No announcement yet.

Is there such thing as a Lucky Punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Yet you don't think Pac's KO of Hatton was lucky. Do us all a favor and log the f$ck out.
    lol for this argument to hold any ground, one would have to believe in lucky punches..which you do not.. so if youre going to stick to this, you either have to believe there are such things as a lucky punch...or not continue posting fallacious comments and post a rebuttal with actual substance ...because all you are doing is looking at one aspect of that fight and using that as your sole support...instead of commenting on every point ive made which continues to go ignored

Also the fact you are comparing Pac/Hatton to Pac/Marquez in on of its own is mad dumb... considering the main characteristics of those fights are what make them distinct... and why i consider one lucky and the other one not.
    Last edited by Nekronicle; 12-10-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      I voted yes as I saw the third option...looks like I'm among great company
      Voted the same way.

Comment

• Save the few posts in which i acknowledged as legit reasoning ... 99.9% of you are only providing arguments for the actual punch that was thrown.

You're also acting as if Marquez is in his prime

I'll recap my argument and the support

1.) JMM, a boxer, was getting Outboxed by Pacquiao the majority of that fight. He looked slowed, lethargic, and his reflexes looked shot as evident by the amount of punches Pac was able to connect vs JMM's

2.) JMM landed that punch he practiced in round 3, by setting it up wtih a jab and feint, which forced Pac to drop his guard and Marquez landed and knocked him on the Canvas, I acknowledge this as a masterful shot, and not lucky, for comparison purposes.

3.) At the 10 second mark, JMM threw the same punch that Knocked Pacquiao out, without any reason...JMM threw that punch as a gamble..which inherently relies on luck..unless you want to argue gambling has no element of luck.

4.) The actual KO punch - It was a counter punch, Marquez did practice this punch, i have never argued this at all. However, this punch is not like...a Marquez Patent, this is a punch im sure all fighters practice and train for agaisnt a southpaw..its textbook.

5.) the acutal KO... the actual KO came only because of sheer luck, Pacquiao tripped and his head went into a free-fall, meaning he was unable to brace for a shot to the face..in turn rattling his brain around his head in a much more intense way (opposed to if he had braced for it), directly into Marquez fist, LIGHTS OUT. Arguing this aspect as skill or preparation is ridiculous. Nacho Bernstein even said that this was a phenomena.

Out of all these points ive suggested as reasoning for my belief in a lucky punch, most of you are only arguing #4...and disregarding everything else.

Also, those who voted #3, and believe in a lucky punch, just not this being a lucky punch, HAVE YET TO PROVIDE A SINGLE EXAMPLE!!! other than some hypothetical punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
          Voted the same way.
          So you believe in the existence of a lucky punch? and Marquez/Pac was not one of them...then what is a lucky punch? Out of the 40+ votes 0 people have given an example.

Comment

• Yes there is; But Juan was setting that shot up in every bout with Manny and landing it at times but this time Manny helped! Ray.
            Last edited by Ray Corso; 12-10-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• there is, but juans shot was not, the ko might've been, but even if pacquiao hadn't been sparked clean, he would have been knocked down hard
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• lucky punches doesn't exists.. there may be errors in your defense or tactics, ecc. but is your fault... and your opponent in this case should be good enough to take advantage of your error.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  If you can watch the video of Marquez taking a step back and countering a PAC miss right on the button and call it as a lucky punch you either don't know how boxing works or you are lying to yourself. That was a perfect counter shot. As good as you will ever see.
                  100% this...

Comment

• Seriously, whoever created this thread has no working knowledge of the sport whatsoever. Go and ask any boxing guy whether that punch was lucky, and he will laugh at you.

The fact that this thread has dragged on for 16 pages proves the extent that ignorant people will go to in order to promote their agenda.

Some of you are as dumb as a rock.

Comment

• 4:49 that's a lucky punch, McCall had his eyes closed when he threw the left and they were still closed when he threw the right that caught Lewis.
                      Last edited by Jam Jars; 01-02-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X