Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fight that dramatically change the landscape of boxing in the last 10 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fight that dramatically change the landscape of boxing in the last 10 years

I was watching some of Cotto's fights today and I got to thinking. If Cotto beats Margarito and their first fight what would boxing look like now. What i am saying is would Pacquiao be as big. Would Cotto be as hyped as Pac is now. I felt like Arum threw Pacquiao as a replacement to rival Mayweather since Cotto lost. I remember back in the day thats all that was really talked about Cotto vs Mayweather.

Was Cotto really the one who was suppose to be Mayweather's arch nemesis?

Was Cotto suppose the be the one with just as much fame as Mayweather?

What are NSB posters thoughts?

Keep it on topic...

I'd say Oscar ducking Margarito and picking on a lightweight in Pacquiao instead, when everyone wanted to see him fight Margs.

Think about it.

IF oscar fought Margarito and Margarito won, there wouldn't have been a shane mosley beating + handwrap scandal. Margarito would have been elevated to huge star. Pac would have never of got his golden opportunity to be exposed to the masses by beating Oscar. Pac probably would have stayed at 135 at least for another fight or two, maybe fighting guys like Diaz/Nate Campbell. So much in the boxing work would be different.

Comment

Didnt think about like that but I see what you saying. But that still what make that Cotto/Marg fight so relevant.

Comment

If Cotto had of won.. how would boxing look now. Who would be that 1B boxer now.

Comment

That fight against Oscar was supposed to be Cotto's, but he was cheated by Marg. He becomes the cash cow, he becomes what Manny became. That's the reason I hate Margs, he robbed Cotto of a great opportuni and risked his life.

Comment

If Floyd didn't chicken out and took on Cotto before the Margarito fight, I'm sure Floyd would have won,"Fighter Of The Decade".

Had Pac beat Cotto and then took on Hoya, they would have done 2 mills plus PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              That fight against Oscar was supposed to be Cotto's, but he was cheated by Marg. He becomes the cash cow, he becomes what Manny became. That's the reason I hate Margs, he robbed Cotto of a great opportuni and risked his life.
              Margarito have a lot of guts. The dude can sit infront of peps and wrap his hand with plaster thinking that nobody is going to see it .

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                I'd say Oscar ducking Margarito and picking on a lightweight in Pacquiao instead, when everyone wanted to see him fight Margs.

Think about it.

IF oscar fought Margarito and Margarito won, there wouldn't have been a shane mosley beating + handwrap scandal. Margarito would have been elevated to huge star. Pac would have never of got his golden opportunity to be exposed to the masses by beating Oscar. Pac probably would have stayed at 135 at least for another fight or two, maybe fighting guys like Diaz/Nate Campbell. So much in the boxing work would be different.
                ^^^^this........................

Comment

floyd vs baldomir. baldomir would still be champ and a ppv star if floyd hadn't accepted that challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    floyd vs baldomir. baldomir would still be champ and a ppv star if floyd hadn't accepted that challenge.
                    LOL... Possibly

Comment

Working...
                    X