No announcement yet.

Ward now has to defend against Kessler.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    You're talking about Kessler v Ward in Oakland?
    If I were Kessler I would not fight Ward in Oakland and if I were Ward I would not fight Kessler in Denmark. Having the fight in Las Vegas with the referee and judges being neutral is the most fair. If possible judges and a referee that are not from the USA or Denmark would be good but I doubt they would use a referee from another country. As the champion Ward should not have to go overseas but fighting in Oakland would be BS.

Comment

Kalle Sauerland travels to the states next week to continue negotiations with the Goosens. After that he'll travel to britain to see Barry Hearn.

At the pressconference post fight, Kessler said that Ward doesn't have the guts to leave America and stated that he had no problem going to the US and even Oakland for a return. Sauerland then broke in saying that he'd never send Kessler to Oakland again but that Las Vegas or New York could happen.

Comment

Put a ref in there that wont allow holding/hitting and headbutts and I honsetly think we'll have a very good fight here. Kessler is still the man.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          You do realize that Kessler initiated a lot of those clinches, right?
          The referee agrees with you there Warp. He went to Kessler's corner telling him he was about to get DQ'ed.

Do you seriously believe that Kessler would win because he suddenly gets to be in Denmark?
          Yes.
          Ward did much more against Kessler than just headbutt him on the inside. His jab presented way too many problems for him and Ward presented too many angles for him just like Calzaghe did.
          At least you acknowledge the headbutts. Thank you.
          Kessler is a very one dimensional fighter. It's a good one dimensional, but once you figure him out, he's done for. Ward, on the other hand, keeps adapting throughout the fight. It's the main difference between them and why Kessler will never be able to win unless Denmark just robs Ward.
          He could also punch Ward on his rather fragile jaw.
          P.S. Froch did the same tactics to Kessler in Denmark and got away with it.
          What do you mean?

Only Ward could win both fights against Kessler and Froch convincingly and for some reason have to travel abroad for rematches.
          Everybody but Ward travelled in the s6. I'd like to see Ward challenged, and that's not going to happen in jOakland against the Kelly Pavlik's of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by ATG Fighter View Post
            Well put yourself in Sauerland's shoes. Kessler-Froch makes as much money and is the easier fight.
            Don't tell me Froch is an easy fight???

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              the is just an article.

son of god= jesus
              the son of god =jesus.

LOL.

SOG is crappy because you aren't supposed to capitalize O.

The USOA instead of USA.

That irks me.

He's still whoop Kessler again though even though he has a bad nickname and doesn't know what to capitalize.
              You know what he means....

"We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:5-6; Ephesians 1:5). This can be clearly seen in verses like Romans 8:14-17: “…because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God"

Now does he say he is THE Son of God or does he refer to himself as a Son of God (God's children)?
              Last edited by WESS; 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                If I were Kessler I would not fight Ward in Oakland and if I were Ward I would not fight Kessler in Denmark. Having the fight in Las Vegas with the referee and judges being neutral is the most fair. If possible judges and a referee that are not from the USA or Denmark would be good but I doubt they would use a referee from another country. As the champion Ward should not have to go overseas but fighting in Oakland would be BS.
                Nah, let's have it in Germany. Then it is neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post

At the postfight presser, Kessler jabbed at Ward's reluctance to fight in a foreign country. He even said he wouldn't mind having the rematch in jOakland at which point Sauerland broke in saying that a return in Oakland would never happen. If it is to be in the States it would be Vegas or New York.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post

At the postfight presser, Kessler jabbed at Ward's reluctance to fight in a foreign country. He even said he wouldn't mind having the rematch in jOakland at which point Sauerland broke in saying that a return in Oakland would never happen. If it is to be in the States it would be Vegas or New York.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      No, but there's going to be a lot more money in Denmark than in the US.
                      not really

the big money generally comes from american TV. kessler and his boys are wealthy and will probably be competitive, but it's hard to get an american fighter who has an in with HBO to fight in europe.

the problem with this one is that the first fight was not competitive, and HBO probably won't pick it up. they're the ones behind ward now. if he wants to make big money it's on their airwaves.
                      Last edited by New England; 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X