Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a negative opinion of Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Nah, but at the same time.. i'm not a garbage ass biased fan
    You're not? Based on what BoxingGenius27 just posted it would seem that you are the type of person who would defend Margarito just because he's Mexican.

Comment

Margarito is a cheater and a scumbag but i still have some respect for him because of the pacquiao fight and the other fights and his warrior attitude. He is willing to die in the ring and that deserves respect.

Comment

Before anybody responds they should put themselves in cottos shoes or his family members shoes and respond to this question that way. What margorito did was a disgrace to the entire world of athletics. He put a mans life in serious danger and stripped him of his best promising years. Cotto has not been the same and a beast he was. What we see today is a shadow of cotto, mostly due to margarito. I can't believe anyone would even think about looking past this crime.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          If he deliberately cheated then a scumbag is exactly what he is. I won't sugarcoat it.
          I actually prefer the term "piece of shit" to describe someone like that.

Comment

Im also from the UK, born there at least, and in retrospect I was suspicious about the Cotto win. Apparently the discovered wraps prior to the Mosley fight appeared to have been used before. I dont buy his story about not knowing.

To doctor your gloves is THE worst thing you can do. Beneath contempt. L Armstrong cheated, but noone would have died from what he did.

For him to have only been suspended for a year was also disgraceful.

Not Mexican,(in fact would luv JMM to win convincingly tonite), not PRan...

Comment

He is apparently also willing to kill others, using foul tactics.

Cotto hasnt been the same since.

Comment

I was referring to JuanRakan's post about Cotto not being the same since

Comment

I have no negeative opinion towards Margarito. I praise him instead of hate on him, the man was one of the toughest SOB of all time...plus that whole "plaster" and "bricks " in his gloves is overblown as fck... Gabriel Montoya, one of the only boxing journalists who bothered his ass to cover the Margarito hearing, said that the 'plaster' story was complete bull****. There was no 'plaster'. What Margarito had was old, folded over gauze with similar stiffness to a "business card".

Comment

I like Margarito. He was a rugged, fearless fighter that usually showed up in terrific shape.His fights were alway exciting. He came to fight hard and he would never quit.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                      What Margarito had was old, folded over gauze with similar stiffness to a "business card".
                      A friend of mine lost an eye in a barfight with a Stockbroker. The other guy smashed his business card on the edge of the bar & then pushed it into my friends face.

No laughing matter.

It was embossed with a subtle off-white colouring & a tasteful thickness. A proper hard man's business card.

Comment

Working...
                      X