No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Whatever Mayweather Wants, It's Up To Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same 'Ol Game

Yes, "MANNY" is once again agreeing to a Floyd Mayweather Jr demand.
    Yes "MANNY" is agreeing to a 55/45 split.
    Yes "MANNY" is agreeing to random blood and urine testing.

But, ARUM has never agreed to any of the above terms. This is the same song and dance from Pacquiao's camp. Manny agrees to Floyd's terms then Arum comes out and vehemently refuses Floyd's terms.

And on cue, Manny follows up with "It is up to my promoter Bob Arum... he... uhhh... makes... uhhh decision for who I fight..."

So yes, "MANNY" has and always will continue to come out and publicly state that he agrees to whatever Floyd wants to do. But also, by this "MANNY's" own words, he also says "It's up to my promoter Bob Arum."

This strategy is brilliantly designed to keep Manny's reputation as a fearless boxer securely intact by deflected the blame off him and putting it on the Floyd and/or Arum and it's worked beautifully because so many boxing fans have the perception that the power to make the fight happen solely rests on Floyd's shoulders.

Find 1 article where Arum agress to the 55/45 split. Please find one article reported by a primetime, reputable news syndicate that Bob Arum says "we agree to a 55/45 split in favor of Floyd Mayweather Jr." You will not find one article.

But here's what you what you will find:
    Do a google search for the following keywords "Arum" "55/45" and you'll see plenty of content in the search engine results with the keywords "Arum" and "55/45".

Let's look at Boxing[N]ew24's article titled "Pacquiao willing to give Mayweather 55/45 split, but thinks he’s afraid to fight"

By Chris Williams: In an interview on ESPN earlier Thursday, Manny Pacquiao said he’d be willing to give Floyd Mayweather Jr. a 55/45 split of the purse just to make the fight happen along with full drug testing for performance enhancing drugs.

Pacquiao said this as quoted by fighthype.com: “I’m waiting for that fight [Mayweather] to happen…It’s okay for me if he gets the higher percentage than me…I told him [Mayweather] that I agree with 45 and 55. No problem [full drug testing]. Whatever he wants. Even the night of the fight, no problem.”- Pacquiao

That sounds well and good but what Pacquiao says and his promoter Bob Arum say seem to be two different things. In the recent past, Arum has said that a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight can’t happen unless there’s a 50-50 purse split. Now we’ve got Pacquiao saying he spoke to Mayweather in the past and agreed to a 45/55 split. I don’t know who to believe – Pacquiao or Arum? My thoughts are that Pacquiao can say 45/55 all he wants, but if Arum is sticking to the 50/50 line then the fight won’t get made. Arum is the one that will likely be doing the negotiating with Mayweather, not Pacquiao.

-Boxing[N]ew24's article is not hard to find

Another example: www.Mayweathervspacman.com
    "This is like craziness," Arum said. "Manny is the box-office star, he is the pay-per-view star. He has all the endorsements. Who the (expletive) is this guy? I was shocked when Manny said we will do a 50-50 because I would not have done 50-50.

Arum was pissed that Floyd would even have the audacity to think he deserves anything more than a 50/50 split.

Call Mayweather what you will, but you can't call him the blame for this fight not happening. The blame is on Arum, the promoter, whom Manny says makes the decisions on who he fights.

But honestly, the blame is on Manny because Manny ultimately makes the final decision on who he decides he wants to fight when Arum presents his options. Arum can only recommend who he wants Manny to fight, Manny has the power to say "screw those guys Arum. Get me Floyd at all costs!" Then you'll hear Arum come out and publicly say "I agree to those the 55/45 split in favor of Mayweather and I will present this to Manny." Until then its...

The Same 'Ol Game
    Last edited by SaiZelion; 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Anyone taking an absolute position at this point is a moron. Pac and Floyd are both idiots who don't really want the fight and use each other's names to sell their sub-par fights. The fight is not the event it could have been and certainly doesn't have the significance it once did.

Boxing failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
        I suspect that May has some kind of injury that he feels would handicap him against Pac because he's clearly ducking a fight he should be able to win (and cement a legacy with).
        It's funny that the odds will favor Floyd over Manny to win all across the board.

TR played the psychological waiting game to see if Floyd breaks. They can keep playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Manny has been saying this for a while now. Floyd ran out of excuses a while ago, he doesnt want this fight.
          Manny said whatever floyd wants its up to him. floyd already told him what he wants-Manny to accept $40 mil no ppv revenue for the fight. so I doubt manny is serious when he says this.

Comment

Originally posted by SaiZelion View Post

But, ARUM has never agreed to any of the above terms. This is the same song and dance from Pacquiao's camp. Manny agrees to Floyd's terms then Arum comes out and vehemently refuses Floyd's terms.

And on cue, Manny follows up with "It is up to my promoter Bob Arum... he... uhhh... makes... uhhh decision for who I fight..."

