Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo/cotto would be worse than the mosley fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
      I agree, great point. I would rather Trout get the shot he deserves at Canelo, but treating Cotto likes he's done after losing a tough fight is just why we don't get these kind of fights. It's not Canelo's fault fights with PWill, Kirkland,or Ortiz (finally some risky fights) fell through, but it's time for Canelo to have one and Cotto would just be a name for Canelo at this point..
      Trout just got the shot that he deserved! Now do Trout vs Bundrage!

Comment

At the end of the day its about the bottom line $$$$, Did trout beat Cotto yes does he deserve to fight Canelo sure on HBO or Showtime championship boxing, like Bradley, Trout will not sell PPV nobody is running out to purchase a 60.00 $ PPV with them as headliners. A Cotto vs. Canelo fight would double or triple sells of what a Canelo vs. Trout PPV would do ...Like I said at the end of the day its about the all mighty dollar.

Comment

there is no reason for this fight at all. canelo should be making the fight with trout, not cotto. makes about as much sence as alvarado fighting bradley and not rios. wheather or not its cotto or anyone else, if you lose two fight in a row you shouldn't be rewarded with a title shot.

Comment

**** like this is infuriating. Why not face THE PERSON THAT WON THE FIGHT. Not the ****ing loser of the bout. Un****ingreal.

Comment

What Schaefer means to say is, We need to keep Canelo away from difficult fights like Austin and Cotto brings in a bigger pay day for Canelo. I had Austin winning 9-3 in rounds.

Comment

shemmue... canelo sold out fighting lopez? i'm sure lots of people would like to see canelo tested. people buyin it for ginger anyway, hardcore fans know trout but mainstreamers are for canelo anyway. fight would sell, maby not to the extent of cotto, but would do ok im sure.

Comment

That's what you call a duck. They didn't do it with Ortiz then why Cotto? Canelo fought a way smaller Lopez but not Trout who is in his division and a belt holder? Weak sauce.

Comment

Only in boxing. Imagine something like this happening in any other sport...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                      I agree, great point. I would rather Trout get the shot he deserves at Canelo, but treating Cotto likes he's done after losing a tough fight is just why we don't get these kind of fights. It's not Canelo's fault fights with PWill, Kirkland,or Ortiz (finally some risky fights) fell through, but it's time for Canelo to have one and Cotto would just be a name for Canelo at this point..
                      I agree with both of you... we all knew this was a risky fight , but whats the point of some guys telling Cotto is over but at the same time criticize that some boxers picks their opponents?

Cotto trusted himself, took a risky fight, loose in what seems a legit way... Don't we like guys have the balls to fight whatever is available? Don't we like great fights even if the guy we root for loose them?

Canelo and Trout are young and probably their respective companies (interested in LONG TERM).... don't want that risk. I don't see a fight between those two very soon... and If Cotto want to fight Canelo instead of boxing him, he will loose worst than on this one.

Schaefer wants money, easy money! He see Cotto as a ladder to his long term goals.... nothing new here!

Comment

Working...
                      X