Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Credits His Improvement To Hunter, Garcia Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not ready to write Khan off yet, even though he is annoying and a loudmouth. People need to understand that while he has been blasted out twice, the kid has sick boxing skills and good power. Sure you cannot change a chin but everyone needs to see what Steward did with Wlad. Wlad used to get sucked into brawls too and had his clock cleaned several times. He was taught to change his style and fight smart and use his advantages. Khan has long arms and is fast and skilled, if he could be more mentally strong he would be almost impossible to beat. He needs to learn defense, infighting and how to counter, set traps, etc. Problem is he was trained by captain one-dimensional, Freddie Roach. None of his fighters know defense of any kind and have no ring IQ whatsoever. JMM lured Manny right into a perfect trap and executed. Obviously we have not seen Khan fight yet but if he looks the same than I guess it is him and he cannot make adjustments. However if he comes out fighting differently and looks good, that is just more evidence how limited of a trainer Roach is (which many of us who know boxing, already realized long ago).

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
      I am not ready to write Khan off yet, even though he is annoying and a loudmouth. People need to understand that while he has been blasted out twice, the kid has sick boxing skills and good power. Sure you cannot change a chin but everyone needs to see what Steward did with Wlad. Wlad used to get sucked into brawls too and had his clock cleaned several times. He was taught to change his style and fight smart and use his advantages. Khan has long arms and is fast and skilled, if he could be more mentally strong he would be almost impossible to beat. He needs to learn defense, infighting and how to counter, set traps, etc. Problem is he was trained by captain one-dimensional, Freddie Roach. None of his fighters know defense of any kind and have no ring IQ whatsoever. JMM lured Manny right into a perfect trap and executed. Obviously we have not seen Khan fight yet but if he looks the same than I guess it is him and he cannot make adjustments. However if he comes out fighting differently and looks good, that is just more evidence how limited of a trainer Roach is (which many of us who know boxing, already realized long ago).
      Agreed, well said. If Virgil Hunter can teach Khan how to fight on the inside like Ward can and help change his mentality to that of a do-whatever-it-takes fighter (like Ward is) he could be pretty damn good. I think the Olympic-style boxing background and the Roach treatment has lead Khan down the complete wrong path. I can't say Khan can grow balls, but I wish he would. Maybe Hunter and Ward can show Khan what balls look like

Comment

khan the next split deicision generation! remember!

Comment

Working...
        X