Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Cotto lost millions of fans tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hated him even more.. All those PR fans who had to pay for the fight on the island and this idiot doesnt even thank them... Feel bad for the PR's right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      Damn, I might feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, I always look forward to a Cotto fight but it isn't like before though.

Part of it is him being done as far as being a pound for pound fighter and the other is the fact that I haven't watched a fight live on tv since joining the military in February. I miss my Showtime and HBO
      I think part of it might be him trying to stay in the game after he just can't pull the trigger anymore. Plus some of his wins weren't "all that", like Jennings and Foreman. The Margo fight really changed him as a person and a boxer. And even when he avenged that loss, Margo's eye and the doc helped him.

I personally am confident he would have won that fight if it went the distance, but still, the eye was a big help for Cotto. What if the eye wasn't damaged? It was a tainted win. I don't want him to end up like my other fav boxers who stay in the game too long and get beat again and again.

After the Trout fight, Cotto stormed off, all pis sed off, but sang a different song in the dressing room, just like the Floyd fight. This kind of stuff turns me off. so, i'm feeling at odds about it all. I just don't want to back any one boxer anymore.

But i did love watching Cotto kicking everybody's as s's up until his 1st loss. Like i said, he's in my own hall of fame, and always will be.

Comment

The only time he stuck around after a loss was after the Pac fight, when he legitimately could have left to get checked up in a hospital. Margarito I is understandable. Mayweather and now Trout? I don't like that behavior. If he can stick around when he wins then he should also do it when he loses if his health permits.

Maybe he just really hates losing to African Americans? Just kidding. Whatever it is I don't like it.

What has really deterred me as a fan of his is his seemingly lack of commitment to the game. His trainer made a smart suggestion to train at high altitude, but I'm sure Cotto was the reason for them cutting it short at Big Bear. Then he says that they probably wont go back.

My thing is that if you are going to do something, do it right and put your all into it and I don't see that. He probably underestimated and overlooked Trout a bit and was overwhelmed by the stronger younger better fit fighter.

He should have thanked the fans for coming out and maybe sent a shout out to all of PR who bought the PPV to support him. Did he even wear anything in honor of Camacho? I thought he would, but didn't see anything.

Another poster said that we should not pick fights based on pride and he is right. I need to learn how to do that. Still, I don't need Cotto in this game to be a happy boxing fan as I root for many other fighters from different places. Trout will probably be one of those.

If you want to be a full time dad, go do it, and spare us the suspense and disappointment. Oh, and stop getting tattoos and kissing your son on the lips.
        Last edited by Fistic; 12-02-2012, 05:21 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

I'm a Cotto fan and will always be a Cotto fan. What do you all expect? He's obviously an emotional person and after a loss that will probably signify the end of his career you all expect him to bow down to everyone.

He is a human being who puts his life on the line every time he enters the ring and has fought his heart out and given some great fights and put his body thru hell doing so. He don't owe anyone anything.

Comment

Not here, Team Cotto no matter what...

Comment

If that's the case who would want such fickle fans.

He's making his millions. Cotto doesn't strike me as the type who gives a **** who likes him or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                Not here, Team Cotto no matter what...
                Me too. The entire reason I started watching boxing was a Cotto fight and he made love the sport. Like jaz, he will always be an ATG, HOF, and great fighter in my eyes. Am I right? No, but I'll argue it to the end. Probably the one and only fighter I'll support like this, I'll miss him when he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Me too. The entire reason I started watching boxing was a Cotto fight and he made love the sport. Like jaz, he will always be an ATG, HOF, and great fighter in my eyes. Am I right? No, but I'll argue it to the end. Probably the one and only fighter I'll support like this, I'll miss him when he's gone.
                  I'm with you bro!

Comment

it was classless for him to snub jim grey and the crowd like that. i didn't expect him to behave like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mic573 View Post
                      I'm a Cotto fan and will always be a Cotto fan. What do you all expect? He's obviously an emotional person and after a loss that will probably signify the end of his career you all expect him to bow down to everyone.

He is a human being who puts his life on the line every time he enters the ring and has fought his heart out and given some great fights and put his body thru hell doing so. He don't owe anyone anything.

most of the other great fighters would disagree, and most of them displayed grace and class in bowing out.

i think cotto will take one more fight, probably against canelo alvarez. he's checked out of boxing. when you're talking about retiring the way he's been talking, you're retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X