No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Clears Up Pacquiao-Marquez Testing Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    But that's exactly what they do, when VADA or USADA get a positive test they inform the commission right away and the commission suspends the fighter's license.
    Well not in the Morales test. The NY Commission knew nothing of the failed Morales tests until someone leaked the info to the press.

Comment

The only thing i agree with Arum is that if USADA/VADA are involved in testing, that they should answer directly to the State commission, not to the promoters. At least 1 representative from state commission should be present when the USADA/VADA takes and examine the test.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
        The only thing i agree with Arum is that if USADA/VADA are involved in testing, that they should answer directly to the State commission, not to the promoters. At least 1 representative from state commission should be present when the USADA/VADA takes and examine the test.
        exactly, thats the only thing I agree on Arum on this, its should be the State Commission to commission USADA or VADA if extra testing is needed... other than that, Arum is still scumbag! lol

Comment

So he wanted the commission to pay for the test or they (The lead promoter) would pay for it? I agree though the commission should over see the process and decide on any dirty test, there shouldn't be any loopholes where promoters can do whatever they like when a fighter test dirty like Morales did.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            USADA has done some shady things yes but VADA is legit, they don't re-test fighters or destroy samples without testing them.

But that's exactly what they do, when VADA or USADA get a positive test they inform the commission right away and the commission suspends the fighter's license.
            I thought they notify the promoters first?

Comment

Originally posted by sapaw View Post
              Green sent!

I dont know what grade these flomos have, its really simple as what you said... It should be the commission who should hire either VADA or USADA if extra testing is needed, coz if the the promoters hire directly the VADA or USADA, they will do whatever it takes to push the fight, just like they did in Morales fight.
              Well it has nothing to do with *****s, *******s, or anything like that. It has everything to do with what is right. I understand that many have a distrust with Arum, and there is no questioning his ability to be shady. Golden Boy has also shown why they are also shady as hell. I guess it comes with the territory. They are all cats trying to make easy money and would resist to a degree any type of testing that could ruin cards and cause them to lose money.

There is no such thing as good promoters or bad promoters. They are all bad promoters. Green K returned BTW

Comment

At this point. How can anyone believe Bob Arum wants to do anything positive for this sport? He doesn't even want to make the fights that matter with other promoters. Bob Arum is the master flip flopper and "Yesterday I was lying but today I am telling the truth".

Comment

USADA is a non profit organization and a non government entity(even though they get some funding from the US gov). VADA is also an independent organization. They will answer on whoever pays them for their services. In the case of USADA, when it comes to the Olympics, they will answer up to the US Olympic committee.

If you look at it, they are a private company. They can show or not the results of the test, depending on who hires them. In case of the US Olympic committee, they always make it public the results. While in case of boxing or other sports organizations, they may or may not.

The USADA-US Olympic committee relationship should also apply on state commission. When a boxing promotion hires the services of USADA/VADA, it directly answers to the state commission. Then its the job of the state commission to make it public on the results of the test.

Comment

Since boxers are the one actually asking for it, then the boxer and their promoter should be liable in paying for it, not the state commission.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      Well not in the Morales test. The NY Commission knew nothing of the failed Morales tests until someone leaked the info to the press.
                      You're right. Like I said, USADA is shady but VADA informs the commission right away.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I thought they notify the promoters first?
                      VADA notifies both, USADA apparently only notifies Golden Boy...

Comment

Working...
                      X