No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Calls Mayweather Announcement a Ploy For Dates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosenlicht View Post
    Did you read the article? Arum is saying that GBP is using Floyd's name to secure dates that are likely to conflict with his own. He clearly says if Floyd fights on a certain date, he will not schedule anything for that date.
    Yes I did, I would advise you to read it again. It is not a certain no that they would not go head to head. Don't know if you understood what you just read.

If Arum would not be so concern he would not be commenting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
      Exactly, Marquez-Bradley is coming May 4, 2013. Even if Pacquiao wins, Marquez-Bradley is coming, I think. Pacquiao-Rios is the plan, and Marquez-Bradley is the other plan. The winners of each meet up and the losers of each meet up, both sometime in November 2013. Another year's work for all four fighters. What's up for 2014?
      ur right dude coz even if pac loses this one pac vs rios is still marketable

while marquez vs bradley gonna be bigger because both beat pac
      technically lol

if i just had the money id bet on marquez now
      everything arum utter is whats gonna happen

watch the judges makes this a sure win for marquez

Comment

Originally posted by The904star View Post
        Of course. And top rank was ready for that by saying PAC can't fight in may. Only April.
        Well the excuse is legitimate this time cause Manny's got elections on May 13th.

It's not like the BS last year with the cut and the temporary stadium.

Comment

The only problem i have with Arum is his handling of Nonito - the man went overboard insulting his wife and is being petty with the Mares fight. I think he's doing the kid a disservice. With the Pac situation, theres blame on both sides.

I think Floyd and Arum are basically the same person in different bodies.

Both are vindictive POS....however i cant help but root for this gangster. He's a cuthroat SOB whose been in the game long enough to know exactly how its played.

i gotta funny feeling that Arum will come out on top after all this is said and done.

WAR ARUM.....hahahaha

Comment

Floyd announcing hes coming back on the weekend of Mannys fight is a good business move. And Floyd has proven he can be a shrewd businessman. Its fight week and he knows the national, not just boxing, press from all over the world will be there in one place. Floyd knows how to maximize his press. Taking some of the luster from Mannys fight is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
              The only problem i have with Arum is his handling of Nonito - the man went overboard insulting his wife and is being petty with the Mares fight. I think he's doing the kid a disservice. With the Pac situation, theres blame on both sides.

I think Floyd and Arum are basically the same person in different bodies.

Both are vindictive POS....however i cant help but root for this gangster. He's a cuthroat SOB whose been in the game long enough to know exactly how its played.

i gotta funny feeling that Arum will come out on top after all this is said and done.

WAR ARUM.....hahahaha
              Funny but I like what Arum did on Donaire's wife... she is really a b*tch and she deserve that IMO. lol! Arum still scumbag though! lol.

Comment

lmao, Bob crying just to cry.

Mayweather has consistently fought in May or September the last couple years. Nothing new about the dates.

Didn't Floyd take criticism for only fighting once a year? Well, be happy now, he's fighting twice a year, on dates he's typically fought on.

Making a big deal over nothing.

Comment

The only reason the PPV buys are so big on those dates is because they fall on Mexican holidays. And thats the only reason anyone chooses those dates. Floyd Jr couldn't sell out his high school gym on Juneteenth.

Comment

"Wont go head to head if its Floyd" lol. Crying just to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by throbk1974 View Post
                      The only reason the PPV buys are so big on those dates is because they fall on Mexican holidays. And thats the only reason anyone chooses those dates. Floyd Jr couldn't sell out his high school gym on Juneteenth.
                      Canelo cant get 1.5 million people to watch for free. You expect us to believe 1.5 mil tuned in to see Canelo vs Mosley? Let me guess they wanted to see Jessie Vargas vs Stevie Forbes too? Lean over and choke yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X