Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations to Marquez for a great win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't agree more. I joined this site to be able to chat/talk to other knowledgeable boxing fans. A lot of the posts in this place are pure junk. I'm a huge Manny fan, but i can also acknowledge another great fighter (JMM) when i see one and give him the proper respect he deserves without being a classless jerk. Any person that literally enjoys seeing somebody laid out like that, if you are a fan of them or not. I wonder about people like that. This is a brutal sport and ko's happen, but i don't like to see anybody laid out like Pac was tonight. Part of it, though. Manny to me has an always will be a warrior, just like JMM is. They are the definition of warrior. Manny to be honest didn't have to put himself in the position he did when he got knocked out, but the man whether it was smart or not has huge NUTS.

Comment

• Marquez hits Pacman with a 3 punch combo in their 2nd fight and Pac stays on his feet.

Now Marquez is dropping Pacman with 1 punch... Hmmmmmmmm Lets not forget this fight wasnt PED proof.. Two words Angel Heredia.

Comment

• Before the KO, the 6th round was the best that Manny had EVER looked against JMM. He was basically dominating the 6th, heard the clapper, and decided "fuck it, I'm going to KO this guy RIGHT NOW" then BOOM!

BTW, that hand of God punch that Marquez threw in the 3rd that knocked Manny down was AWESOME.

I give Manny a lot of shit on these boards but as a guy who used to be a fan of Pacquiao, it was bittersweet seeing him lie there on the canvas. I heard that had to bring it the smelling salts just to wake him up.

Comment

• I'll be honest, i was worried for my boy Marquez out there tonight...I was hype as FUCK when he knocked down Marquez, but when he got knockjed down in the 5th, i was losing hope, and then the 6th came...Pacquiao was going all out, and then all of the sudden BOOM!

I've given Pacquiao alot of hell on these boards, but i really was worried after i saw him go down like that, and i do feel for him, BUT im VERY happy for Marquez seeing him get what he always wanted. So much props for these 2 warriors!

MARQUEZ!!!! SI SE PUDO!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter White View Post
            Before the KO, the 6th round was the best that Manny had EVER looked against JMM. He was basically dominating the 6th, heard the clapper, and decided "fuck it, I'm going to KO this guy RIGHT NOW" then BOOM!

BTW, that hand of God punch that Marquez threw in the 3rd that knocked Manny down was AWESOME.

I give Manny a lot of shit on these boards but as a guy who used to be a fan of Pacquiao, it was bittersweet seeing him lie there on the canvas. I heard that had to bring it the smelling salts just to wake him up.
            yeah he was out cold...it was literally a "head-on collision"

Comment

• Yeah, like some people are saying I thought I was seeing the best Manny since the Margarito fight. I thought Marquez looked slow and was not active enough. I thought Pacquiao might have been winning 3-2 after 5 and was coming on strong after the 5th. Pacquiao came out thinking about the knockout. Marquez pulled off a great win. I want to see him go out in style, like this. Does this make him P4P # 1? I hope so. He deserves it. I am proud of both of these great fighters for never backing down from any challenges and always giving the fans so many great fights. I am not gonna post any gifs or pics of Pacquiao getting knocked out, that's messed up and disrespectful. You don't kick a man when he's down. I must say, though, I am upset with Mayweather and he doesn't really deserve any praise since he has chosen his fights wisely and always tries to get his opponents when they are on the decline. I am mad that we never got to see Pacquiao-Mayweather when Pacquiao was in his prime back in 2009-2010. I am a fan of Mayweather but I have lost a lot of respect for him over how all of this played out. However, let's see Mayweather's moves for 2013. Maybe he can redeem himself. Thank you, Manny, for always fighting anyone they put in front of you.

Comment

• So happy for Marquez but quite sad for Pacquiao, really bad ending for him and never really want to see anyone get hurt like that especially with his wife and kids watching. I'm curious how much stronger Marquez is though, I've seen him hit Pacquiao with some hellacious shots over the years but Pacquiao almost always shook it off. Great punch and this victory once again shows you anything can happen in boxing, still lamenting about what could've happened if Floyd actually agreed to fight Pacquiao in 2009. Now the fight is more dead than ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by solo20 View Post

The Mexicutioner Has Been Executed
                  I`ll bite....Shouldn`t it be the "Mexicutioner" got "Mexicuted" you irritating prick?

Comment

• Originally posted by LHRH89 View Post
                    Yeah I'm excited for Marquez, but I agree with this post. Just wish more people could use more sense, and not just bash with the usual ignorant comments.
                    :qqq::qqq::qqq:

Comment

• Good fight from Pacquiao but one word...Nyquill'd.

Comment

Working...
                      X