Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did 'Prime' Roy Jones Jr avoid the 6 biggest punchers of his divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Dude, Nunn was KO'd by James Toney and did absolutely SCHIT after that.... Nothing!!!!! He was never really the same.

What's with all this schit about Liles? He didn't step on the scene and have a name for himself until the late 90's... not to long after finally becoming somebody he was KO'd!!!

What are you even talking about right now?

The Vinnie Paz fight was a fun fight. It was "free" on tv; nothing more nothing less. Paz had an excellent story and Roy was still on the come up. Roy did what he had to do.

Again, there were no AMERICANS around that you're talking about right now that ROy "ducked"........... NONE............. You're making yourself look really sill right now and a boxrec champ.

Then you're over here talking about Lennox Lewis?????? Bruh were you even around when ROy accomplished history????

Your posts have boxrec written all over them.

Andre Ward said he'd fight Mayweather at 160... If Floyd beats Daniel Geale at 160, you'll be up here saying Floyd ducked Ward. The size difference between Roy and Lewis was HUGE. Roy started out as a JMW... Why the fcuk would he be fighting with big ass Lennox Lewis.

I can't take you seriously in this conversation and you've proven to have no knowledge pre-2003
    He is a boxrec warrior. You're arguing with a guy that says Holyfield is greater than Barney Ross. He looked foolish in the History Section

Comment

@ Sugar Ali

Why are you sitting here talking about the amateurs? We're talking about where fighters were as PROS.

I guess Mayweather ducked Augie Sanchez, huh

Comment

Definetly not at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
          He is a boxrec warrior. You're arguing with a guy that says Holyfield is greater than Barney Ross. He looked foolish in the History Section
          He's looking really shaky right now... I actually thought he was a descent poster with some kind of knowledge.

But this schit he's posting now is really mind boggling

Comment

I know for a fact you're on boxrec right now as we speak.

Liles didn't really step on the scene until like the late 90's right before he was KO'd by BYRON MITCHELL . Nunn was KO'd by Toney and really never did much after that. Roy went on to beat the guy that beat Nunn (i.e. Toney).

The Euro guys you're sittting here talking about were actually beaten by the guys Roy actually fought, but Roy ducked them and can't get credit for fighting them. If you're bashing the guys Roy beat, then I can only imagine what you would say if Roy fought the guys that lost to the guys he beat instead. This convo would be even worse with you saying "why didn't Roy fight McCallum when he beat Steve Collins", etc.....

Any way, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. There was no demand for the fights you mentioned. NONE whatsoever. At the time, show me any outcry in post fight interviews, articles, ect supporting what you're talking about right now. It's all bullschit; you're bored on boxingscene so you wanna start trying to re-write schit. Going to boxrec and doing a time comparison of who was champion during that particular time then matching up the fighters saying they should've fought won't cut it with me because I was there.

LMAO at Old McCallum, Virgil Hill, Sosa, Paz, Reggie Johnson, etc

Vinnie Paz was actually on a pretty good streak heading into the Roy fight. If I'm not mistaken he broke his neck in a car accident and was making a damn good comeback similar to how Foreman made a comeback. Paz was on a roll and Roy toyed and demolished him.

Roy and McClellan were pretty good friends. Kind of like how Broner-Floyd are right now. I can understand that fight not happening. Eubanks, Collins and the other guy with the receeding hairline were stuck in europe. Hell, off the top of my head, Collins lost to the same guy who you said was old in McCallum. Euro fighters were bums back then and no one took them seriously like they do today.

This is comical dude. LMAO @ Roy never took on any challengers.

