No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Sergio Martinez Believe Pacquiao is Finished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titan_1987 View Post
    But but but Pacquiao is a one dimensional fighter who beats up bums and was never a threat to anyone else who fought like Floyd and Marquez?

You can make a case for Guzman or Campbell but i doubt they were exceptionally skilled equally or more than Floyd/Marquez.

So what is it then. Marquez KOD the greatest TOMATO can or the greatest hype job of the decade?
    Stop shuddering lol.. I love how you inspire to use this "tomato can" phrase as if somewhere in this convo I have used it? Interesting but not surprising.

Now, I will say that JMM KOed the most overly hyped/rated WW fighter of this era. To be clear, Pac hasn’t even fought the slightest of the best WW’s in years. Most recently he’s been fighting guys that do not even belong at WW.

However if we were talking about pre-140 (which is the era of when I was a fan) Pac is a great fighter. Since 140 and up, it’s been a joke and overly hyped and has been built in Floyd's shadow.

Last night displayed that pac was no different than he was when he gave JMM a rematch back in 2008 and looked like a confused fool. Just as he did in the 3rd encounter.

At the end of the day Pac can’t adjust to a counter puncher with movement and speed. Which is why he went on a ducking spree by fighting Clottey, Margartio and Mosley. ALL past prime bums who brought none of those attributes to the table. They all also had a few things in common as they where not winning, held no titles and where well past it.

Comment

If Jr. had finished the job in the 12th, would we be saying the same thing about Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        You are a ****** aren't you?:
        I never even watch Pacquaio fights and dn't give a *** about midget pac or midget floyd, but justreading two of your posts I can tell you are a ******.

You can deny it but I know you a ****** and you know I know you a ******.

Deep inside.. you know I'm right ****** boy.
        and this is why the pactarts are a disgrace to the sport. Thank you for validating it once again alt.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
          So,....Berto, Guerrero, Malignaggi are?
          I never said they we're. You said that Pacquiao continues to go out and fight the best....now i'm asking you if a 40 year old over weight Marquez was the best out there. Is he?

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Nobody said they weren’t dumbass... JMM deserved this fight and I under estimated him in the 3rd fight as I was sure as **** pac was not the same confused fighter as he was in 2008. Sure as **** I was wrong and I sure as **** under estimated JMM once again in the 4th fight as I thought Pac was better than I predicted. I picked JMM to win but didn’t think he would KO Pac who looked just as he did from 2008.
            I think we all were in that same boat. Manny looked great last night, and resembled the old Pac it seemed, We all underestimated the greatness of Marquez. I for one will NEVER doubt Marquez like that ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
              I think we all were in that same boat. Manny looked great last night, and resembled the old Pac it seemed, We all underestimated the greatness of Marquez. I for one will NEVER doubt Marquez like that ever again.
              Seeing Pac staredown JMM when they touched gloves before round 1 had me thinking tha Pac looked serious and ready to go.

The fact was, he was ready and was serious and he looked just like he was expected too look which was great. Only difference was, JMM was no bum like Pac has been fighting over the past few years. Bradley wasn't either reguardless if you think Pac SHOULD HAVE won, in which I think he should have.

Comment

Would like to see Pac get his revenge vs Bradley first, in what was one of the worst recent scoring decisoins in a title fight.

Comment

Stop shuddering lol.. I love how you inspire to use this "tomato can" phrase as if somewhere in this convo I have used it? Interesting but not surprising.

Now, I will say that JMM KOed the most overly hyped/rated WW fighter of this era. To be clear, Pac hasn’t even fought the slightest of the best WW’s in years. Most recently he’s been fighting guys that do not even belong at WW.

However if we were talking about pre-140 (which is the era of when I was a fan) Pac is a great fighter. Since 140 and up, it’s been a joke and overly hyped and has been built in Floyd's shadow.

Last night displayed that pac was no different than he was when he gave JMM a rematch back in 2008 and looked like a confused fool. Just as he did in the 3rd encounter.

At the end of the day Pac can’t adjust to a counter puncher with movement and speed. Which is why he went on a ducking spree by fighting Clottey, Margartio and Mosley. ALL past prime bums who brought none of those attributes to the table. They all also had a few things in common as they where not winning, held no titles and where well past it.
                  I doubt it that you were a fan of Pac pre-140. Like i said. No need for pretensions. We've been here a long time now.

Who would have Pac fought at 147 if you don't mind? Berto? Lazcano? Collazo? or perhaps Maliggnagi? Floyd held the Lineal title belt. The punisher, martinez, outgrew the division. There wasn't even a serious comp in welter.

But, whatever, i'm done. Marquez timed him to perfection. Just like what Pac did to Hatton. What comes around goes around.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                    If Jr. had finished the job in the 12th, would we be saying the same thing about Martinez?
                    If, would've, could've, should've!

Comment

Seeing Pac staredown JMM when they touched gloves before round 1 had me thinking tha Pac looked serious and ready to go.

The fact was, he was ready and was serious and he looked just like he was expected too look which was great. Only difference was, JMM was no bum like Pac has been fighting over the past few years. Bradley wasn't either reguardless if you think Pac SHOULD HAVE won, in which I think he should have.
                      You're making a fallacious argument; you're acting as if the difference between Pacquiao's other opponents and Marquez is simply that he's "not a bum". To reduce Marquez to mere "not a bum" status is ridiculous: he's a living legend, and an all-time great. Pacquiao's flaws are definitely real but it takes a very particular kind of fighter to take advantage of them. Marquez is that fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X