Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter Bernard Hopkins or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guerrerosoul View Post
    Is close,Marquez is arguably undefeated Hopkins lost his biggest fights, Calzaghe, Jones and Taylor, they all beat him clearly.
    Lol at those being his biggest fights and two of those guys he was already over the age of 40.

Anyways, it really isn't too hard to figure out just look at the resumes. Tell me, other than Pacquiao who is JMMs best win??? Like I said Jmm his legacy IS Pacquiao, Hopkins on the other hand his legacy isn't simply about beating a single fighter.

Also if you want to play the "Marquez is arguably undefeated" (which isn't true) then we can say Hopkins arguably beat Taylor & Calzaghe.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 12-30-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Well if I was black I'd go with B-hop

but since i'm Mexican I'll go with Marquez

Why do people make these threads? They're all biased!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guerrerosoul View Post
        Is close,Marquez is arguably undefeated Hopkins lost his biggest fights, Calzaghe, Jones and Taylor, they all beat him clearly.
        Wow you would have to be a complete idiot to think that. Never mind that the Jones and Taylor fights were 15 undefeated years apart and he demolished both of the guys who Brutally KO'd Jones and Taylor. Plus the fact that he was 46 when he fought Calslappy and half the people think he won. Most guys fight 1-2 big names in a career Hopkins fought about 12 and beat most if not all. Even the ones he lost were disputed.

The only fights he clearly lost were Jones when he first started and Dawson 20 years later.

Comment

Put it this way. We're 2 weeks removed from Marquez's greatest achievement and Hopkins lost his last 2 fights and is still winning handily. If it was the other way around Marquez wouldn't have 1 vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Maybe Jones beat him clearly but not Calzaghe and Taylor. And Marquez was dominated by Mayweather so he's not arguably undefeated.
            Mayweather fight doesn't count Floyd cheat, he didn't respect the catch weight.

Comment

Lol @ doesn't count, now I know you're trolling. I guess the Norwood and John fights don't count either.

Comment

I am going to say Bernard Hopkins

Comment

@Skittlez

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                  Only hard core boxing fans remember light weights..

Casuals don't remember light weights..
                  JMM and Pacquaio WILL NOT be remembered by casuals..

they will be remembered by posters on sites like this 40 years from now..

LOL @ skittlez. OK man, we all now know that you have lost touch with reality.

JMM might not be remembered by casuals, Manny Pacquiao will be remembered by all .... Who are you trying to kid. Really man??? Seriously, I can't even believe you wrote that rubbish, let alone actually believe that yourself.

P.S., ... about your sig, .... please don't associate Rios in the same sentence as Duran .... unless your in a comedy forum that is!

Comment

@Иatas

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Lol @ doesn't count, now I know you're trolling. I guess the Norwood and John fights don't count either.
                    ... The Freddie Norwood fight .... whatever, I can't comment, as I haven't seen the fight. But, the Chris John fight I have seen. JMM CLEARLY won that fight no less than 116-112. That decision was completely fixed. Chris John got beat. They robbed Marquez blind. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      Wow you would have to be a complete idiot to think that. Never mind that the Jones and Taylor fights were 15 undefeated years apart and he demolished both of the guys who Brutally KO'd Jones and Taylor. Plus the fact that he was 46 when he fought Calslappy and half the people think he won. Most guys fight 1-2 big names in a career Hopkins fought about 12 and beat most if not all. Even the ones he lost were disputed.

The only fights he clearly lost were Jones when he first started and Dawson 20 years later.
                      You Sr are blind Calzaghe beat him clearly take this
                      the fact he start boxing late and his style allow him to stay around longer,he is a very crafty boxer and know all the dirty tricks
                      Marquesz was 19 when he start knocking guy all over,at the same age Hopkins was getting his salad tossed, when he decide to take a long vacation in jail.any way is my point of view,dont have to agree moron.

Comment

Working...
                      X