No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Sergio Martinez Believe Pacquiao is Finished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titan_1987 View Post
    I doubt it that you were a fan of Pac pre-140. Like i said. No need for pretensions. We've been here a long time now.

Who would have Pac fought at 147 if you don't mind? Berto? Lazcano? Collazo? or perhaps Maliggnagi? Floyd held the Lineal title belt. The punisher, martinez, outgrew the division. There wasn't even a serious comp in welter.

But, whatever, i'm done. Marquez timed him to perfection. Just like what Pac did to Hatton. What comes around goes around.
    Any rated WW that had a title or hell at least just winning fights.

However to clearly give you a name, I would say Mosley when he was the WW Champion.

How is it that Pac has said no to the last 2 top WW's? I mean really Pac has said no to the very best WW's like Mayweather and Mosley and then took on fighters like Clottey, Margarito and then Mosley after losing and in Mosley's case looking every bit of 40.

Then to top it off, Pac ducked everyone at WW and chose to fight LW's and JWW's at WW. If we must talk down other fighters for fighting guys who do not belong at WW, then I have no problem keeping those same standards on par for Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      You're making a fallacious argument; you're acting as if the difference between Pacquiao's other opponents and Marquez is simply that he's "not a bum". To reduce Marquez to mere "not a bum" status is ridiculous: he's a living legend, and an all-time great. Pacquiao's flaws are definitely real but it takes a very particular kind of fighter to take advantage of them. Marquez is that fighter.
      I said a fighter with speed and movement, something that Clottey, Margartio and Mosley did not have which is why Pac was beating them up and looking good. Not stating that JMM only won just because he wasn’t a bum.

Just look what happened when you Pac in with Bradley. Granted Pac should have won vs Bradley but we didn't see Bradley look like Hatton, Hoya, Cotto, Margarito etc.

I know JMM is a great fighter and a legend but it's not like we can sit here and say that Pac makes easy work of fighters that have movement and speed. Let alone boxing abilities. There is a reason the opposition all had certain attributes in common. Like losing, old, just been Ko’ed, weight stipulations etc.

However JMM deserves fighter of the year and KO of the year imo.

Comment

Fighters dont come back from one punch unconsciousness at this point in their career. Manny has had one foot out the door anyways, this just requires him to take the other step. Boxing will miss Manny thats for damn sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          I said a fighter with speed and movement, something that Clottey, Margartio and Mosley did not have which is why Pac was beating them up and looking good. Not stating that JMM only won just because he wasn’t a bum.
          Styles make fights. Matchmaking is part of the game, that's fine. He made his mark in boxing before he moved up to welterweight.

Just look what happened when you Pac in with Bradley. Granted Pac should have won vs Bradley but we didn't see Bradley look like Hatton, Hoya, Cotto, Margarito etc.
          So what? Not every fighter needs to be Hatton'd. Pacquiao should have won that fight, we both know that. Styles make fights, again. Plus, if a fighter plays it relatively safe they're not always going to present the opportunity to be KO'd. Marquez hasn't "Pacquiao'd" every fighter he's ever fought.

I know JMM is a great fighter and a legend but it's not like we can sit here and say that Pac makes easy work of fighters that have movement and speed. Let alone boxing abilities. There is a reason the opposition all had certain attributes in common. Like losing, old, just been Ko’ed, weight stipulations etc.
          First of all, Bradley was a legitimate matchup. In my opinion, he made easy work of Tim but could have made even easier work of him had he shown up for that fight looking like he did last night. Honestly, that Pacquiao would have finished Bradley and stopped him.

JMM deserves big props for this, for sure. However, Pacquiao is still a top fighter and if this doesn't ruin his mental game, he'll be fine. I think he should go out with a couple more wins and retire. I don't pretend that this stage of his career is supposed to have the most substance. He was clearly sharp last night, and made a couple of mistakes that cost him against someone who was equipped to make him pay for them. That's all. Last night was practically vintage Pacquiao, sans some his prime's unstoppable-ness.

Comment

Stop your ****ing crying you fairy. I called this **** years ago. Don't be mad that Pac is overly exposed and overly hyped and when he's not fighting bums this is what happens.

Now carry on you troll.

Man wes quit troolong bro

Comment

Nobody said they weren’t dumbass... JMM deserved this fight and I under estimated him in the 3rd fight as I was sure as **** pac was not the same confused fighter as he was in 2008. Sure as **** I was wrong and I sure as **** under estimated JMM once again in the 4th fight as I thought Pac was better than I predicted. I picked JMM to win but didn’t think he would KO Pac who looked just as he did from 2008.
              I never did. I always knew JMM had Pac's number. Nearly no one thought JMM had a chance and I called it exactly how it was going to go and called this one as well. Not the KO but that JMM would go to the body and hurt Pacquiao more. Check the sig.

Comment

Can't think of another so called great fighter like Pac at 33 getting KO'd by a waaay past his best 39 year old.
                Yeah, he's finished.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                  Styles make fights. Matchmaking is part of the game, that's fine. He made his mark in boxing before he moved up to welterweight.

So what? Not every fighter needs to be Hatton'd. Pacquiao should have won that fight, we both know that. Styles make fights, again. Plus, if a fighter plays it relatively safe they're not always going to present the opportunity to be KO'd. Marquez hasn't "Pacquiao'd" every fighter he's ever fought.

First of all, Bradley was a legitimate matchup. In my opinion, he made easy work of Tim but could have made even easier work of him had he shown up for that fight looking like he did last night. Honestly, that Pacquiao would have finished Bradley and stopped him.

JMM deserves big props for this, for sure. However, Pacquiao is still a top fighter and if this doesn't ruin his mental game, he'll be fine. I think he should go out with a couple more wins and retire. I don't pretend that this stage of his career is supposed to have the most substance. He was clearly sharp last night, and made a couple of mistakes that cost him against someone who was equipped to make him pay for them. That's all. Last night was practically vintage Pacquiao, sans some his prime's unstoppable-ness.
                  Which was my entire point. It is the same Pac from 2008 before he was overly hyped and put in with oppsotion to make him look better than he really was.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    I never did. I always knew JMM had Pac's number. Nearly no one thought JMM had a chance and I called it exactly how it was going to go and called this one as well. Not the KO but that JMM would go to the body and hurt Pacquiao more. Check the sig.
                    I had JMM winning the 4th fight but never predicted by KO either. I knew he would go to body to slow him down and after the first KD, I said JMM right hand is on par and is perfectly timed. It was only a matter of time and yet Pac never had the skills to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      cant stand this metrosexual flash in the pan f@66ot ass, but i agree pac is done...
                      Yeah, your hero is done. Say goodbye to boxing mother****er, lmao!

Comment

Working...
                      X