Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo VS Floyd Mayweather I, Who really won??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a BIG Floyd fan and I had Castillo winning. I was actually a bigger Floyd fan back then than I am now, and I thought Castillo won.

Castillo got that 10-8 round late when Floyd lost the round and a point for fouling, and that was the difference for me.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
      um ,didn't the judges think he won?
      the judges are floyd fans because his promoter pays them. wouldn't you be a fan of someone who pays you and gives you future payments for compliance?

Comment

um ,didn't the judges think he won?
        LoL..........

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          castillo beating floyd up made it seem closer. why would hbo be against their young rising star that just signed a huge deal with them?
          They weren't sold on Floyd yet. He didn't have his true transcendent moment until he UD'ed.. i mean... SD'ed DelaHoya.

It took the announcers, and consequently, compubox, a while to credit Floyd's style of fighting correctly. To them, Castillo charging forward and hitting Floyd on his shell while Floyd sharply countered, was a Castillo should be victory. They were just excited to see Floyd uncomfortable in a fight, since he seemed so dominant up to then.

but the commentary was skewed for sure.

Comment

Mayweather won the WBC title from Castillo on April 20 in a highly controversial decision. Though the judges were unanimous and most ringside media felt Mayweather had won, the HBO announcers and the huttburt Mejicano element of the TV audience believed Castillo had won.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../19780712.html

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
              huttburt Mejicano

Reported, misspelling Mexican with a malicious intent.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                the judges are floyd fans because his promoter pays them. wouldn't you be a fan of someone who pays you and gives you future payments for compliance?
                damn guess manny's and bob checked bounce and bradley's check didn't.

you guys and your conspiracy theories.

Comment

Associated Press: 115-111 - Mayweather
                  New York Daily News: 116-112 - Mayweather

The Las Vegas review journal scored the fight for Mayweather as well, can't find the score though.

Can Anybody find me a press row scorer that scored the fight for Castillo? I Haven't located one single press row score that had the fight for Castillo, and i've been searching for years.

Comment

damn guess manny's and bob checked bounce and bradley's check didn't.

you guys and your conspiracy theories.
                    where's the conspiracy? promoters of the event pay the judges. why do you think you see the same judges over and over again? because they are doing a great job? or because they play ball?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                      Associated Press: 115-111 - Mayweather
                      New York Daily News: 116-112 - Mayweather

The Las Vegas review journal scored the fight for Mayweather as well, can't find the score though.

Can Anybody find me a press row scorer that scored the fight for Castillo? I Haven't located one single press row score that had the fight for Castillo, and i've been searching for years.
                      they were all paid off and will smith used his memory flasher to make them forget.

Comment

Working...
                      X