Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing should respect Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto wasn't the same after the first fight with Margarito, that cheater ruined Cotto. The Miguel Cotto who fought Pacman, Mayweather and now Trout wasnt the same who fought Malignaggi, Judah or Mosley.

Now, to say he's not a hof, when sold out the msg may times, many times world champion, and the best rican fighter in the last decade... And I'm not rican or a Cotto fan, but come on, Cotto was big.

Comment

cotto deserves respect. but he is in no mans land at 154. he has essentially fought the lightest punchers at 154 in floyd and trout and came away from both fights severely beaten around the face.

I think it would be a brutal mistake to fight Canelo, angulo, kirkland etc at this point. I agree with the posters suggesting he fight k-9 in PR.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
        Cotto deserves the respect of putting on those gloves and going to war.

That being said, it's ridiculous how overrated he is.
        I agree with your first sentence, and am confused by your second sentence.

To what extent is cotto overrated? Most recognize him as not the best, but a great warrior who provides the fans with action packed fights. A warrior with boxing skills, who wasnt afraid of anybody. In this regard, i dont see how he is overrated.

Listen, all fighters take defeats. And if they havrnt been defeated yet, then they just havent fought that much against top competition, and/or have cherrypicked their way through their career. Styles make fights, and there is always somebody out there with your styles number. Defeats happen.

Comment

No shame in losing to Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            He has nothing to be ashame of. He lost in my card 116-113 in an horrible matchmaking by his team. Fight Bundrage in Puerto Rico and then decide if you want to keep going.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=574768

Guess it wasn't.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=574698

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              He's lost against Mayweather, Pacquiao, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley and Trout. (pretty much every major fight he was ever in) He's not great or even worthy of the HOF but he's definitely a solid gatekeeper. He deserves more respect than he's given. With that said he's an emotional guy. He has literally cried on every 24/7 he's ever been on and he even cried in his last All Access. I'm not surprised he would be deluded enough to think he won or to even walk off like he did against Mayweather and Trout.

I like him, he's entertaining and deserves all the respect a former multi division champ is entitled to. Sucks he gets hated on here alot.
              jeez what's he crying so much for? That can't be good I hope he's not going to become a suicide case

Comment

match making mistake or simply exposed....better match making means running away from someone that will expose you, that is why cotto ran away from martinez and williams and ended up fighting michael jennings. thats how you make hype jobs and make money in the boxing business

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  I disagree. The fight with Floyd was not that close, doubt that had anything to do with the Trout fight.
                  lols u lil b!tch
                  doesn't matter what you think... cotto thought he did very well against roidweather and so he thought he was near unstoppable coming into this fight

Comment

Everyone says how Trout had the physical advantages, but there were times when Cotto was clearly the more intelligent fighter/boxer and he got caught up not sticking to his game too many times in that fight. As a Cotto fan it pains me to say that this happens in almost every fight he's been in. Trout took advantage of a fighter who was smarter, but far more impatient.

Comment

boxing and all of the people involved in the sport I'm sure respect him.

its only the idiots in here that don't................Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X