Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't Arum own the NY Times?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex_Hayden View Post
      You are a complete idiot. Manny jumped from 130 to 147 with ease while remaining ridiculously strong. SOMETHING THAT IS UNHEARD OF.

This New York times article and this poster are proof that "Paq fans" both american and non were dumb asses from the start.

Notice how Ariza had no problem with Heredia after the fight? Even calling Heredia a "genius" with the human body after the fight. Why do you think that is? Ariza got his knowledge from working with Heredia.

Now it's been stated that for some "strange reason" Pacquio didn't use "his strength and conditioning coach" for this fight, meanwhile Marquez did. And look at the results.

Manny was juiced up for his entire career as a p4p fighter and he couldn't finish Marquez. Turn things upside down and Manny gets laid out like a ****ing table cloth, AND HE'S YOUNGER

The truth is Manny Pacquiao and Alex Ariza were a disease in boxing. Before they showed up none of this **** was in our Sport.

Now....the flood gates are open.

Marquez is my favorite fighter of all time, but between the bull**** decisions and being forced to defend his nation against a dumb ass mushroom headed cheater who would rather play innocent than man up and dump Ariza from the start while this country cheered this disgusting display of sport on from the start, all I have to say is...

OH GOD, THE IRONY!

This fight was for all the fighters Manny cheated and in perfect poetic justice, Manny got mother ****ing RICKY HATTONED!!!!!!

I agree with everything you said except the bolded. Boxing has been rife with PEDs for decades.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          Arum will make sure Marquez fails his test, to preserve Paq vs Mayweather regardless.

If this happens I'm through with this sport for good.
          Last edited by Alex_Hayden; 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• To accuse is one thing, but to say something like its the truth and the word of God is another. If you think marquez is on roids/PEDS , then you are entitled to your own opinion and you can argue about it all day long. do i think he's on PEDS? maybe or maybe not, but don't speak it like its the truth. We can't deny the fact that marquez indeed said that if team pac wants testing then bring it on, so why didn't they if they have doubts? Now, the hammer strikes back at you.

Is it impossible to be strong and on top shape at 39 or 40? it depends upon the person.
            you can be right with ur statements but you can all be totally wrong too.
            its all in the mind my friend, as long as you believe you can do it and work hard for it nothing is impossible.

from my point of view, its two things, one marquez has adjusted to the weight at higher class and had proper and ultimate training and conditioning for power and strength and two, pacquiao's chin is iron no more, since we know he's on the decline..

in my belief, marquez deserves to win this since he is the one who wants this more, he's been obsessed to win this, he wrote a book about this, he saw this scenario the entire time on his mind, he was confident everytime he fights pacquiao, he has all the upperhand mentally. he attracted this, he thought of this day in and day out.

meanwhile pacquiao, didn't even predict for the result, for others that was a good thing and respectable but for me it shows that going to the fight, he hadn't claim the result in his mind. its like saying anything can happen still. while marquez claimed it already and was ready for no other result but a win.

life is all about attraction, and who wants it more, and who work for it more.. its not jackpot or anything, its been build in your mind already.

its even written in the bible:

"becareful what you think. your life is the product of your thoughts"

Comment

• Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
              And he's a 40 yr old lighweight, and just look at him. He's 40 yrs old. Let me repeat, 40 yrs old. Just forget about your blind love of Floyd making you have to hate Pac.

You have to admit, athletes don't transform themselves into bodybuilders at age 40.

The human body doesn't do that.
              Never happened in the history of sports until PEDS where invented.

Actually, it does.

A 38 year old athlete who starts working on something he's never done before, doing it every single day with a top pro coach in his training camps across two years, eating right etc etc, can easily make those changes to his musculature. Easily.

Unlike many athletes, Marquez had never had a strong weights, cross training focus at all. If you change focus completely and go all out on it, it's would not be hard to look like that at all. He was just as big for the 3rd fight too. He didn't knock anyone out then.

Look at Hopkins at over 40 years old. He moved up two divisions, like someone else, but only had one training camp to do it with, Marquez had two, and he also bulked up and was massive in comparison to his former middleweight self. No one talks about him do they?

He also had a strong weights focus when he moved up to fight Tarver and was massive in comparison.
              http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/L...5osd45Qafl.jpg
              Last edited by BennyST; 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                The most anticipated drug test in boxing history. Unfortunately if he passes people will still try to destroy the man despite no evidence. Guilty till proven innocent. SMH

Comment

• Marquez, for all his weight training, looked worse than ever in every department in my opinion. He was slower, had much slower reflexes, struggled to pull the trigger (though that could also have been because he was trying to load up on one shot more instead of throw multiple punch combos), less defense and seemed much tighter.

Pac said he wasn't any stronger than normal. Ariza said it's easily possible to get the bulk Marquez had across two training camps when he hasn't done that type of training before, because your body can make drastic changes to something new quite easily, especially if you train like Marquez.

Most important. The punch that Pac walked onto had nothing to do with peds. Marquez used his counter punching skill to win the fight. Simple as that. He would have won it just the same if it had been the first or third fights if Pac had walked onto it like that.

Comment

• Look at the freakin difference here!

Hopkins actually posing i.e.. flexing his muscles in his last fight before Tarver.
                    http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/730...ns-Taylor9.jpg

Now at 41 years old against Tarver, with a big focus on moving up two divisions and getting stronger with weights and cross training program.
                    http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/L...5osd45Qafl.jpg

That's right. Older than Marquez, even less definition than Marquez at the lower weight, moved up two divisions and only did it across one training camp, as opposed to two/three (if you count the failed attempt against Floyd), and the difference is even more drastic.

Now check out the difference between Marquez in his two fights with Pac. One which he lost and the other which he won and yet people are accusing him on peds in the second.
                    http://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/...b3328710e01e7b
                    http://www.mp8.ph/news/wp-content/up...el-marquez.jpg

Holy **** Batman! There isn't one at all!
                    Last edited by BennyST; 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Nice post. Always interesting to hear personal experiences in training.

I had a discussion with a bodybuilder friend a few years ago regarding Barry Bonds and steroid use. He was of the opinion that Bonds wasn't necessarily guilty of cheating. My friend explained that he never used steroids (I believe him), but managed to build a massive physique through years of dedicated training, supplementation and nutrition. Long story short, although I appreciated his own life experience, I still didn't buy that Bonds was necessarily clean (although he's never officially caught).

I agree that what you're saying is indeed possible, but that doesn't make it probable, especially given Juan Manuel's particulars. In the end, what I'm saying is that athletes like Marquez aren't necessarily dirty, but that their achievements are so high that they must be questioned in this day of widespread PED use.
                      You're right, all boxing matches can be questioned. That's why there should be better testing. Then we wouldn't have to ask the questin,did he win fairly without cheating?

Comment

Working...
                      X