragging on two fights that cotto was cheated in but then complaining about marquez getting cheated in the floyd fight?
        Cotto got cheated? When?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          Cotto got cheated? When?
          someone missed cotto margarito 24/7 that wasn't a micheal jackson video cotto was showing marg on that ipad.

Comment

still think pacquiao can beat'em
            hopefully his confidence and hunger isn't now shot

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post

#3 P4P Mosley didn't perform up to my standards? Ha. Try again. You wanna know why # 3 P4P Mosley didn't perform up to my standards. Wait for it, wait for it...because he was shot to ****, that's why. Apparently, though, he put on a great and gutsy performance by your standards or by the boxing world's standards. It's not like anyone was disappointed with how he fought. Like you said, Mayweather only fights the best and takes on some serious challenges. How was Cotto cheated against Pacquiao? Did Pacquiao come in overweight, or did Pacquiao say, "**** the contract, I'm in charge here." How did Pacquiao cheat the contract, which Cotto knew about at least two months before the fight took place? Please tell me.

Comment

matinez has the best chance because floyd doesnt belong at 154 that weight makes a difference

Comment

I failed to mention Sergio Martinez in the original post, even though I've been excited about that prospect for over a year. I just don't see Floyd taking it. If he's likely to take a May 5th bout, it'll be against a Mexican, which leaves the 2nd 2013 fight open for Martinez, but I don't see Floyd "picking" him. I'd love to believe that it'll happen, but with all due respect to Floyd as an athlete and an incredible boxer, I don't see him taking a fight with Sergio over the likes of JMM or Timothy Bradley, mainly because he does "cherry pick" and I suppose he can afford to. It's not a bad thing, to pick your fighter, but I think it's been fairly obvious that they don't really take too many risks. A Bradley fight, in my opinion, is the worst one for the fans, because we all know Bradley poses a small threat, and has very little power.

The guy who eventually beats Floyd will need to have a Left, and he'll need to love going toe to toe. He'll have to have equal parts ring intelligence and brutality, knowing that he might get hit more than he'll give. When I mentioned Cotto's success against Floyd, I wasn't overstating what Cotto was able to do for a few rounds. I think a young fighter with a similar strategy and work ethic would be trouble for Mayweather. When Cotto got into the ring with Floyd he simply wasn't the same fighter he was in 2007, or 08, or 09, when he should've fought Floyd. Ricky Hatton was Floyd's choice in 2007. The options were Cotto, Mosley, Margarito, Williams, etc., etc., but he chose Ricky Hatton. After a two year lay off, he chose a lightweight, who climbed two weight classes, and then he still came into the fight OVER the limit (and paid a fine for it).

I think Floyd's a truly great fighter, but if he takes Bradley over the likes of Canelo, Guerrero, or Martinez, he will simply not be remembered as the all time great that he believes he is. I don't think the Martinez bout will happen, nor do I see him taking Golovkin, which would be intense. He will take on Marquez for a 2nd time, or will take on Bradley, because his team knows it's a good "match".
                  Last edited by T.Mag56; 12-10-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                    Martinez and Golovkin have both said they'd go down to 154 to fight Mayweather and in my opinion both of them would beat him - Martinez by UD and Golovkin by KO.
                    Correction. Martinez by ko. Golovkin by ko.

Comment

Castillo, JK. Mayweather is small dude so if he takes on Canelo I think he has a good chance of losing, similarily a fight with Martinez and 154 would be risky.

Comment

Working...
                      X