Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez, Hernandez on PED Claims: Memo Rips Conte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the rumors of Floyd failing 3 drug tests are ever confirm to be true, he would get rightly crucify for being a cheat and his legacy would be tarnish forever. And yet, that confirmation would validate that more rigorous testing, be it year-round or during the lead up to a fight, is indeed more favorable than relying solely in those administered by athletic commissions with outdated protocols.

Which brings me to this point, why the hell is Team Pacquiao making allegations about Marquez when Pacquiao has yet to take part in fight with more stringent testing? After two years, he said he's willing to submit to those tests in a fight against Floyd, yet he has not demonstrably shown that willingness in any of his fights since by not demanding that VADA or whoever does the drug testing. And I'm suppose to believe that Marquez is cheating? Granted, he could be juicing, but he's more than willing to take a test while Pacquiao seems to be quiet about it. Why just commit to be tested because Floyd says so when you're not fighting him?

Comment

In Memo's defense, Conte isn't even the guy that created PED's (The Clear).

It was Patrick Arnold. He's more knowledgable and the guy Conte would go to to get his information. Conte's role was linking the steroids to the professional athletes.

But as far as being in a lab, testing/creating PED's, that was all Patrick Arnold. Conte knows "how they work", but that's a huge difference as to creating them.

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        Primatene: performance enhancer.
        Baking Soda: performance enhancer.
        Creatine: performance enhancer.
        Caffeine: performance enhancer.
        Cocaine: performance enhancer.
        Vicodin: performance enhancer.
        Tylenol with Codeine: performance enhancer.
        Aspirin: performance enhancer.

Every time an athlete gets a pain shot or an anti-inflammatory shot before taking the field, that's an example of using performance enhancing drugs.

it's a shame that peds have gotten the rep they have.

Peds, when used correctly, could lengthen a lot of athletes careers, keep them healthier for longer, and reduce the number of injuries.

people cant see past their self righteous indignation of athletes wanting to improve their performance. I mean its ok in other aspects of life but somehow when it comes to sports it becomes some abhorrent immoral act even though they are already allowed to take legal peds that the governing body deemed ok.
        The issue is that anabolic steroids, epo, testosterone etc. distort performance levels significantly more than caffeine or anti-inflammatories do.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
          The issue is that it's very easy to say, "test me," when you know for a fact that they're not gonna test you! Are both Marquez an Pacquiao on PEDs? I don't know for a fact. But I don't think it's too far fetched, considering that one is 39 years old and the other won his first championship at 112 lbs.

Iv'e said this on here alot, when it comes to professional athletes and millions of dollars at stake, assuming the majority are on something isn't far fetched at all. It's not just boxing. However with boxing you have possibly the most feeble measures to combat PED use in place. This also makes sense because positive tests hurt every stakeholder. It hurts the state athletic commissions, the promoters, the networks and the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
            Which brings me to this point, why the hell is Team Pacquiao making allegations about Marquez when Pacquiao has yet to take part in fight with more stringent testing?
            Pacquiao's team wanted Mosley tested because he has a history of using steroids. Pacquiao's team brought up testing with Marquez because his strength and conditioning coach has a history with supplying steroids.

Pacquiao himself did not make the allegations. Pacquiao does not have a history with steroids.

Comment

of course lil mamom memo

would go throught the usada and their waivers.......smdh

Comment

FuNNY!!!!

funny how pac fans now belive that test can be beat!!! but if you go back they posted that you cant beat urine test this and nevada commission that!!!

Bottom Line Marquez Is willing to take any test and manny pac is NOT!!!!

marquez= willing to test!!

Manny pac= not willing to test!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sapo1 View Post
                  funny how pac fans now belive that test can be beat!!! but if you go back they posted that you cant beat urine test this and nevada commission that!!!

Bottom Line Marquez Is willing to take any test and manny pac is NOT!!!!

marquez= willing to test!!

Manny pac= not willing to test!!!
                  Wrong. He's willing to commission testing/UASADA testing which are easy to beat, and when a test is failed have protocol in place to avoid reporting. He'll never submit to VADA 365/24/7 true random testing. Even if he did uncle bob would squash that notion as would dirty a s s dime dropping name changing drug pushing Memo.

Comment

Suddenly there's a lot of experts on USADA VADA and PED's. And half people swear Marquez is juicing and the other half are positive Pacquiao is roided up but they're missing 2 things in their claim. Logic and PROOF! ******s these days.

Comment

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
                      Suddenly there's a lot of experts on USADA VADA and PED's. And half people swear Marquez is juicing and the other half are positive Pacquiao is roided up but they're missing 2 things in their claim. Logic and PROOF! ******s these days.
                      There are a lot of great poster here at these forums, but sometimes the collective IQ of posters here can be astonishingly low and others are so damn lazy. They don't care for doing research so they resort to name calling like a six year old. If you had a grain of intelligence you too would do your homework (just takes a little effort) and you too would be able call BS on the spot much like 'Memo and his testing pledge BS.

Although I'm no PED expert I have done my research, enough to know the major difference between testing bodies and their protocols. Just because your favorite fighter is now at the center of the PED rumor mill doesn't mean it's ok for you to cover your eyes and ears and resort to name calling you child.

The logic says JMM & Manny plus most other boxers are juicing. The proof is there its just a matter of when and how it'll be revealed. If you have something positive to contribute to the thread then proceed. If you don't then kindly keep it moving and don't resort to name calling. Respectfully, you make yourself look like a mental midget.

Comment

Working...
                      X