No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bring Back Mean Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
    What is a Floydiot??? I truly don't know what that means. I have an idea...but lets not go there. From a fighters standpoint, when you fight someone with the popularity and drawing power of Manny ack and watch the whole fight and listen to Bradley's corner and how confident they were that he were winning the fight. More importantly, watch Manny's reaction to the score cards. Didn't look that surprised to me and didn't get emotional at all. Wonder why???

I don't know about a Floydiot, but it takes an IDIOT to think I was comparing the careers of a legend like Marquez to a young lion like Bradley. I was saying that their defense and movement affected Manny's performance. And, I don't like aerobics, but I see you must have more knowledge of that than this great sport of boxing. Study the sport for another 5 or 6 years, clown...then get back with me. LOL!
    Not true. Bradleys corner told him in the 11th he was losing.

Comment

I want to see the Pacquiao that fought Bradley in this fight (JMM4). A Pacman in a counterpunching stance, not the come forward, impatient Pac like in the JMM3.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        I want to see the Pacquiao that fought Bradley in this fight (JMM4). A Pacman in a counterpunching stance, not the come forward, impatient Pac like in the JMM3.
        you want to see pac not be able to catch or hurt marquez, and not be able to cut the ring off on him and fight for 45 seconds a round? thats cool, I guess....

what I, and most others, want to see, is a manny pacquiao that can actually beat JMM, if he has the tools...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          you want to see pac not be able to catch or hurt marquez, and not be able to cut the ring off on him and fight for 45 seconds a round? thats cool, I guess....

what I, and most others, want to see, is a manny pacquiao that can actually beat JMM, if he has the tools...
          What I want to see is the Marquez who fought Mayweather. The come-forward Marquez.

Comment

What I want to see is the Marquez who fought Mayweather. The come-forward Marquez.
            do you have to pay for fights in never never land, or are they on free hbo there?

Comment

Pacquaio just can't look good against a good, technical boxer like JMM, the style just doesn't fit for Pac....look at how he looked amazing against margarito and ricky hatton and miguel cotto, all 3 of them offer little defense and the first 2 are come forward, one dementional fighters who don't fight going backwards....once u add a fighter who can do multiple things and can fight off the back foot, Pac just can't hang

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                do you have to pay for fights in never never land, or are they on free hbo there?
                Boy, this guy is very sensitive. He gets butt hurt easily.

Comment

Boy, this guy is very sensitive. He gets butt hurt easily.
                  lol do you have problems putting thoughts together in your head, or maybe you have trouble remembering what you said a few minutes ago. thats ok, its expected. dont try and project your own butthurt, from gettin owned, on to me, you should be used to it by now I would think, no?

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                    I respect this post to the fullest, but just disagree. Its not about Manny being mean or relentless, its about how his opponent chooses to fight him. Manny is an absolute beast when his opponents stand directly in front of him. That's when you see how gifted he is with his hand and foot speed. But when fighters like Marquez and Bradley get in the ring with him, they are not there to hit, plus they know how to counter him. This takes the aggression out of Manny because he now has to worry about what's coming back at him. It also forces him to have to think and go to a plan B. Manny has no plan B. No matter what his fans think, he is a 1 dimensional fighter. He's a great 1 dimensional fighter...but still 1 dimensional. When his fans think that he let off the gas in the later rounds against Bradley, I think they are either dillusional or just don't have a good understanding of boxing. They don't follow the sport enough to know that missing a lot of punches, as he did against Bradley, wears a fighter down. They fail to realize that the body shots that Bradley was landing were truly effective and that's why he lost the last few rounds. That is why he couldn't step on the gas and go for the KO.

Marquez is the ultimate boxer. He doesn't have great footspeed but he knows how to step to Manny's right and keep him turning. Manny is less effective when that happens and that was proven with Bradley and Mosley as well. The truth of the matter is, Manny will destroy guys that are flatfooted, slow, and lacks good defensive skills. He will punish the come forward aggressive style fighters. He's done it his whole career. But he has struggled against guys that are skilled and use movement. Do you ever notice before some fights he challenges guys to not "RUN" and stand and fight him? He always poster and tells his opponents to come at him during the fight. That's when he is most effective. Manny has the heart of a champion and can take a good shot. He's an extremely exciting fighter when his opponent allows him to be. But when he is forced to "BOX" he becomes an ordinary guy. So yes, bring back "mean Manny". He will still look ordinary against fighters with the skill and will of Marquez and Bradley. And believe me, at the end of the day, that is why him and Roach are in no hurry to have the rematch with Bradley. High risk low reward. If he gets by Marquez again, there is no doubt Rios will be next. That's because Rios has the style that is catered for him and make him seem invincible again.
                    great post! Jmm is what i call a power boxer/puncher,he is a master of distance especially against manny ,he just has this guy down,jmm doest run like defensive fightrs do he simply attacks when his opponent is out of position and capitalizeson every mistake.it would be a big mistake for jmm to just brawl,he has to brawl smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
                      Bring back mean Manny???
                      Yeah, they need to bring back mean manny... The womanizing-money ********- booze drinking Manny, because this manny is boring as hell. And what's worst is that it's all a front, he changed cold turkey when he ran for office... Lol politicians... Can't trust em

Comment

Working...
                      X