Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Marquez just destroy Mayweather's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing people can't say is this....."Floyd never beat an ATG at a weigh they could fight at". Marquez is a certified ATG hands down and has proved two times in a row that he can be a world class fight at WW.

Comment

It can't hurt his legacy. The only thing it did was it limited how far Floyd could enhance his legacy in his last few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        No .. only OST testing would have done that.

Getting KO'd allowed Manny to look like he was going out on his shield instead of running away from exposure like he had been doing since 2009.

They(Roach) say that this isn't the last of Pacquiao. So let's see if he's willing to test now that his asss has been handed to him with a side order of fries.

I bet Roach wishes he would have tested Marquez' asss now! And that, my friends, is no laughing matter.
        Maybe Manny should have asked JMM for OST.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Um, where to start? Floyd fought Marquez at a catchweight of 144, then showed up to the weight in at 146. So there goes that. Also, can you provide proof that Floyd was 160 on fight night? Not that I don't believe you but with a name like Pac-Boy i'm a little skeptical.
          Lmao..pac boy said Floyd came in over 147 for the JMM fight..bawahh...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Mayweather won 9 rounds against Miguel....

The Trout fight was much closer, Miguel was very much alive in that fight through 8 rounds.
            Wrong. Trout did a better job than Floyd did in beating Cotto. The fight with Floyd was closer.

Comment

Originally posted by mudpunch View Post
              Wrong. Trout did a better job than Floyd did in beating Cotto. The fight with Floyd was closer.
              Naw. Cotto won 2-3 rounds against Floyd. He won about the same against Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by mudpunch View Post
                No it wasn't.

Miguel landed a couple of good jabs against Mayweather, that was the extent of it. A bloody nose and people were wetting themselves thinking it was huge. Miguel was landing good shots on Trout, he hurt him a few times and he was in the fight until the last 4 rounds.

I gave Miguel 5 rounds against Trout, 3 against Mayweather.

Comment

Well this is a dumb thread lol...Ok so JMM knocking out Pacquiao hurts Mayweather's legacy? Lol whatever makes you guys sleeps better at night.

Comment

I guess this is the coping mechanism for you guys...what happened to being gracious losers, like Pac?!!
                    If you want to be honest...this could only enhance his legacy, if anything...how could it diminish it?..I mean, if that was Marquez laying a$$ up, face down on the floor last night...would that have diminished Floyds win over him?...but somehow because Pac was ktfo by Marquez its diminished..lol..cmon!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      No it wasn't.

Miguel landed a couple of good jabs against Mayweather, that was the extent of it. A bloody nose and people were wetting themselves thinking it was huge. Miguel was landing good shots on Trout, he hurt him a few times and he was in the fight until the last 4 rounds.

I gave Miguel 5 rounds against Trout, 3 against Mayweather.
                      Common son let them have that, dont take it away from them.. That jab landing is the best thing they have since Mosley landed that big right hand twice, they sig that sheet like Mayweather was KO'ed..... so please dont take it away from them lol

Comment

Working...
                      X