No announcement yet.

NYTimes openly su****ious of PED use by JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Back in 2009, the baseball player Raul Ibaņez was on a home run tear right up to the middle of the season. Ibaņez became the target of serious scrutiny by the sportswriters. Rightfully so. Raul was 37 and, despite getting injured and missing many games, still managed to finish the season with a higher home run total than he had ever achieved in his whole career. Of course, baseball had come under the microscope by then, so a guy like Ibaņez would naturally take some heat. The Marquez "shot heard round-the-world" might just end up being the moment that brings boxing under the same microscope.
    agreed.....you already have writers like gabriel montoya (max boxing), kevin iole (yahoo sports), and the NYTimes etc. questioning whether what marquez and heredia are doing is clean. it's a fair su****ion since heredia is a known ped dealer who continues to be shady with his activities. marquez at 39 came out like a monster knocking down pacquiao with single punches and eventually knocking him out cold with one single punch. a prime marquez had 24 rounds to do this..and not once did he come close to knocking out pac or severely hurting him for that matter. but all of a sudden at 39, marquez has got this new found power to put pac on his ass and coincidentally this is happening now that he has heredia helping him...c'mon it's hard for that to not raise any red flags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I think all of these PED accusations are horrific. Pacquaio juice accusations as well. Until they fail a test, or someone with insider info says that they or any boxer uses, GTFO. Til then it's just speculation used to discredit fighters. It really kind of sickens me.
      Get over yourslf. Not everyone chooses to keep their head in the sand. I don't have to wait until an athlete fails a drug test to suspect or question if they're using some form of PEDs. Then again, I have a brain. Both Marquez and Pacquiao were juiced up Saturday night. The playing field was even which is why Pacquiao isn't complaining like his legion of crybaby fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
        agreed.....you already have writers like gabriel montoya (max boxing), kevin iole (yahoo sports), and the NYTimes etc. questioning whether what marquez and heredia are doing is clean. it's a fair su****ion since heredia is a known ped dealer who continues to be shady with his activities. marquez at 39 came out like a monster knocking down pacquiao with single punches and eventually knocking him out cold with one single punch. a prime marquez had 24 rounds to do this..and not once did he come close to knocking out pac or severely hurting him for that matter. but all of a sudden at 39, marquez has got this new found power to put pac on his ass and coincidentally this is happening now that he has heredia helping him...c'mon it's hard for that to not raise any red flags.
        This statement sums everything up. How can no one question it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          Get over yourslf. Not everyone chooses to keep their head in the sand. I don't have to wait until an athlete fails a drug test to suspect or question if they're using some form of PEDs. Then again, I have a brain. Both Marquez and Pacquiao were juiced up Saturday night. The playing field was even which is why Pacquiao isn't complaining like his legion of crybaby fans.
          This, I suspect is true. But I love the way you worded it. I chuckled.

Green K, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I never implied you did. I merely pointed out all the factors. A past it Casa, who got KOed late in a fight where he took a lot of shots before finally hitting the canvass, contrasted against a relatively fresh, young, future ATG who got sparked by one punch.

This is the best thing anyone can say about the legitimacy of the KO. The shot was pretty darn perfect. But in 42 previous rounds Marquez never landed anything approaching that shot? Perhaps not, but I'm pretty sure he landed some good ones without even putting Manny on his ass. Then he knocked Pacquiao down for the first time with a not-so-perfect punch.
            The Casamayor fight was very competitive before the KO (I had it 5-5 and it was a candidate for FotY) with both guys taking some hard shots, and Casamayor was turning in one of his better/sharper performances in a while despite his age.

I'm not sure you can call a 33 year old Pacquiao (34 next week) with 60 fights under his belt relatively young and fresh, especially when many people had felt he was already starting to slip in the last year or two going int othe fight. He had already fought 3 hard fights with Marquez, 2 hard fights with Morales, and spent several years fighting hard fights at welterweight against Cotto, Clottey, Mosley, Margarito and Bradley.

