No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Look man. We all understand that he got KO'd. No one's taking that away from him. The thing is, the fight was the most electrifying thing we've seen in recent times, right next to Rios/Alvarado.

Pac looked as good as ever, and was winning, and almost stopped JMM for goodness sake. Yes, if Pac looked like some bum that was getting schooled round by round, and then got his lights shut off, of course I'd want him to retire.

That wasn't the case. He was starting to really pour it on JMM, and got caught. It can happen at any time in boxing. That's why this sport is so fun to watch.

That's the reason why people want to see a 5th installment.
    I semi-agree. I'm not totally on-board for a 5th fight, but I think it's clear they could have another great fight.

I also think it's clear Pacquiao has quite enough left in the tank to kick the **** out of a couple more fighters and retire on a high note. Marquez, if we're being objective, should just retire. He got the win of a lifetime and he's definitely overdue for retirement despite still being able to pull this kind of thing off.

Marquez pulled it off which is great, but he was being lit up before that and I don't care to see an ATG fight past his expiration date and get punished more than he needs to. He's slowing down for sure, coasting on pure [exceptional] skill.

Comment

You landed the punch of a lifetime..why even chance it. Retire right now lol..last thing he needs is to go fight someone else have it done to him and then retire. Might as well go now with the paper belt and the glorious win...that fight last night could've gone either way prior to that punch..take your victory and runnnnnnnnnn..you have nothing left to prove. But please please stop talking about you got robbed..it devalues your accomplishment.

Pacquaio should fight Tim Bradley, vent all that rage from that loss on Tim..if last night's pacquaio shows up feather fist Tim is in trouble. Actually i'm glad he lost last night..might make him get his head back in the game and stop working with Buboy so much..look at his other fighter who fought last night..ya'll talk about no defense..don't think that's freddie's fault after watching Iron Fist last night eat a million punches from Gamboa..yes he dropped him but he was a punching bag to land a few shots.
      Last edited by turnedup; 12-10-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        Look man. We all understand that he got KO'd. No one's taking that away from him. The thing is, the fight was the most electrifying thing we've seen in recent times, right next to Rios/Alvarado.

Pac looked as good as ever, and was winning, and almost stopped JMM for goodness sake. Yes, if Pac looked like some bum that was getting schooled round by round, and then got his lights shut off, of course I'd want him to retire.

That wasn't the case. He was starting to really pour it on JMM, and got caught. It can happen at any time in boxing. That's why this sport is so fun to watch.

That's the reason why people want to see a 5th installment.
        but see thats the thing, pac did come in looking excellent! he looked like the old manny, and thats where the flaw is, the old wild style manny, the one who comes in with his hands low and is there for a hard counter right that marquez was finally able to land, i always saw that flaw in manny, if someone could just time it perfectly as he trys to come in he could get knocked out, marquez knocked out a good as ever manny, so we know marquez can out box manny if he wants, we now know he has the power to take him out, so how can manny convincingly beat marquez?

and even though marquez looked good last night, he is getting older, and as far as im concerned i dont want a fifth fight happening where marquez age catches up with him and loses and then excuses of his age come pouring in, last night was the seal the deal fight, it was winner takes all

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          You landed the punch of a lifetime..why even chance it. Retire right now lol..last thing he needs is to go fight someone else have it done to him and then retire. Might as well go now with the paper belt and the glorious win...that fight last night could've gone either way prior to that punch..take your victory and runnnnnnnnnn..you have nothing left to prove. But please please stop talking about you got robbed..it devalues your accomplishment.

Pacquaio should fight Tim Bradley, vent all that rage from that loss on Tim..if last night's pacquaio shows up feather fist Tim is in trouble. Actually i'm glad he lost last night..might make him get his head back in the game and stop working with Buboy so much..look at his other fighter who fought last night..ya'll talk about no defense..don't think that's freddie's fault after watching Iron Fist last night eat a million punches from Gamboa..yes he dropped him but he was a punching bag to land a few shots.
          Honestly I'll be surprised if Marquez is dumb enough to take a 5th, but money talks. Honestly, despite the KO, we saw plenty of Marquez flaws last night. It makes no sense to hype up Pacquiao's flaws as having gotten him KO'd, and yet ignore the fact that Marquez was getting seriously ripped for most of the fight. He's slowing down. Neither fighter is in their prime anymore, although I actually think last night proved Pacquiao's not as far removed from his. Although his few fatal mistakes cost him dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
            The 3 rematches were justified..the first fight ended in a draw and the 2nd fight was so close a KD decided the winner..and the 3rd fight many many people felt Marquez won and the decision went to Pacquiao..

This was as decisive as it gets..Marquez sealed this book with that brutal KO..

Marquez should hang them up and call it one as well..going out on top unlike many..he's a legend, HOFer and ATG!..
            I agree...pac didn't fIght jmm tIll damn near 4 years after the second fight

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
              Honestly I'll be surprised if Marquez is dumb enough to take a 5th, but money talks. Honestly, despite the KO, we saw plenty of Marquez flaws last night. It makes no sense to hype up Pacquiao's flaws as having gotten him KO'd, and yet ignore the fact that Marquez was getting seriously ripped for most of the fight. He's slowing down. Neither fighter is in their prime anymore, although I actually think last night proved Pacquiao's not as far removed from his. Although his few fatal mistakes cost him dearly.
              I agree, the one thing we can take away from last night on Pacquaio's end is he's still good enough to dominate most of the 147 class for at least 2 more years..if he doesn't come back timid but I think honestly tim bradley is his safest comeback fight and it makes sense because he'll get his straps back and immediately climb back to his $20 million a fight plus it changes the story from Marquez's revenge to his own revenge. I was worried for Marquez after that second KO..i'll even go as far as to say Pacquaio gave the fight away I seriously think Marquez would not have lasted much longer, Manny's counter punching surprised me too. The second knockdown is what led him to get reckless trying to close out the show.

Comment

Warquez deserves to ride off into the sunset with the biggest and most spectacular win of his career. I would love to see him retire on such a high note, but if he doesn't he'll have my support always.

Comment

I hope he retires and I think he will. This fight was the only reason he wasn't already retired (he almost retired after the last fight with Pacman). Go out on top. Nothing left to prove to anyone.

Comment

Of course Marquez's kids want him to retire

They know Pac was winning and got caught with a lucky punch

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
                      I agree...pac didn't fIght jmm tIll damn near 4 years after the second fight
                      that was cause Marquez turned down the money initially offered to him and then ended up fighting Chris John and losing, which set things back a while because Pac began a fun little trilogy with Erik Morales (at least the first 2 fights).

Comment

Working...
                      X