Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's stock just went through the roof!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be one of the stupider threads I have seen today, its got all the ingredients. Triangle theories, floydiots with cum stained clothing, giving floyd credit for another mans victory. It absolutely honks!

If anything, Mayweathers stock has just plummeted, he has just watched a world record payday go up in flames before his eyes.

Comment

I have been a Floyd fan since day one, but with that said he should not be ranked on all time pound for pound list. I don't like the message that this sends to future generations of champions that its ok to avoid your biggest challenge until he falls off. I understood the drug testing issue, I even somewhat understood the issue with the split, but after all that was settled there was no excuse for the fight to happen, and he wouldn't even give us the respect of a proper explanation. I hope it is forever held against him that he never did the Pacquiao fight and that it prevents him from being ranked with the all time best.

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
        Wrong. Floyd beat Marquez convincingly who KO'd Pacquiao last night.
        Triangle theory. Nice one!

Comment

And now here's the new twist: Mayweather's fistic legacy has taken a hit because he lost out financially.

Please keep the excuses coming, fellas! Can't stop laughing over here

Comment

Originally posted by FkDaHtrs View Post
            True, triangle logic doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. In this case, Flyd showed he was a much better technical fighter than Marquez. He would have easily handled Manny.
            Again, straight left vulnerability and against an unfamiliar fighter - was more than enough to put a variable out there in a potential match with Floyd. Who's to say in contrast, Manny wouldn't have done something shocking to May. It's boxing, you have to account for the unexpected.

and it's incomparable especially since Juan fought Pac 4 f%#Kn times and was not intimidated in the slightest by the last 2 bouts.

I stand by it, triangle logic. and Floyd most likely stayed away from Manny for a reason (tactical as well as the juice). We're talking about the smartest fighter in the sport now... he saw something Manny has in his fight game he doesn't like.
            Last edited by Haglerwins; 12-09-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
              I have been a Floyd fan since day one, but with that said he should not be ranked on all time pound for pound list. I don't like the message that this sends to future generations of champions that its ok to avoid your biggest challenge until he falls off. I understood the drug testing issue, I even somewhat understood the issue with the split, but after all that was settled there was no excuse for the fight to happen, and he wouldn't even give us the respect of a proper explanation. I hope it is forever held against him that he never did the Pacquiao fight and that it prevents him from being ranked with the all time best.
              Gotta respect this post.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                Triangle theory. Nice one!
                I'm a Floyd fan. My life is based on triangle theories; take your facts somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  And now here's the new twist: Mayweather's fistic legacy has taken a hit because he lost out financially.

Please keep the excuses coming, fellas! Can't stop laughing over here
                  Not sure how his fistic legacy is affected, but carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
                    I'm a Floyd fan. My life is based on triangle theories; take your facts somewhere else.
                    .....Sorry...what was I thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                      Manny Pacquiao had dropped down out of the top 5 since the 3rd Marquez fight.

What are YOU talking about, dude?

Floyd is the #1 WW, the #1 jrMW and P4P#1. He doesn't need defending. And Floyd is less important than boxing itself.

The issue was that Pacquiao had looked like **** in his fights since Mosley.

Couple that with the fact that Pacquiao had NEVER fought a top 3 WW or jrMW, and some that he did fight he dehydrated with mannyweights.

So let me ask you: How the hell is that P4P worthy?

Then go on and ask yourself how Manny is in the top 3 after getting a gift against Marquez in the 3rd fight, a loss against Bradley and getting KTFO last night?

You, like anyone else, are entitled to your own opinion, but back your **** up or your opinion is worthless.
                      First off P4P is nothing but OPINION anyway. Pac on my P4P list is top 5. Say what you want about him not looking good against Mosley, he BEAT Mosley. How the hell is Floyd the #1 JMW, from beating Cotto? Get the heck outta here with that son.

Who exactly did Pac dehydrate with Mannyweights? Oscar who himself asked for the fight at 147? Cotto who came down an extra 2 pounds and said himself he had no problems with the weight? Or maybe it was Margarito in a fight nobody cared or even asked for which was also for a bullcrap title? Sorry bro you must have assumed I was some Pac fan with the crap you're saying. I couldn't care less man, i'm a boxing fan and call it like I see it.

IMO Pac lost to Marquez, he then bounced back and beat Bradley. Much like the Marquez 3 fight where Marquez got screwed Pac got screwed vs Bradley. If you don't have him in your top 5 P4P then ok. Just don't get butthurt when other people do. You seem more like a Pac hater then an actual boxing fan, which doesn't surprise me seeing as how they have a lot of them on this site.

Comment

Working...
                      X