Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo VS Floyd Mayweather I, Who really won??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castillo won the fight imho

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr won the fight.

He is an amazing human fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        How did you have it scored through 6?
        4-2 Floyd through 6. My scores from a thread I made a while back:

1 10 - 9 Mayweather
        2 10 - 9 Mayweather
        3 10 - 9 Mayweather
        4 10 - 9 Castillo
        5 10 - 9 Mayweather
        6 10 - 9 Castillo

After 6: 58-56 Mayweather

7 10 - 9 Castillo
        8 10 - 8 Mayweather (Point deduction to Castillo)
        9 10 - 9 Mayweather
        10 10 - 9 Castillo

After 10: 96-93 Mayweather

11 9 - 9 Draw
        12 10 - 9 Mayweather

115-111 Mayweather

Comment

I finally watched the fight for the first time. Ya Floyd lost. like 5-7. Who knew lol. That don't change the fact Floyd is a great fighter and top 10 ATG P4P.
          I will drink Floyd's urine.

Comment

I only watched it in youtube quality but I felt Mayweather won. Very close fight though imo.

Comment

most def JLC

Comment

Watched it live on HBO, think I was in high school, and agreed with the HBO scoring like most people. Castillo robbed.

Watched it for the second time last year and got a dose of reality. Mayweather gave as good as he got when they were working toe-to-toe. I now agree with the judges that it was a Mayweather victory.

This whole thing has snowballed over the years and I don't believe that a lot of people (not saying the TS) have even sat down and watched the fight front to back, and even fewer checked out the rematch.

There have been a lot of close fights settled by a rematch over the years, I don't get why people virtually ignore the rematch and harp on this fight so much.

Mares-Agbeko was ten times more of a robbery, but nearly everyone shut up when Mares won the rematch.
                Last edited by paulf; 12-06-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                  Just rewatched the fight and again I had Castillo winning clearly. Castillo Put in some good work from the 4th round and up. Castillo was even walking down Mayweather in the last two rounds and he was the champion. Mayweather was the challenger and never fought with any urgency to win that title, it seems like he was just trying to survive. Compu Box stats had Castillo landing more punches and power punches. Floyd should not be undefeated IMO.. I will put a poll..Here are the last two rounds..
                  Castillo was robbed like a kid having his new cap stolen. Mayweather won the second fight, but lost the first easily.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Watched it live on HBO, think I was in high school, and agreed with the HBO scoring like most people. Castillo robbed.

Watched it for the second time last year and got a dose of reality. Mayweather gave as good as he got when they were working toe-to-toe. I now agree with the judges that it was a Mayweather victory.

This whole thing has snowballed over the years and I don't believe that a lot of people (not saying the TS) have even sat down and watched the fight front to back, and even fewer checked out the rematch.

There have been a lot of close fights settled by a rematch over the years, I don't get why people virtually ignore the rematch and harp on this fight so much.

Mares-Agbeko was ten times more of a robbery, but nearly everyone shut up when Mares won the rematch.
                    how was it settled? it's 1-1. castillo's shoulder was injured in the rematch. no third fight from floyd. he chose to fight phillip ndou and victoriana sosa instead.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

That's what I saw too. Mayweather gave as good as he got. I could maybe see the fight a draw but I didn't think Castillo won it.

Comment

Working...
                      X