Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach: This is Not The End of Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach needs to retire!!!! He's teaching his fighters the same way he fought with no regard for defense.. Not to make light of his condition, but when your primary defense is your head this is what can happen!!! I've been in his gym countless times and never seen him work on defense with his fighters... Vanes, khan, pacman etc, none of em have a clue how to defend... Roach got exposed for what he is.... A great offensive mind but no clue on d, just like dantoni

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      His plan backfired.

Marquez sang happy birthday to Bob at the press conference. He probably went up to Bob and told him "It's just business"

Sweet justice.
      Link Please1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
        Yeah I think he should too... but with a different trainer.

Roach is done.

Leaping in with his hands down on top of throwing a shyte jab. Roach failed to correct the basic fundamentals, and got owned... I think he needs to seriously consider what and how he's teaching his fighters.
        Wrong, wrong, wrong... this was ALL on Manny. Roach said a million times, that he is no longer the boss in training camp.

What happened to Manny was over confidence and his lack of respect for JMM. He has never been down at the hands of JMM and I can guarantee you he doesn't leap in against a bigger puncher that way.

Roach has been and is a great coach. We cannot say he's great when his fighters are winning, and now say he's trash. Absurd, this one was on Manny. He couldn't be told anything at this stage of his career.

Comment

I was saying the something Marquez punch was similar to Danny Garcia punch that ko khan and morales

Comment

in other words 41 year old Marquez is still too dangerous lets try 42

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Wrong, wrong, wrong... this was ALL on Manny. Roach said a million times, that he is no longer the boss in training camp.

What happened to Manny was over confidence and his lack of respect for JMM. He has never been down at the hands of JMM and I can guarantee you he doesn't leap in against a bigger puncher that way.

Roach has been and is a great coach. We cannot say he's great when his fighters are winning, and now say he's trash. Absurd, this one was on Manny. He couldn't be told anything at this stage of his career.
              Yup. Pacquiao didn't follow Ariza's training regiment and Roach flat out told 24/7 that Manny doesn't do what he tells him to do in the ring, he does what he wants. You can't knock Roach when he fighter doesn't listen to him.

Hopefully Pac will realize going to Church doesn't win the fights. He needs to respect the guys that brought him to this level and follow their lead.

Comment

I was reminded about Roach saying something about not wanting to lose to Nacho. You know after this Nacho is going to his little casita (a la 24/7), and will turn on his radio, play some Mozart, kick his feet up, and read the paper like he normally does.

This was the cherry on top for a world class trainer like Nacho.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  I was saying the something Marquez punch was similar to Danny Garcia punch that ko khan and morales
                  It was nothing like those.

Comment

props to JMM

Mexican fighters that was executed by Pacman finally got their revenge. Props to Marquez for that never seen big punch that has executed the Mexicutioner and the only 8 division world champion. I think Manny will not retire, it just so happen that Marquez in the only boxer who could anticipate and read Pacs speed and power. Marquez is really losing that fight but one punch could turn every tide. I hope Marquez could beat guys like Margarito, Clottey, Dela Hoya, HAtton, Mosley or Cotto. Styles makes fights.

I'm so sure Floyd is so happy right now thinking the miles for his fight with not to happen.

Comment

Roach and Manny should have seen this coming.Bob is no joke,always one step ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X