No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khabib Beats Up Joan Guzman, Unifies IBO/WBA Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    because the ref ruled that Guzman injury was result of "accidental foul", so they go to the cards......
    Terrible job by the referee
    Last edited by King_; 11-30-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
      Was rooting for Guzman as my countryman, but i'm glad that Khabib wasn't robbed. It breaks my heart to see how judges play with the effort and dedication of the fighters.
      Good post, you've made a couple of good ones tonight......Nice to see more real/unbiased boxing fans!

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        because the ref ruled that Guzman injury was result of "accidental foul", so they go to the cards......
        Okay, I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying.

Comment

russians are takin over...

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            Terrible job by the referee
            agree 10000%

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
              Good post, you've made a couple of good ones tonight......Nice to see more real/unbiased boxing fans!
              Thanks chief! I mean...It is what it is. This guy Khabib came to America, took the risk gave a great performance. He deserves respect from boxing fans. Boxing, as well, needs respect. Hope he gets bigger opportunities next!

Comment

The ref wasn't suppose to help Guzman up and the fight definitely could've been called a TKO.

The last time I saw a fighter helped up by a ref was for the Clottey-Cotto bout when Clottey injured his knee..

That said, I'm pretty sure Guzman tore a knee ligament or something along those lines. I expect to see that in the doctor report post fight. I take my hat off to Guzman for trying to fight through the injury but it was obvious he was in pain.

Comment

not surprised guzman was hype he lost against funeka and got lucky

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    not surprised guzman was hype he lost against funeka and got lucky
                    ¿All Hype? ¿Have U ever seen any other of Guzman's fights? & U'r probably referring to the 1st Funeka fight, cause in the 2nd fight he beat him(even thou the judges had it a lot closer than the way I saw it) & Guzman has skills, he's strong & has good defense..Very far from being a Hype!! His problem was making weight & that he's already 36 & not all fighters are like the Bernard Hopkins or the Sergio Martinez's that at a late age they still look & fight good...

Comment

This was a great match... Two warriors going at it!!! I just knew the judges and ref were fixing this fight. Glad the right man won.

Comment

Working...
                      X