Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heredia secretly working with 9 world champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Nonito, JMM is that figure that's backing up his S&C coach by saying I'm willing to take any test as long as his opponent does the same. Just like Donaire is doing by taking voluntary random tests year round. This memo guy recently said his fighters will start doing the same.. Seems ok to me

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      The interesting thing is how people think he's doing all this in the dark. No, he just doesn't talk to media...most strength and conditioning coaches don't. The fact that he's working with nine champions indicates that he is very well-known. People didn't know who Alex Ariza was until he began running his mouth with Pacquiao. But it turns out he'd been in the sport for years, working with the likes of Morales and Corrales.

he doesn't name the fighters he works with when asked directly. he doesn't need to be a blow hard like ariza, but you'd think he'd at least divulge his clients.

it's horribly suspicious when you factor in his past. the guy was a steroid guru and user, the son of a chemist, worked as an informant for the government.

add marquez physique completely changing as he nears his 39th birthday, and there's plenty of reason to at least be suspicious and make further inquiry.

there's nothing i'd like more than for all of these suspected steroid users to be clean. unfortunately, it doesn't look that way.
      Last edited by New England; 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        You mean like this maxboxing article quoting Heredia in the days leading up to his fighter's match? Umm ok.
        And prior to this?

Why did you ignore the second half of the post? You seem to think that a conditioning trainer working with 9 champs at once is perfectly normal. Can you provide us all with a few of the many examples of this which makes it so?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          he doesn't name the fighters he works with when asked directly. he doesn't need to be a blow hard like ariza, but you'd think he'd at least divulge his clients.

it's horribly suspicious when you factor in his past. the guy was a steroid guru and user, the son of a chemist, worked as an informant for the government.
          It's very suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Team members for all top fighters will have had some small interview (or at least some quote) at some point in the lead up to some fight or other. You would certainly expect a guy who works with 9 world champions concurrently to have had some media coverage.

In any case, if you can point to the other conditioning trainers that are working with 9 world champions at the same time, then please go ahead. I'd love to see the basis for your view that this is quite typical and perfectly normal.
            I mean it's not undeard of that a trainer is responsible for many fighters. Look at Robert Garcia for example, I think he has 5(6 befor Marquez loss) world champions at the same time and a number of up and comers.
            He has Pavlik, Rios, Garcia, Maidana, Donaire and was training Marquez. Plus the up and comers. At one point we can replace Marquez with Margarito and his brother in law. It's not like they ALL have fights at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              http://maxboxing.com/news/promo-lead...amation-suits-

It bothers me that there are 9 world champions out there who aren't public about working with Heredia more than them working with Heredia itself.

He works in Mexico, right? So who are the current Mexican champions?
              Didn't know he worked with Arce.

So Arce vs Donaire is going to be the first instance of Conte vs Heredia? Nice.

Comment

And prior to this?

Why did you ignore the second half of the post? You seem to think that a conditioning trainer working with 9 champs at once is perfectly normal. Can you provide us all with a few of the many examples of this which makes it so?
                You didn't hear about him before the last Marquez fight?

And why are you trying to change the subject? The issue wasn't whether working with 9 champs was normal (if they are all in the same gym, then it makes sense--Justin Fortune worked with every champ out of Wildcard in his day), it's whether or not he's a good coach--which you said he can't be.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                  Like Nonito, JMM is that figure that's backing up his S&C coach by saying I'm willing to take any test as long as his opponent does the same. Just like Donaire is doing by taking voluntary random tests year round. This memo guy recently said his fighters will start doing the same.. Seems ok to me

they develop and use the drugs before tests are created, obviously. it couldn't work any other way. and according to conte, there are PED's that will leave the system in a day.

finally, depending on who you talk to, there is no accurate test for certain forms of growth hormone.

Comment

It seems strange that this guy has such a low profile in boxing generally, if he is in fact the conditioning coach of choice for 9 elite fighters.

If that large a cohort of world class fighters is using this one guy for their conditioning work, it seems probably that there would have been more stories on what makes him such a top trainer.

I'm not saying it proves anything, just that it is somewhat unusual.
                    you also have to remember at one point Ariza had a very low profile right before he took over the conidtioning duties of Pacquiao now look at his profile he is arguably the most well known conditioner in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                      you also have to remember at one point Ariza had a very low profile right before he took over the conidtioning duties of Pacquiao now look at his profile he is arguably the most well known conditioner in boxing
                      Exactly. That's how it works. Like anyone's seeking out Jorge Arce's strength and conditioning coach.

Comment

Working...
                      X