Roy Jones was only 34 when he got one-punched by Tarver and he had taken far, far less punishment in his career than Pacquiao had. Roy got hit by something that he never would have got hit with prior to that. His reflexes and slowed just enough and Tarver happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Those knockdowns were caused by two of the hardest punches Marquez ever landed on Pacquiao. He had his whole body moving behind that first one and caught many off guard (it was more of a hard flash knockdown anyways), and the second one Manny was a perfectly timed counter that Manny walked right into.

It's very possible that Manny had slowed just enough to get hit with shots that he would have avoided a few years ago. It happens to everyone, and like Jones, he's always relied on his reflexes for defense.

Comment

• I been saying anyone can get Knocked the fk out Ask Lennox Lewis and people exaggerating Marquez physique big time Pacquiao still going to be a Legend after he retires people and hes fans acting like it's the end of the world lol .

Comment

• I'm more shocked at the 3rd round knock down. Pac usually takes those shots. The KO was a given how careless Pac got and Marquez perfectly timed that shot it had almkst as
                Much to do with Pac lunging straight into it and not seeing it than Marquez punch itself since he wasn't even extending the punch as it landed.

Comment

• Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                  I'm more shocked at the 3rd round knock down. Pac usually takes those shots. The KO was a given how careless Pac got and Marquez perfectly timed that shot it had almkst as
                  Much to do with Pac lunging straight into it and not seeing it than Marquez punch itself since he wasn't even extending the punch as it landed.
                  Yea, the 3rd round knock down showed 40 yr old JMM is waaaay more powerful than the young one, that didn't have a ridiculous body with bulging muscles. And like you said, Manny has taken that shot many times, but after JMM hires a famous drugs cheat, that shot becomes a monster just like JMMs body.

Its like the NYtimes said, its impossible to ignore JMMs bulging shoulders and muscles at 40 yrs old right after hiring a drugs cheat from BALCO. Whether people like it or not, JMMs win is tainted, and rightfully so. Anyone with a brain knows 40 yr old JMM juiced, they don't need a drug test to tell them what is obvious.

The sad thing is, just like Mark Maguire and Sammy Sossa inspired other baseball players to start using PEDS, like Barry Bonds, now JMM is going to inspire A LOT of boxers to start experimenting with PEDs.
                  Last edited by BrokenHat; 12-10-2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• This is truly sad and pathetic! you have these so called unbias writers questioning and trying to taint the victory by the great JMM! Had Pac done the same to JMM would they question it? Would they ask well he wasnt able to stop him 3 times before even when he floored him 3x's in one round so why now? Where were they when Pac was moving up 5 weight classes and KO'ing men who outweighed him by more than 15 pounds? Why didnt they even suspect anything? Where were they when Alex Ariza was making his "special Manny shakes" the same Ariza who at that time was working with this same Memo Hernandez. No one questioned Memo then when he was working with Ariza who was working with Pac. Now all of a sudden he is questioned? This is a ***en disgrace in the boxing community that JMM is gettign so much sh it for his outright victory! Pac hasnt taken a fight serious since the Cotto clash and thinks he is above everyone and everything. Alex Ariza himself said that Manny does what he wants and doesnt listen or follow his program and maybe that is why manny has looked like shi t in his past 4 fights.
                    I am appalled at the fact that most of you on this site continue to hold Manny above su****ion when he is the one that should really be under su****ion. no one is jumping on Donaire or Mares or Ward for working with Victor ***en Conte!
                    but the beloved Pac gets ***en trucked and put to sleep by the great JMM and you ***en idiots cant deal with it?
                    ***en amazing!

Comment

• "The Mexican pharmacy was better" - Erik Morales

Everyone knows he was on something, but karmas a b*tch eh Pacquiao fans?
                      Last edited by strikefury; 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X