Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Felix Trinidad was in the 80's. The Fab Four will be the Fab Five.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
    You talking about the guy that beat a prime SRL. That version of Duran clowns Tito.
    SRL wasn't prime.

Comment

Duran makes him his son.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He might beat Duran. He might land a perfect punch against Hearns. I would not pick him against any of them, and I shudder to think of the beating Hagler would lay on Trinidad.
        This basically how I think of it.

The one difference being that if it were the Duran that beat Leonard, Tito just doesn't have the necessary boxing skill, speed or defense to beat that Duran. I can't see that version getting tagged cleanly enough either to hurt him, while I can see Tito getting countered and put down once or twice. At 154, he'd beat Duran in a great fight.

I'd give him a chance purely based on the size difference, but Tito wasn't really the type of guy that would use his size to his advantage enough to beat the best Duran at 147. Duran would use all his advantages, along with all the mistakes Tito had a tendency to make.

He doesn't beat Leonard or Hagler, and Hearns at 147 or 154, I'd have to go with Hearns. I think he'd hurt Tito enough early to be able to get through the latter rounds without taking enough punishment to wilt going down the stretch.

Good fights all though. Tito was a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Tito will beat Duran.

Roberto Duran had many flaws.
          At 147, at his best, you'd struggle to find a fighter with less. It certainly would not be Tito. The only advantage Tito had would be his natural size. However, he was about the same height as Leonard, without the speed, boxing skill and legs. He would be coming forward into Duran which would really allow Duran the best possibility to negate any size difference.

Unless you're the size of Hearns, with the same speed, skill, power and absurd height and reach advantage, Tito's size wouldn't play too much of a factor. We already saw what Duran could do to two HOF welterweights of Tito's caliber and better, Palomino and Leonard respectively. A little better than Palomino, but not as good as Leonard. Duran shut out Palomino, the only guy to do anything resembling that was Duran, and beat Leonard clearly.

What does Tito show him that he didn't beat with those two guys? He had the defense to hardly get hit much by Leonard or Palomino, was able to hurt both where very few were ever able to do, was able to fight backward and forward, lead and counter both (name one other fighter with the ability to sucker Leonard into counters or feint him into leads...). Tito had some serious flaws that the best version of Duran would really take advantage of. Hard fight nonetheless. Tito was great.

Comment

tito loses them all. a real good fighter but i have to sak who did trinidad beat to be considered great ? alsao i thought tito was from PR by way of cuba ?

Comment

your out of your mind

Comment

lol you got that right you ever heard of the war?

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                  Tito cant beat high level boxers.. hes the most one dimensional, overrated fighter of all time.
                  That's silly and you know it. Tito was outboxed by an ATG top 10 WW in DLH and then hurt by Hopkins while Tito was way outside his natural weight class. However, well past prime he put on a very good show against RJJ (also aging but MUCH bigger). Heck Tito won his fair share of rounds and a man who had been at LHW for years.

Tito could hit like a bull at 147-160. I think Hagler and Leonard would be too good for him and they both had awesome chins. Hearns had a chin that could be smashed and I think Tito has a very good chance of beating him. Duran at ww or above would lose to Tito too.

Comment

Who have seen Tito hurt during his ww era??

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
                      Who have seen Tito hurt during his ww era??
                      He was knocked down about ten times at 147. Literally.

The difference between the guys that knocked him down and the ATGs that he'd face at 147 to 160? They hit harder, were harder to hit back, were brilliant finishers and would let up.

Comment

Working...
                      X