Virgil Hill was a beast when Roy beat him. This is really hilarious
            Your acting like a fool, wont say your an idiot because i know you post better than this on other threaads,,
            i aint on boxrec at all,, i lived thru this and know what im talking about...

there is some many stupid things in your post that i used to think you were legit but not sure anymore

1. liles was a longtime champ at 168, i believe he held it from like 93ish to 97,,, plus he was an amateur nemesis to roy and had a great trilogy with him in the amateurs,,,,

2. The press wanted the liles fight,,,, just youtube the brannon vs jones presser before the fight and roy is sitting in a chair in the middle of the ring and everyone is asking him why he is fighting brannon, a virtual unknown in brannon and not liles, the press was on roy's ass to fight liles, and roy would just say that brannon earned his spot, yada yada,

3. Vinny paz was a lightweight, jrwelter, who yes broke his neck and cameback at the higher weights, but the dude sucked,, he struggled with 45 year old roberto duran the fights before roy,,, yes, vinny paz needed 2 fights to get a clear win over a 45 year old duran,, yet he was on a hot streak,,,, thats like saying curtis stevens is on a hot streak now.....

4. Mccallum was a great fighter at 154 and a good one at 160,,, but dude was like 42 years old and hadnt had a big win in years, and was fighting at lhw when roy chose to fight him instead of his mandatory nunn at 168...

5. Virgil hill was never a beast,, never,,, A very good technical fighter but never a beast,,, if he was a beast he wouldnt have gotten outboxed twice by an old tommy hearns and he wouldnt have gotten beaten up by michlewski the year before roy fought hill,,,, hill was coming off a huge loss to michlewski when roy fought him,, not exactly beast mode,,,,

So keep trying to give excuses all you want,,,,, They are easily shot down as nothing more than an excuse,, but do me a favor and dont post such a long post wiht such garbage in it , paz was on a win streak, hill was a beast,,, that stuff is about as bad as when some idiot claims jones ducked calzaghe,,, dont stoop to that level my friend, your better than that..

Comment

Please enlighten me as to what weights Roy was ever undisputed champion

Comment

Liles lol what is going on in here?

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
                  Boxrec warrior,,, Did you see Ross live,, are you 100 years old,, or do you just know about him cuz of boxrec and some books you read,,, your an idiot,, at least i can see holyfield with my own eyes,,, Did you watch Ross,, how did you know about him,,, Your an idiot most of the time, so dont dip into my conversations thanks,,,
                  @ Sugar Ali

Why are you sitting here talking about the amateurs? We're talking about where fighters were as PROS.

I guess Mayweather ducked Augie Sanchez, huh
                  Did sanchez do much in the pros 130 and higher where floyd did his work,,,
                  did liles become champ at the same division at the same time as roy,,, yes, did they fight,, nope

big difference,,, its called context,,, once again your just throwing out random examples, and excuses,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Boxrec warrior,,, Did you see Ross live,, are you 100 years old,, or do you just know about him cuz of boxrec and some books you read,,, your an idiot,, at least i can see holyfield with my own eyes,,, Did you watch Ross,, how did you know about him,,, Your an idiot most of the time, so dont dip into my conversations thanks,,,

did liles become champ at the same division at the same time as roy,,, yes, did they fight,, nope

big difference,,, its called context,,, once again your just throwing out random examples, and excuses,,,,,,
                    You can watch Ross on youtube dummy, and torrent his fights

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Dude, like I said earlier in this thread, you can't fight everybody. sometime fights just don't happen because....... they just don't happen. I gave you an entire list of champions or ex-champions that were in the same division, era, everything that just never fought.

It has nothing to do with ducking...... nothing.

Riddick Bowe ducked Lennox Lewis, that's what you call a duck. If you need an example of ducking, that's it.

Did Lennox Lewis duck John Ruiz?

Come on man, because that's what it's like with you saying Jones ducked Frankie Liles. Liles wasn't in Roy's league for him to duck. Roy actuall moved up in weight to bigger and better challenges than Liles at LHW. There was no duck,not even the slightest bit. Again, some fights just don't happen.

I guess Chavez ducked the dangerous Pryor

It's just the way it is.

Lastly, I can't believe you called a top 25 LHW of all time a bum/old because he lost a decision to Dariusz in Germany.

Dude Virgil Hill is a top 25 LHW of all time and was nowhere over the hill when he fought RJJ but was still a live threat You literally called him a bum and said Roy took on a weak challenge. That's str8 crap and NSB logic. I thought you were better than that man

Comment

Working...
                      X