Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am making 2 bets on fight night

-280 fight goes over 10 1/2 rounds

Pac by decision at EV

The over has been a good bet for Pacquiao and Marquez in there most recent fights

Both these guys respect each other and will not get knocked out unless they are knocked out clean and I don't see that happening. Marquez has alot of respect for Pacs power which is why hes not going to engage but fight a more cautious fight. When a fighter is in survival mode, he is very tough to KO

The judges are well aware of the Pac-Bradley fallout and don't want to get criticized again so they are probably gonna score on volume, power punches, and damage to the fighters face. All of these favor Pac.

Marquez is a +325 to win by Decision at my book

Good luck with your bet

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I believe he is running a parlay, Marquez by decision so he would get better odds for that.

For the matter at hand it is a pretty good bet if JMM is to win it probably will be a decision, if you can afford to lose $500 it is a reasonable risk worth taking. I personally am not laying money at the book because just to much can go wrong and I don't feel like playing a 50/50 hunch (although 50/50 is pretty good for 4 to 1), but I will make some bets at the party I attend. Good luck
      See, im getting +350 for the parlay. Over under is like 11.

And yes, what you said in the pm.

Comment

pacqiuao's workrate always gives him that extra edge when it comes down to UD. with all the drama surrounding this fight though im pretty sure they wont give it to him again. im thinkin they call it a draw. both fighters get paid, and toprank gets your money once again.

Comment

What less -280 or + 350 mean?

We use the metric system

For example PAC is paying $1.33 to win

Meaning for every dollar you bet you win back 1.33 including your $1

Comment

I really want to bet on this fight too but it is very risky. All the fights are toss ups to begin with.

What is at stake for Arum here? He doesn't want a Mayweather fight, neither does Floyd so that lessens the incentive for a ripoff on that front. Arum wants to pit JMM against Bradley (like I've said, he wants to build Tim into his next star) and Pac against Rios.

To what degree does a loss prevent either of those fights from happening or how much interest will be lost for either of those fights if Pac or JMM lose this weekend? Both fights can still go on, it looks much better for Bradley to fight and beat JMM coming off of a win plus, the style match up alone will still have people watching a Pac-Rios fight even if Pac loses.

If it looks like JMM pulls ahead and deserves the win, I think he may get the nod this time after all the flack about the last fight and JMM getting ripped off. On the other hand, the judges don't want any part of being accused of ripping Pac off again either.
            With that being said, if the fight is really close, I can definitely see a draw happening. I actually think this will be the most likely outcome so that both guys can go on to other big money fights or even fight each other again for a 5th time.

I'm going to look into the scenarios after the weigh in tonight when I get off of work. I think I'm going to put some money on the over/under (taking the over) and then maybe a draw or a JMM win.

I will put money on Gamboa and Fortuna if I can get a line on those fights.

There is just a lot that could influence the Pac -JMM outcome to make it anything close to a sure bet.

Comment

I think you're making a wise decision, go for it TS!

Comment

Originally posted by Eubankjr View Post
                What less -280 or + 350 mean?

We use the metric system

For example PAC is paying $1.33 to win

Meaning for every dollar you bet you win back 1.33 including your $1
                Every 2.50 of yours wins a dollar.
                +330
                Every dollar you win 3.30

hooks, you got a raw deal at -280... Mine is at -250 and dropping

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I really want to bet on this fight too but it is very risky. All the fights are toss ups to begin with.

What is at stake for Arum here? He doesn't want a Mayweather fight, neither does Floyd so that lessens the incentive for a ripoff on that front. Arum wants to pit JMM against Bradley (like I've said, he wants to build Tim into his next star) and Pac against Rios.

To what degree does a loss prevent either of those fights from happening or how much interest will be lost for either of those fights if Pac or JMM lose this weekend? Both fights can still go on, it looks much better for Bradley to fight and beat JMM coming off of a win plus, the style match up alone will still have people watching a Pac-Rios fight even if Pac loses.

If it looks like JMM pulls ahead and deserves the win, I think he may get the nod this time after all the flack about the last fight and JMM getting ripped off. On the other hand, the judges don't want any part of being accused of ripping Pac off again either.
                  With that being said, if the fight is really close, I can definitely see a draw happening. I actually think this will be the most likely outcome so that both guys can go on to other big money fights or even fight each other again for a 5th time.

I'm going to look into the scenarios after the weigh in tonight when I get off of work. I think I'm going to put some money on the over/under (taking the over) and then maybe a draw or a JMM win.

I will put money on Gamboa and Fortuna if I can get a line on those fights.

There is just a lot that could influence the Pac -JMM outcome to make it anything close to a sure bet.
                  Fortuna and Gambia limes are too damn high.... Over under looks great though. I think hamboa goes over 5.5 rounds.

Comment

im gonna go with marquez on points, but only because thats the best value at 11/4. can get 9/1 for marquez to knock pac out but i cant see that happening. but my head says pacquiao will win on points again.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      Fortuna and Gambia limes are too damn high.... Over under looks great though. I think hamboa goes over 5.5 rounds.
                      I didn't even see any the other night when I checked. I think I saw Kessler as like an 18-1 fav or something and Barker was up there too.

I think the over/under bets might be the way to go in some of these fights. I think as of last night, Pac was a -250 and JMM was a +220 or something like that.

I'm just thinking of throwing down 20-50$ on the fights, not enough to keep me from really enjoying the fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X