So yes, "MANNY" has and always will continue to come out and publicly state that he agrees to whatever Floyd wants to do. But also, by this "MANNY's" own words, he also says "It's up to my promoter Bob Arum."

This strategy is brilliantly designed to keep Manny's reputation as a fearless boxer securely intact by deflected the blame off him and putting it on the Floyd and/or Arum and it's worked beautifully because so many boxing fans have the perception that the power to make the fight happen solely rests on Floyd's shoulders.

Find 1 article where Arum agress to the 55/45 split. Please find one article reported by a primetime, reputable news syndicate that Bob Arum says "we agree to a 55/45 split in favor of Floyd Mayweather Jr." You will not find one article.

Do a google search for the following keywords "Arum" "55/45" and you'll see plenty of content in the search engine results with the keywords "Arum" and "55/45".

Let's look at Boxing[N]ew24's article titled "Pacquiao willing to give Mayweather 55/45 split, but thinks he’s afraid to fight"

By Chris Williams: In an interview on ESPN earlier Thursday, Manny Pacquiao said he’d be willing to give Floyd Mayweather Jr. a 55/45 split of the purse just to make the fight happen along with full drug testing for performance enhancing drugs.

Pacquiao said this as quoted by fighthype.com: “I’m waiting for that fight [Mayweather] to happen…It’s okay for me if he gets the higher percentage than me…I told him [Mayweather] that I agree with 45 and 55. No problem [full drug testing]. Whatever he wants. Even the night of the fight, no problem.”- Pacquiao

That sounds well and good but what Pacquiao says and his promoter Bob Arum say seem to be two different things. In the recent past, Arum has said that a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight can’t happen unless there’s a 50-50 purse split. Now we’ve got Pacquiao saying he spoke to Mayweather in the past and agreed to a 45/55 split. I don’t know who to believe – Pacquiao or Arum? My thoughts are that Pacquiao can say 45/55 all he wants, but if Arum is sticking to the 50/50 line then the fight won’t get made. Arum is the one that will likely be doing the negotiating with Mayweather, not Pacquiao.

"This is like craziness," Arum said. "Manny is the box-office star, he is the pay-per-view star. He has all the endorsements. Who the (expletive) is this guy? I was shocked when Manny said we will do a 50-50 because I would not have done 50-50.

Arum was pissed that Floyd would even have the audacity to think he deserves anything more than a 50/50 split.

Call Mayweather what you will, but you can't call him the blame for this fight not happening. The blame is on Arum, the promoter, whom Manny says makes the decisions on who he fights.

But honestly, the blame is on Manny because Manny ultimately makes the final decision on who he decides he wants to fight when Arum presents his options. Arum can only recommend who he wants Manny to fight, Manny has the power to say "screw those guys Arum. Get me Floyd at all costs!" Then you'll hear Arum come out and publicly say "I agree to those the 55/45 split in favor of Mayweather and I will present this to Manny." Until then its...

The Same 'Ol Game
            This is the game they've been playing all along. Pacman's fans know it.

As long as Manny doesn't have to step foot in the ring across Floyd, it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post

As long as Manny doesn't have to step foot in the ring across Floyd, it's all good.
              this is the first time i've seen or heard manny speaks like this when it comes to the floyd-pac fight. i don't know why you & the rest of floyd fans doesn't think pac really wants it. pac is good for 2 good fights, imo. whether pac loses, i still want to see it!!

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
                this is the first time i've seen or heard manny speaks like this when it comes to the floyd-pac fight. i don't know why you & the rest of floyd fans doesn't think pac really wants it. pac is good for 2 good fights, imo. whether pac loses, i still want to see it!!
                all BS aside, when manny allows his promoter to arrange an april fight for him when his promoter stated that those kind of actions show "you are not serious about fighting" when floyd picked a date and venue in advance without negotiating, suggests he doesn't want to fight.

Comment

Well if it's true and Mayweather is fighting in february and many in April..then september is possible for both..perhaps near the end of september..One way to remove all doubt is have someone show up with a contract for both..and I mean a fair contract right down the middle..whoever balks is the duck and that's how it should be remembered. All these excuses about who should earn what is a flat out excuse..the two biggest stars in the sport should face each other with each walking away equally enriched..their alternatives won't generate half the money they both stand to earn.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post

For me, I don't care about being a PacFan or FloydFan, all I care about is equally and balanced reporting. You must tell the full story. I wish BoxingScene would have mentioned that Manny agreeing isn't the problem, will Arum agree.

It's just an all around clusterFHUCK. Manny wants everyone to believe he agrees but he wants everyone to believe it's up to Bob Arum, then Arum always says "I will be flying to the Philippines to present to Manny X-number of fighters and see who he picks."

WHO'S DECISION IS IT, DAMN IT!?

Comment

Originally posted by SaiZelion View Post

The Same 'Ol Game
                      If I knew how to give rep points, you'd have em on this post.

Comment

Working...
                      X