No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: It Was Skill, Not Muscle That Beat Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
    hell, it was muscle that allowed pac to win the early rounds the way he did sans the kd and ko

jmm bulked up so much he couldn't throw the straight right like he normally does
    Well, how did that work out for him in the end ?

Lack of technique/skill got him KTFO.

It was timing and technique, so yeah, skill, that KTFO Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercdoc98 View Post
      Marquez won the only way he could possibly win but he he derserves the credit. He can never outbox Pacman. he doesn"t knock Pacman out and it get stopped in two rounds on a TKO for Pacman anyway cause Pacman was busting him up and it was getting worse. Marquez is a warrior but he got luck and it was just in time. Another 2 rounds and he would have been destroyed. Pacman just got over confident but thats the price ya pay. Both great warriors and both great role models. Mayweather never beat Marques because Mayweather never fought Marquez. Just more of those sissy punches that score points and trying to avoid a fight. Those two last night were true warriors, something Gayweather could never be. Bravo for both but all last night did was even it up. They need to do a fifth to settle it.
      I wouldn't say Marquez was lucky. Marquez fought this fight specifically for the KO. Every shot Juan threw had power behind it. He landed vicious body shots in the early rounds and once I saw Pacquiao get hurt from the first right hand knock down I knew that Marquez was going to fight for the KO. Marquez was getting outlanded and losing more rounds but he didn't care because he was landing well placed power shots. After Pac returned the favor and had Marquez hurt they went to an all out war and Pacquiao reverted to his old ways and threw the game plan out the window. Its true he was busting up Juan but Marquez did not get overwhelmed he sat in the pocket and was looking for the opportunity for the KO to present itself. Its true that Pac would have probably won a decision if it had gone the distance but the way these 2 were fighting there was no way this was going 12. They were both trying to finish each other off and Marquez landed a perfect counter shot with all his body weight going forward and used pacquiao's own forward momentum against him as well. i was in utter shock as pac layed there from the stunning shot. in a year where we have seen alvarado-rios & guerrero-berto, this is right there in the discussion for fight of the year.

Comment

Slill

Skill??
        He threw an overhand right so big,(the knockdown too) that he looked like Nolan Ryan throwing a fastball. Pac's mistake was his left hand was way down when he came in. He must have saw that in video and capitalized on it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
          Well, how did that work out for him in the end ?

Lack of technique/skill got him KTFO.

It was timing and technique, so yeah, skill, that KTFO Pacquiao.
          worked out beautifully i must say

Comment

Can a Pinoy or PAC fan tell me how it feels seeing their hero get knock the fffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkk out? PAC never will get the ko against jmm tell me how does that feel? Is your blood boiling of hate? How does it feel to see PAC sssssshhhhiiiiiiit pushed in by a Mexican ?
            Making all this stupid excuse bunch of butthurt morons.

Comment

We all remember what freddie roach said"muscles don't mean *****" and now manny wants a fifth why? Marquez said he won all the previous and manny said he wanted to leave no doubt along with marquez so its over and we all saw manny's shirt after the fight which SAID FINISHED BUISNESS.

Comment

Paq is good not great

Great fighters do not get KO'd like Manny did? Paq got pulverized. Sugar Ray never happened to either of them. Ali- Floyd-Chavez not happening. Paq got smashed face first in an embarrassing manner. Paq is not great merely good. Big difference in great and good. When a pug gets KO'd like Paq went out you never ever recover from that mentally or physically.

Comment

You need muscle to perfom your skills. Ped's wont give you the eyehand coorination but will make your muscles more explosive

Comment

Marquez: It was MY FOOT, not muscle, that beat Pacquiao! watch the replay!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                      Can a Pinoy or PAC fan tell me how it feels seeing their hero get knock the fffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkk out? PAC never will get the ko against jmm tell me how does that feel? Is your blood boiling of hate? How does it feel to see PAC sssssshhhhiiiiiiit pushed in by a Mexican ?
                      Making all this stupid excuse bunch of butthurt morons.
                      we're just shock to see pac lost but we are not cry babies like you who go on cocaine and suicidal attempt after a lost and shouting i was robbed i won those first 3 fights! boxing is not the only thing in our life you idiot, we are just happy to see just one filipino busting up all mexicans. now you've got a piece of cake courtesy of that foot trick
                      Last edited by boksingero; 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X