Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather sits alone at the top as P4P KING of his era.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    yeah, after Floyd fights and beats them they're like:

"Yeah, but let him fight King kong or Sasquatch. Betcha he won't beat them."
    I can't remember the last time Floyd fought someone most people wanted him to see him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
      If you check my posting history, I have always defended Mayweather, but I am officially done. I don't see how you guys can defend someone that uses the sport that we love as his own personal ATM and then can't even give us the respect of giving us the fight that we want. I cannot support someone that is showing future generations of champions that it is ok to avoid the best fighters out there while taking the easiest path to greatness. I hate to say it but I do not want to see Floyd on ATG list or being ranked among ray Robinson, Leonard, Ali, hell even De La Hoya. Unless he fights Martinez, I can't see him as an all time great fighter. I see him along the lines of Sven Ottke, Joe Calzaghe, etc. A talented fighter, but unproven against prime competition.
      exactly....

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
        If you check my posting history, I have always defended Mayweather, but I am officially done. I don't see how you guys can defend someone that uses the sport that we love as his own personal ATM and then can't even give us the respect of giving us the fight that we want. I cannot support someone that is showing future generations of champions that it is ok to avoid the best fighters out there while taking the easiest path to greatness.
        How is fighting Marquez instead of Pacquiao the easiest path to greatness? Your post is seriously disrespectful towards Marquez.

Comment

If it wasn't for the fact we all knew Manny was looking more and more over the hill in recent fights, I'd say it was true, but Manny hasn't been his old self and neither has Mayweather. Just like when Roy Jones got KO'd at age 35, no one considered that a prime Roy Jones. **** happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
            Gone are the days of arguing who's The man of this era of boxing. Mayweather is the last man standing. He has always been the best. Only a few delusional pac fans thought different.
            This makes no sense at all. In order to be the best or claim to be, you have to fight the best and fight regularly. You cant fight once in a blue moon and claim to be the best, thats crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
              I can't remember the last time Floyd fought someone most people wanted him to see him fight.
              Probably Hatton, so five years.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                Oh man, for realz?

Before Floyd fought Corrales, Gatti, Judah, Hatton, De La Hoya, Mosley, and yes, Cotto everyone thought they could beat him and wanted to see them beat Floyd.

Arum was adamant that Floyd would "not fight someone (Mosley) bigger and who could beat him." Everyone called him a coward when Floyd put Shane on hold after their in-ring spat.

Member? You member.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  How is fighting Marquez instead of Pacquiao the easiest path to greatness? Your post is seriously disrespectful towards Marquez.

There was so much that didnt add up.. Marquez jumping from 135 to 147 on a lie that there would be a catchweight at 144.. Mayweather came in at 147. Also Marquez conditioning for that fight was crazy..eating nothing but tacos to gain and throw rocks for a strength conditioning???

He learned after that fight for him to fight in the bigger weight divisions he better get the proper nutrition and conditioning coach...

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                    There was so much that didnt add up.. Marquez jumping from 135 to 147 on a lie that there would be a catchweight at 144.. Mayweather came in at 147. Also Marquez conditioning for that fight was crazy..eating nothing but tacos to gain and throw rocks for a strength conditioning???

He learned after that fight for him to fight in the bigger weight divisions he better get the proper nutrition and conditioning coach...
                    Floyd came in at 146 to JMM's 144 : 2 lbs difference.

Pac weighed in at 147 to JMM's 143 : 4 lbs difference

JMM had better conditioning against Pac but he won because of strategy, not conditoning.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post

let me ask you a question......

is floyd-jmm 2 a legit fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X