Collapse
No announcement yet.

What people aren't paying attention to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its no different than Floyd turn buckling Hatton , timing and a fighter moving on to the punch ramps up the power the one you dont see is the hardest , does the TS know anything about boxing sheeese !

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
      Did ysll not see how he loaded up on that punch?
      He did, awesome punch. He's landed big eye catching ones in all 3 fights. I'm not at all trying to say anything was sketchy. PWill was taking tremendous flush shots from Sergio a lot in the first fight.

Comment

There were 3 factors to that punch KOing Manny.

1. It was thrown with full force.
        2. Pac didn't see it i.e. it was a great counter punch.
        3. He walked onto it effectively doubling the power.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          the only guy he fought with pop Mosely was throwing shit tsame with Clottey which is why some people say it was fixed every Hatton was done in 2 rounds and Cotto doesn't have much power and was at a catchweight he really hasn't fought any body that could hurt him just alot of pastprime guys who couldn't pull the trigger
          As a welter Cotto still had good power, wasn't as physical as at 140. Even at 145 he'd be expected to knock out any guy that was at SFW a year and a half prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
            That's essentially it. The pure science behind a counter puncher is to use the opponents force against them. You have Manny jumping in you have Marquez throwing a power shot down the pipe therefore The connecting is amplified when the two forces collide. KO! Manny walked right into that one, er jumped!

Roy Jones called it out too, he had the best commentary of all of them.
            lol as I recall Roy claimed he was going to call it. He was good though I agree, for the first time I enjoyed listening to his commentary, he was excited.

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Its no different than Floyd turn buckling Hatton , timing and a fighter moving on to the punch ramps up the power the one you dont see is the hardest , does the TS know anything about boxing sheeese !
            Floyd didn't have Hatton down in the second round like Marquez did Pac. Hell Hatton may not even have gone down like that if he hadn't hit the ringpost - he got back up remember. Marquez's power at the weekend was something else.

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            in three fights, super accurate counter-puncher juan manuel marquez has never landed a perfect shot on pacquiao until the 4rth fight(once in the 3rd, once in the 6th), is basically what idiots are saying

he was obviously punching alot harder, just say he did alot of strenght training and that is what he was aiming for, anyone that thinks that was just ole normal juan in there is in denile
            yeap, he nearly took Pacquiao's head off with the first knockdown from a distance

Angel Hernandez is clearly some kind of genius strength and conditioner...or

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Marquez is a great counterpuncher with decent power and he landed probably the best timed shot of his career. That would have knocked anybody out.
              What about the knockdown in the third round? Pacquiao would not have gone down from that shot in the past. It's one of two things Pacquiao's chin has weakened (unlikely) or Marquez has gotten a lot stronger (he certainly looks it). Pacquiao fought recklessly, but there is not doubt in my mind that this is the strongest (all other intangibles aside) version of Marquez so far. This is a guy who used to step into the scales with love handles not that long ago, it's pretty clear he's a much stronger fighter than we've seen him in prior fights. Don't know why some people like to pretend like he hasn't gotten any fitter or stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                lol as I recall Roy claimed he was going to call it. He was good though I agree, for the first time I enjoyed listening to his commentary, he was excited.

Floyd didn't have Hatton down in the second round like Marquez did Pac. Hell Hatton may not even have gone down like that if he hadn't hit the ringpost - he got back up remember. Marquez's power at the weekend was something else.

yeap, he nearly took Pacquiao's head off with the first knockdown from a distance

Angel Hernandez is clearly some kind of genius strength and conditioner...or
                The point is moving onto a punch you dont see ramps the power , why dont you get that !

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
                  Marquez knocked out Ring champion Joel Casamayor in his first fight at 135, the first to ever knock Casamayor out. Power has always been there, it's never been a problem for him. He was also the first and only fighter stop Juan Diaz. Now he's the first fighter to stop Manny Pacquiao since 1999. Marquez's power has always been there. He was not getting knocked out by smaller guys at the lighter weights, and was having trouble putting them away, and just out nowhere is dominating. He's always had tremendous power.
                  so you're saying he did things nobody ever did before. interesting. I wonder why floyd wasn't suspicious of him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Not about "POWER" it is the punches you don't see coming that does the most damage

Paul Williams had a great chin as well but Martinez caught him with something he did not see coming and knocked him out

Comment

Styles makes fights, and well look at how Manny got hit with that right hand. Devasting, short compact right hand as Manny's feet weren't even sitting down he was lunging forward and took it right to the jaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X