No announcement yet.

Ward now has to defend against Kessler.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I've NEVER seen Wladimir use deliberate headbutts. He doen't need to, he has enough power in his fists.

And I don't see him hitting off the break.

Emanuel taught him to hold (like Hopkins, Lennox, Berto, etc) but he doesn't HIT while holding like Ward does.
    EXCESSIVE HOLDING & LEANING DOWN ON THE BACK OF YOUR OPPONENTS NECK/HEAD is I.L.L.E.G.A.L..

Every bit as illegal as headbutts.

Infact, a boxer getting DQ'd for headbutts is about as rare as a boxer getting DQ'd for excessive holding if not even more rare. I think you'll find it far more likely that boxers are docked points for excessive holding than headbutts.

Not Wlad though, he's the only boxer in the sport with the permit to win via ILLEGAL tactics. And not have to be held to account, and forced to rematch his illegitimate (but dominant) wins on his opponents home turf.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATG Fighter View Post
      Well put yourself in Sauerland's shoes. Kessler-Froch makes as much money and is the easier fight.
      It's not easier! Froch vs Kessler will be rougher than the first fight. It's just styles

Comment

• Originally posted by askoe View Post
        Legacy and credibility you say? And fighting a shot alcoholic in his backyard gives him these things??
        Kelly Pavlik, after a pint of whiskey, would easily destroy any of the last 3 handpicked fighters that Kessler has faced in the past year.

Why should Ward go to Denmark to face a man he dominated based off of that man doing nothing but routing a couple bums who couldn't even compete with a shot alcoholic like Pavlik?

Comment

• What makes you think the result will be any different in Denmark? Awful fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by askoe View Post
            Legacy and credibility you say? And fighting a shot alcoholic in his backyard gives him these things??
            Beats rematching some stiff, limited euro-bot, who has no heart whatsoever AND NO FUCKING HEAD MOVEMENT or the ability to adjust... who he already used as a mere playtoy.

Unless Kessler peeps can provide some type of added financial incentive for Ward to take that utterly useless fight again.

"80-20 WARD KIK YO AZZ"

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
              Beats rematching some stiff, limited euro-bot, who has no heart whatsoever AND NO FUCKING HEAD MOVEMENT or the ability to adjust... who he already used as a mere playtoy.

Unless Kessler peeps can provide some type of added financial incentive for Ward to take that utterly useless fight again.

"80-20 WARD KIK YO AZZ"

I would actually love to see Ward go to Denmark because it would be absolutely hilarious to see Kessler getting beaten like a redheaded stepchild in front of 25,000 deathly silent fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                EXCESSIVE HOLDING & LEANING DOWN ON THE BACK OF YOUR OPPONENTS NECK/HEAD is I.L.L.E.G.A.L..

Every bit as illegal as headbutts.

Infact, a boxer getting DQ'd for headbutts is about as rare as a boxer getting DQ'd for excessive holding if not even more rare. I think you'll find it far more likely that boxers are docked points for excessive holding than headbutts.

Not Wlad though, he's the only boxer in the sport with the permit to win via ILLEGAL tactics. And not have to be held to account, and forced to rematch his illegitimate (but dominant) wins on his opponents home turf.
                Give up the hate already. Just face it that white man is the HW Champ! Ali used to hold for entire rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  i saw it 2-0-2.

not all the headbutts were wards fault, some of them were dont get me wrong. but bcuz he legitimately headbutted kessler once or twice ppl later assumed the other headbutts were his fault too even though that wasnt the case, some truly were accidental and as much kesslers fault as wards.
                  The Ward fight is the only Kessler fight I can recall where there was any headbutts. On the other nearly all of Wards fights has headbutts. Or to be fair: Had headbutts as he just might have cleaned up his act somehow.

Those headbutts by Ward had an early impact. Listen to Kessler between rounds. He is telling his trainer that he cannot see due to a Ward flying headsmack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    Kelly Pavlik, after a pint of whiskey, would easily destroy any of the last 3 handpicked fighters that Kessler has faced in the past year.

Why should Ward go to Denmark to face a man he dominated based off of that man doing nothing but routing a couple bums who couldn't even compete with a shot alcoholic like Pavlik?
                    Magee > this version of Pavlik. And I am talking of the Magee before the Kessler fight. After the Kessler fight, Magee and Pavlik are about equal. Both are rehabbing their liver.

Comment

• I will put that fight in the unnecessary rematch file, Kessler is a good fighter but what has he proven that is different about him to such a degree that the fight will change.

If you want to see Kessler get beat up again, fine I can live with watching that considering what is out there for Ward but let's not make this out as something that needs to take place.

Comment

Working...
                      X