Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carlos Baldomir the worst legit champ of a weight class ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Cmon Spray, if Baldomir didn't fight floyd I doubt he'd ever get mentioned and you surely wouldn't have started a thread started about him.
    I made this thread because someone else made another thread about Baldo comparing him to Garcia and just thought he is probably the worst legit champ of a weight class I could think of and certainly since I have been watching boxing back in 97.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
      The Old Foreman that KO'd Moorer and James Braddock, to name a few as far as lineal titlists go.

There are NUMEROUS paper champs that are worse than Baldomir. Malignaggi, Bailey, Backus, Page, Diaz, etc.

So many.

You can make a good argument for old foreman being better. Foreman defended the lineal title 3 times and arguably beat briggs so many consider he didnt loose the title convincingly. He also was not only never stopped but never floored in his comeback. Baldomir didnt defend the title a single time, so you have his win over judah and thats it as far as his lineal title history and the title came from zab beating spinks, where as foreman beat moorer which is arguably better than beating zab at 147 and the title came from moorer beating holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I made this thread because someone else made another thread about Baldo comparing him to Garcia and just thought he is probably the worst legit champ of a weight class I could think of and certainly since I have been watching boxing back in 97.
        I stand corrected and will take you at your word.

Comment

Hatton is just as bad one of the worst champs this generation

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
            Page was definitely better.
            Agreed.

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            You can make a good argument for old foreman being better. Foreman defended the lineal title 3 times and arguably beat briggs so many consider he didnt loose the title convincingly. He also was not only never stopped but never floored in his comeback. Baldomir didnt defend the title a single time, so you have his win over judah and thats it as far as his lineal title history and the title came from zab beating spinks, where as foreman beat moorer which is arguably better than beating zab at 147 and the title came from moorer beating holyfield.
            You could argue that. To be nice to Baldomir though, he defended against Gatti (yes, Gatti, I know that means little) and then fought the best fighter in the world.

Whereas Foreman got a gift against Schultz and fought fringe contenders the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Buster Douglas was pretty bad.
              Douglas was talented and had some skills, he was just lazy and usually lacking in desire. He was a better fighter than lineal HW champs such as Leon Spinks, Hasim Rahman, Shannon Briggs, old George Foreman, and numerous other paper titlists.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                All of the fighters you guys have mentioned are better than Baldo, he was at his best garbage and makes Zab look like even more of a bum than he already is.
                Surely not Neon Leon!

Comment

Keith Mullings was a pretty weak champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                    Douglas was talented and had some skills, he was just lazy and usually lacking in desire. He was a better fighter than lineal HW champs such as Leon Spinks, Hasim Rahman, Shannon Briggs, old George Foreman, and numerous other paper titlists.
                    It was more for laziness and his title reign. Still, on a happier note, the guy looked after and invested his earnings wisely and makes a nice living off of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      John Ruiz, Mike Weaver, David Gutteriez or what ever his name is the lightweight Champ that Pac beat, Demarco aint that good either William Joppy Valuev those are some that come to mind
                      Weaver was a level above those other guys.

He had okay skills and a left hook from hell, beat some decent HWs, and gave a prime Holmes a very good fight.

Much better than the Octopus Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X