No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Sergio Martinez Believe Pacquiao is Finished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Actually if Pac would have fought Floyd and not Clottey we wouldn’t have simple pactarts such as yourself who only now have come to the realization that Pac is simply not as good as he was made out to be.

But yeah, keep trying with your little triangle thing. However there is no need to play with triangles as Floyd has always been the favorite to beat Pac and last night once again displayed EXACTLY why so.

Keep crying though if you feel the need but either way I don’t give a ****.
    Right. Whatever keeps your boat afloat. I've been postin here since 2009. Been here since 2004.

FMJ VS PAC never happened. So keep on deluding yourself that PAC was the greatest tomato can that ever happened. Marquez has been the most unappreciated Mexican fighter in the light weight categories.

Marquez IS a great fighter. So is Pacquiao. Two great rivalries that are enshrined in boxing memory. SO get over IT bi@tch

Comment

..No it is not... May-Pac still I fight people want to see. Maybe also a rematch with Bradley.

Comment

First and foremost, I'm not a huge Pacquiao fan. I believe he's done wonderful things for the sport of boxing over the past decade. Okay, with that said, I'm not understanding how people could consider Pacquiao to be a finished fighter. I mean, he's technically only had one loss since the 2005, that Bradley fight is definitely one that can be tossed in the toilet as a true masterpiece by the judges. Anyone who legitimately thinks Bradley won that fight should reconsider the sport. We can make a case that Pacquiao loss the second fight against Marquez, myself I scored the bout in favor of Marquez by three rounds. The third fight was a toss up, I wasn't mad that Pacquiao received the decision, I wouldn't have been upset with a Marquez victory or a draw. Now he's defeated some of the top fighters in the past 12 years and he loses to a "Future" HOF fighter and he's all of a sudden done? How so? Because he was knocked out by a HOF fighter? I don't see the logic in that. If he were to be knocked out by a fighter of lesser caliber, then yes, I can see his days of being on the top being over. But we're talking about losing to a guy whose fought on equal terms in three separate fights, who has defeated just about all comers, has the resolve of a honey badger and again, is a future HOF. There is no logic in saying Pacquiao is done and that he's no longer capable of fighting at the elite level, no argument to be made there. People are having the tendency of saying that he's not fighting with the same type of fire, granted he may have slowed down a tad bit, but not by much. Otherwise, he wouldn't have dropped Marquez and he wouldn't have hurt Marquez either. Let's not forget, it was Marquez who was in survival mode up until the knockout. Fans forget the obvious when something spectacular happens in a fight, most don't realize Pacquiao had won 4 of the 5 rounds that had been fought up until the knockout and was actually on his way to winning the 6 until he became careless and left himself open. So to say he's done at the top level is ridiculous, if he's done at the top level so is Marquez, Martinez and Floyd the remaining top 5 of the Lbs for Lbs list. I can make the case and say that Martinez is done because he was nearly knocked out by a half trained, half committed, smoked out Chavez. I can say Marquez is done because he was on the verge of being stopped by a "supposedly" done Pacquiao. I can say Mayweather is done because he went tooth and nail with a "supposedly" done Cotto. See how easy it is to discredit someone?!

Comment

Originally posted by titan_1987 View Post
          Right. Whatever keeps your boat afloat. I've been postin here since 2009. Been here since 2004.

FMJ VS PAC never happened. So keep on deluding yourself that PAC was the greatest tomato can that ever happened. Marquez has been the most unappreciated Mexican fighter in the light weight categories.

Marquez IS a great fighter. So is Pacquiao. Two great rivalries that are enshrined in boxing memory. SO get over IT bi@tch
          Nobody said they weren’t dumbass... JMM deserved this fight and I under estimated him in the 3rd fight as I was sure as **** pac was not the same confused fighter as he was in 2008. Sure as **** I was wrong and I sure as **** under estimated JMM once again in the 4th fight as I thought Pac was better than I predicted. I picked JMM to win but didn’t think he would KO Pac who looked just as he did from 2008.

Comment

wtf kind of an article title is this? martinez has nothing to do with those comments. you might as well say team fortuna believe pacquiao is finished as well since lewkowicz and sarmiento both work with fortuna in the same capacity as they do with martinez.

Comment

Nobody said they weren’t dumbass... JMM deserved this fight and I under estimated him in the 3rd fight as I was sure as **** pac was not the same confused fighter as he was in 2008. Sure as **** I was wrong and I sure as **** under estimated JMM once again in the 4th fight as I thought Pac was better than I predicted. I picked JMM to win but didn’t think he would KO Pac who looked just as he did from 2008.
              But but but Pacquiao is a one dimensional fighter who beats up bums and was never a threat to anyone else who fought like Floyd and Marquez?

You can make a case for Guzman or Campbell but i doubt they were exceptionally skilled equally or more than Floyd/Marquez.

So what is it then. Marquez KOD the greatest TOMATO can or the greatest hype job of the decade?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Agreed. Pac clearly has something left in the tank. If he loses to a guy like Rios, then we would know he's "finished".
                Agreed. I think that his mental will truly be tested now. When he was KO'd when he was a kid....i think thats easily dismissed. Hes never had an exp like this. Can he rebound the way the K brothers did? I dont know, but yeah like you said....if ends up loses to someone like Rios, then its time to call it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
                  Agreed. I think that his mental will truly be tested now. When he was KO'd when he was a kid....i think thats easily dismissed. Hes never had an exp like this. Can he rebound the way the K brothers did? I dont know, but yeah like you said....if ends up loses to someone like Rios, then its time to call it quits.
                  It may be the case. He can retire and focus on his political career which i truly despise.

Pac isn't done yet. He may opt for a PvM-V, or a farewell fight. No one knows but i believe everyone anticipates his futures moves..

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Bradley would shut Pac down in a rematch, believe that.
                    With all due respect, your credibility on the Bradley-Pacquiao matchup was shot after the first fight, my friend. The Pacquiao who showed up last night brutalizes Bradley, with no chance of being KO'd. Bradley's only chance is that Manny becomes a shell of himself after getting knocked out cold, but it may not happen. I picture him wanting to come back and prove something again. That said, 2013 should be his final year in boxing.

No disrespect to Bradley, either. I think he belongs at 140. His punching power isn't suited for the higher weight division. He's also a solid B or B+ fighter, not elite. He can cause problems for most people but put in with a "great" fighter, his limits will show up.

IMO Pacquiao's clearly physically still a top fighter, and it's just a matter of how this affects him mentally. It may, or it may not.

Also, **** these idiot fanboys on this website. Honestly, I need to just stick to BadLeftHook where there's actual intelligent boxing discussion that sees all fighters for more what they are rather than these pre-teens bickering like little b1tches all day and riding c0cks. I'm looking at you, WESS.
                    Last edited by samouraļ; 12-09-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Stop your ****ing crying you fairy. I called this **** years ago. Don't be mad that Pac is overly exposed and overly hyped and when he's not fighting bums this is what happens.

Now carry on you troll.
                      You are a virgin aren't you?:
                      I never even watch Pacquaio fights and dn't give a fuk about midget pac or midget floyd, but justreading two of your posts I can tell you are a virgin.

You can deny it but I know you a virgin and you know I know you a virgin.

Deep inside.. you know I'm right virgin boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X