Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless of what his children say he is a fighter regardless if this was for a title or what marquez is champion its going to be hard to retire on the top of his game he didn't look like an old fighter manny pacquiao by far isn't a shot fighter either I think marquez has more fights in him as an athlete you're not finished until you're finished and only he is going to make that decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez is riding high after his brutal sixth round knockout victory over Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Marquez dedicated his first official victory over Pacquiao to his family and to Mexico. At 39-years-old, Marquez will have a big decision to make regarding his future in the sport. Marquez plans to discuss his options with his family. If his children ask him to retire, he will retire.

[Click Here To Read More]
      so its up to Maniac and Warquez....thats wassup!!!

Comment

• Let`s be honest here guys!!!

Marquez needs to retire the truth is all that muscle was too much for him he looked slow.im not taking anything from him but he made a statement he knew he could knock manny out, all he needed was more muscle and he got it.

It could have gone either way manny needed a ko too and he almost got it marquez knew by the 5th round that he was loosing the fight.

I think they should both retire.

Comment

• Paq got Hattoned

Paq got KO'd fast. Hatton is smiling. Khan is smiling. Jinky and Floyd are crying. Marquez should demand the $25 million for the rematch with Paq getting the $3 million.

Comment

• I believe he should give Manny a rematch. The KO could have gone either way. It wasn't that Manny looked like he was done as a fighter and he was getting schooled the whole time. Manny just got caught but still showed skill.

JMM saying he'll retire if his kids want him to sounds to me as if he's trying to come up with a legitmate excuse. He came out victorious but that doesn't mean he wasn't scared by the fight.
            Last edited by tailchaser001; 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
              Paq got KO'd fast. Hatton is smiling. Khan is smiling. Jinky and Floyd are crying. Marquez should demand the $25 million for the rematch with Paq getting the $3 million.
              jealous hater what makes you think floyd is crying? money makes more money than any.if floyd had hit him. he would still be laying there right now.

Comment

• Paq got Hattoned

Marquez like Martinez landed a great punch it KO’d the tiny Paq out cold. Paq was winning the fight and had Marquez on the run and bleeding. Great punch great win. Paq got Hattoned. How many Marquez’s are there???? Just Juan.

Comment

• [QUOTE=turnedup;12794403][QUOTE=lopez36;12794376]
                  Originally posted by turnedup View Post

Again..more to the point..it's ok for Cotto to drain Margarito but not pacquaio..it's ok for floyd to fight dlh at a lower weight than he was effective at but it's ok..manny does it and it's bad! bad! bad! Cotto has to lose two extra pounds and it's "omg he lost all his power".. G T F O H..i won't indulge this crock of shhhh anymore..I been a life long fan of Cotto and he wouldn't have won that fight at 147, 150, or 154..your weight has nothing to do with being incappable of getting out of the way of every punch coming your way..
                  Does if youre drained...like Cotto was.

So because Cotto asked for a catchweight once, Manny can ask for 5? Almost all consecutively?

Oscar got a few catchweights. But thats not what his career and legacy was built on. He fought a few guys, in their prime, undefeated at even weights. Cant say the same about Pac.

Comment

• PAC JMM V definitely will not happen because by that time jmm will be 40 or probably going on 41.
                    Retire a happy man, Juan. You deserve it Champ

Comment

• Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                      The 3 rematches were justified..the first fight ended in a draw and the 2nd fight was so close a KD decided the winner..and the 3rd fight many many people felt Marquez won and the decision went to Pacquiao..

This was as decisive as it gets..Marquez sealed this book with that brutal KO..

Marquez should hang them up and call it one as well..going out on top unlike many..he's a legend, HOFer and ATG!..
                      Well said. Also, Pac fans should be careful what hey wish for. Marquez gets better at fighting him with every rematch. You really sure you want another one, Pac fans?

Comment

Working...
                      X