No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto Still Very Much a Reality, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Canelo/Cotto makes business but I rather see Alvarez fight a top 154 fighter.

Cotto lost a lot of negotiating power for that fight. Not only in losing but not gettng the title will put him in the back seat of negtiating a Canelo fight.

I wouldn't be suprised if team Cotto exercise the rematch clause
    Cotto should forget about Trout and challenge Bundrage.

Comment

Canelo stays cherrypicking that 154 division!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I hate boxing fans because they aren't real boxing fans;COTTO months ago gave the toughest and most entertaining fight of FLOYD's carrer and now because he lost he is finished and shot;PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did you see the fight?How many low blows?How many breaks for gloves and not even a penalty,did you see the score cards?COTTO has been sold,no ARUM behind him and AL HAYMON bought all close rounds,PLEASE!!!
        COTTO gave us great fights and he has one of the best carrer of this era,RESPECT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
          This would be similar to when Mayweather and Judah were supposed to have their "mega" showdown and Judah got upset by Carlos Baldomir and they still went on the the Mayweather/Judah fight.
          That's exactly what it's like. It's also like Garcia fighting Morales and Judah instead of Matthysee. Cotto has loyal fans that will be there. Canelo will make twice as much money with Cotto instead of Trout. Most on here thought Cotto would beat Canelo. I guess Trout changed some minds about that.If this fight happens I'll bet lots on here will pick Cotto to win. Trout did not give Cotto a beating that ruins a fighter. Cotto should be just as good for Canelo as he was for Floyd and Trout. The fight would be a measuring stick to see how Canelo compares with Floyd. Sure Trout deserves the fight but how often do damn good fighters who don't draw flies get the fights they deserve. Floyd is the WBA 154 pound super champ. He is suppose to fight Trout but he won't fight him either. I wonder if Trout will defend his tittle against Lara or Molina, the guys Canelo is suppose to be ducking?

Comment

Schaefer still wanted to make Hatton-Malignaggi after Ricky got stopped by Senchenko. Should come as no surprise to any one that he still views this as a viable contest.

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
              I hate boxing fans because they aren't real boxing fans;COTTO months ago gave the toughest and most entertaining fight of FLOYD's carrer and now because he lost he is finished and shot;PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did you see the fight?How many low blows?How many breaks for gloves and not even a penalty,did you see the score cards?COTTO has been sold,no ARUM behind him and AL HAYMON bought all close rounds,PLEASE!!!
              COTTO gave us great fights and he has one of the best carrer of this era,RESPECT!!!
              Toughest fight of his career? I can't be the only one that doesn't think that because he straight dominated that fight. Floyd must be getting really old if that was the toughest fight of his career

Comment

Hard to see guys like Cotto, Roy Jones and Mosley allow the names and reputations they worked so hard to build to be used as stepping stones.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  People need to stop using the "Who has he faced" old song and dance because Trout isn't the only one who had nothing on his resume to compare to Cotto's. But resumes don't fight, fighters do. Same when people were saying who had Mosley fought when he was about to fight Oscar and we know what happened there. History is littered with guys who beat guys with much better resumes.
                  I agree, good point! Let them know.

Comment

[QUOTsoE=jsfd26;12767937]Canelo stays cherrypicking that 154 division!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android[/QUOTE]

So! Floyd and Gamboa cherry picking all the time, pluse cotto vs Canelo would make a whloe lot more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      Cotto lost convincingly to Austin Trout... he is no longer elite in that division. Austin Trout is a great fighter, he makes good fighters look ordinary, but Cotto lost convincingly and if you are considered elite you can't get blown out like that. Did you see their faces? Cotto was bruised up, Trout had no marks or anything.

Cotto simply can't compete with the great fighters at 154. If he were to fight Canelo, Canelo would knock him out. Probably within 8 rounds. He wouldn't hurt Canelo and he would eat all of his punches.

Canelo should be fighting Trout or winner of Lara/Vanes. Those 3 are legit.

Right now Cotto has become a resume builder.
                      Sad but true!

Comment

Working...
                      X