No announcement yet.

Ok lets see your new p4p lists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Pretty much everyone had Floyd Mayweather & Manny Pacquiao at the top, with a gap in-between those two and the rest of the P4P list. They're widely regarded by most boxing fans as the best two fighters of our generation.

Try again.

No, casual fans and stans had them as the top two. If you can't acknowledge what Ward, Martinez, and even Donaire have accomplished just this year compared to pac, then it's obvious that you have a bias.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
      Sports Illustrated dropped pac out of the top two earlier this year after Ward and Martinez' performances and boxrec has him out of the top 10 now.

What's the problem with any of this?
      Not only do you use a media outlet called the 'examiner', you actually fucking cite BoxRec's rankings...

That tells me all I need to know.

Now, I have no problem with Pac being outside of someone's top 3 in their top 10 P4P list. I cannot possibly see how they could give a valid opinion of why Pac doesn't feature in the top 10 at all though.

I don't not care for Pac or Mayweather, they could both retire tomorrow and never fight and I wouldn't care. I have no bias for either fighter but to deny Pac's achievements based on 2 losses it's ridiculous.

SRR can't be the greatest ever with 19 losses.

Comment

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr
        2. Juan Manuel Marquez
        3. Andre Ward
        4. Sergio Martinez
        5. Wladimir Klitschko
        6. Nonito Donaire
        7. Manny Pacquiao
        8. Vitali Klitschko
        9. Abner Mares
        10. Timothy Bradley

Comment

No, casual fans and stans had them as the top two. If you can't acknowledge what Ward, Martinez, and even Donaire have accomplished just this year compared to pac, then it's obvious that you have a bias.

Did boxing only start this year?

Pac & Mayweather were recognised by all boxing fans as the best two fighters this era. The Ring ****zine (an actual boxing ****zine, no examiner bs) had Mayweather & Pac joint 2nd early this year because they couldn't split the two.

Who said I cannot and have not acknowledged Ward, Martinez & Donaire?

Keep assuming though, it's funny.

Comment

what has Floyd done?

Bradley was a better opponent than Floyd has ever fought since he moved up in weight years ago. And no, Bradley did not beat Pacquiao. That **** wasn't even close.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-10-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
              what has Floyd done?

Bradley was a better opponent than Floyd has ever fought since he moved up in weight years ago. And no, Bradley did not beat Pacquiao. That **** wasn't even close.
              That's laughable dude.

Comment

1. Ward, comfortably
                2. Mayweather
                3. Marquez
                4. Pacquaio
                5. Martinez
                6. Donaire

The rest could be anyone.

My reasoning: Ward looks unbeatable, outclassed everyone around him. Not much scope for argument for anyone in and around 168 beating this guy. He hasn't struggled one bit and made it look easy. He outclassed Froch with 1 hand. Who has ever outclassed Froch successfully?

I don't find it objective to rank Marquez over Mayweather, when Mayweather outclassed him. To do that would mean bringing a whole new meaning to P4P that i've never seen before. Ranking Marquez over Mayweather is saying, head to head in the same weight class, Marquez is better than Mayweather. We've seen that is not the case.

Pacquiao shouldn't drop below these. Who else, apart from Marquez/Mayweather can beat Pacquiao, without a bad decision? Right now, it looks to be noone until proven so.

Martinez and Donaire get a shoutout in my top list for their impressive showing thus far. I feel Martinez is on the decline now, much like Pacquaio, and possibly Mayweather (we've yet to see). We are witnessing a start to a new era, it's quite exciting

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  That's laughable dude.
                  Who has Floyd fought since he moved up in weight that was a tougher fight than a prime undefeated Bradley?

i'll wait

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    Who has Floyd fought since he moved up in weight that was a tougher fight than a prime undefeated Bradley?

i'll wait
                    Cotto. Mosley off his crushing defeat of MONSTER Margarito. Ricky Hatton > Bradley. Actually...I'm going to say that everyone Mayweather's faced after Baldomir has been tougher than Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      Not only do you use a media outlet called the 'examiner', you actually fucking cite BoxRec's rankings...

That tells me all I need to know.

Now, I have no problem with Pac being outside of someone's top 3 in their top 10 P4P list. I cannot possibly see how they could give a valid opinion of why Pac doesn't feature in the top 10 at all though.

I don't not care for Pac or Mayweather, they could both retire tomorrow and never fight and I wouldn't care. I have no bias for either fighter but to deny Pac's achievements based on 2 losses it's ridiculous.

SRR can't be the greatest ever with 19 losses.
                      Find me top ten pound-for-pound lists from official boxing outlets for the months of October and December of 2010.

The reason why I gave you those links is because this thread is comprised of opinion on top 10 p4p, what's the difference between what you think and the authors of those examiner pages and boxing forums? You're a professional now?

Pound-for-pound lists don't care about past achievements, they care about what have you done for me lately. Lately, he's done nothing that warrants pound-for-pound standing. If PWill, who had a string of fights that reflect what pac has done as of late, was dropped out of the p4p rankings on numerous lists, how come it's ******ity for others to do so now with pac.... right, it's because you have a bias.

Comment

Working...
                      X