Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward MUST go to Europe. 168 in Europe=Bigger Crowds HIGHER revenues.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward's already fighting on the big stage so why the hell would he want to go down to the minors?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      The Best FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD Come To America To Fight...They don't go to fukin Nottingham and Denmark, which respect to Froch and Kessler, but if they would have beaten Ward during the Tournament then they would be in Position to tell Ward where he "SHOULD FIGHT" but that is that what happened

Ward DOMINATED BOTH in fights that wasn't even close...so after I kick your A$$ you want a rematch but you want me to come to you? Sorry boxing don't work like that! If they want Revenge against Ward then they have no choice but to come back to the US and try to get it

UNLESS your willing to pay a ton of money to get him to go to Denmark and Nottingham because it is going to take A LOT OF MONEY!
      Are you new to boxing? Because yeah boxing actually works like that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        When his name is Mikkel Kessler and he had to go to Oakland?
        The super six was an entire different animal. This is a different situation, going into the Super Six the fighters knew they would have to travel even if they were the champ.

As for TV money, I am aware this fight won't be on PPV, but HBO money is still bigger then what it would get in Europe. Plus you have the entire exposure factor as well.

And I highly doubt Froch draws 30,000, if he could he would have already fought there before.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Ward's already fighting on the big stage so why the hell would he want to go down to the minors?

Poet
          Well unfortunately that's what he's doing by fighting Pavlik.

BTW I was in Tacoma last summer haha, pretty cool place.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Are you new to boxing? Because yeah boxing actually works like that.
            Sometimes it works that way, but usually it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet

He's not fightin on ****. Lennox and Calzaghe came to America and put a god damn whoopking on your legends.

Holyfield was terrified of fighting in London and rejected Lennox's 35-65 split to fight in England.

After he got dominated 11-1 and still got a draw. we now know why.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                Sometimes it works that way, but usually it doesn't.
                There's no usually when it comes to venues. Generally the fight goes to the place which is going to generate more money, and I'm pretty sure that there's more money in Europe with Froch and Kessler right now.

Comment

1- When it comes to 168+, America IS NOT the place of biggest revenues.

2- In the Champions League Barcelona plays one game at Nou and one game at X.

That X could be Old Trafford or it could be some stinky freezing hell hole in Sweden.

Either way Barcelona GOES TO X.

This theory don't apply to WW'S because it's a totally different division and culture. But for 168+ to HW where a lot of the top fighters are European, it works differently.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                    The super six was an entire different animal. This is a different situation, going into the Super Six the fighters knew they would have to travel even if they were the champ.

As for TV money, I am aware this fight won't be on PPV, but HBO money is still bigger then what it would get in Europe. Plus you have the entire exposure factor as well.

And I highly doubt Froch draws 30,000, if he could he would have already fought there before.
                    everyone except Ward you mean...

Boxing is a global sport now. Time america started treating it as such!

Hell even when it was only big in America fighters such as Ali and Robinson came to Europe to fight. Because thats how you make global superstars and boost the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      everyone except Ward you mean...

Boxing is a global sport now. Time america started treating it as such!

Hell even when it was only big in America fighters such as Ali and Robinson came to Europe to fight. Because thats how you make global superstars and boost the sport.
                      Exactly. When Tiger Muhammad turn pro, he will fight everywhere around the world, not just at his home of S AFRICA.

Comment

Working...
                      X