Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Opponent for Mayweather: Guerrero OR Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    Neither. Fight the best or fcuk off.
    Simmer down "lad"... lol

Comment

Originally posted by New England
      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Btw you can also make the argument that if Berto lands one of his bombs on Canelo his health would be at risk too. Not convinced by Canelo's chin or durability.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

so a physically strong jr MW (who will finish his career at 160 or 168, and weighs in the 170's on fight night,) isn't going to take shots a former featherweight took?

you just don't like canelo, man.

it is what it is.
      Or you're being too biased? Unlike Guerrero we've seen Canelo hurt by a much inferior fighter than Berto. That's why I said what I said. Or let me guess, he was just a kid?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Or you're being too biased? Unlike Guerrero we've seen Canelo hurt by a much inferior fighter than Berto. That's why I said what I said. Or let me guess, he was just a kid?

i have no bias concerning canelo alvarez. it might be perceived that way, as i generally bring to light the realities of the matchmaking your seeing in his career.

he was 19 years old, yes, and when you're 19 you don't take punches the way you do when you're a grown man

there have been a handful of world class fighters at 19 over the history of the sport. canelo alvarez certainly isn't / wasnt one of them. he wasn't there physically, and he doesn't have skills like the guys im about to mention.

benitez, tyson, vargas, pipino cuevas, are a few that jump to mind. somebody can probably help me out with a few more.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          you're asking two different quesitons, as well.

who would i rather see get the fight?
          guerrero. he's earned it. his family deserves the payday.

who would be a better opponent and make for a more competive fight?
          alvarez.
          I had this in mind making the thread. Thanks

Comment

Ideal Scenario:

Mayweather vs manny first half of next year
            Alvarez vs Winner of Cotto/Trout first half of next year

Mayweather vs Winner of Alvarez vs Cotto or Trout later next year

Then Mayweather retires undefeated. We were able to witness a highly skilled ATG, also our era's main star, leave the game without a single loss. He probably won't be up there with the likes of Ezzard Charles, but this breaks the old order. Great fighters can retire undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Ideal Scenario:

Then Mayweather retires undefeated. We were able to witness a highly skilled ATG, also our era's main star, leave the game without a single loss. He probably won't be up there with the likes of Ezzard Charles, but this breaks the old order. Great fighters can retire undefeated.
              We can only hope. He'd retire fighter of the year too if he were to do that.

Comment

Ideal Scenario:

What if Pacquiao loses to Marquez, then what? Or Marquez gets robbed again?

Mayweather vs Marquez II, Mayweather vs Canelo. Then retire

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  What if Pacquiao loses to Marquez, then what? Or Marquez gets robbed again?

Mayweather vs Marquez II, Mayweather vs Canelo. Then retire
                  I forgot all about that. I expect Marquez to beat manny and not get jacked this time.

I just want to see Floyd fight one more time. There'll be stupid hype imo since he's coming out of jail.

Comment

Ideal Scenario:

Wishful thinking but its not going happen once that money runs out he will back and a very nasty ko is bound to catch up to him. May is just another jack Johnson that will end up broke

Comment

Sergio martinez at 160 is a good start to repair his damaged/comatose legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X