No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez Disrespects Judges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    My thoughts? You're a tool. Pac has been robbed once and every close decision he's had, apart from that, has gone his way. Marquez has been robbed or had close decisions that should have been his, five times at least in his career so of course he's going to feel like the whole boxing fraternity is against him. It's happened to Pacquiao once. By the time you're getting to your third robbery, simply because of politics and money/greed then it goes without saying that you're going to be pissed off. I would, you would, everyone would and damn right you'd be speaking out about it. Can you imagine the backlash if Pac had been robbed like he was against Bradley three or four times or lost each of the Marquez fights?

Think on this: Even in clear losses or close 'wins' Pac, and his team, has cracked the ****s and blamed everything but the fact that he wasn't as good on the night as his opponent. He's blamed socks, cramps, gambling, cuts, judges, shoes, weight, and just about everything else conceivable.

That is the definition of a bad loser.

Either way, he's 100% right. The judges in boxing are a disgrace. Pac himself said refs were **** after his Bradley fight, as did Arum and did every Pac fan on earth. So what's the problem? You agree, I agree, we all agree that judges suck major ass.

Edit: Also, Marquez has never blamed stuff that is up to him, that happens during the fight, in his robberies/losses. He hasn't blamed his brand of socks, or training, headbutts etc or any of that other stuff that every fighter faces every time they get in the ring. He blames the stuff that is entirely out of his hands and doesn't happen in the fight, yet eventually decides the outcome, right or wrong: the judges bad scoring.

EXCELLENT POST! Couldn't have said it better.

Green K given

Comment

Another thing, Juan Manuel is lucky he didn't say all this in Puerto Rico, or else he would have been suspended like a another fella named Juan Manuel

Comment

My thoughts? You're a tool. Pac has been robbed once and every close decision he's had, apart from that, has gone his way. Marquez has been robbed or had close decisions that should have been his, five times at least in his career so of course he's going to feel like the whole boxing fraternity is against him. It's happened to Pacquiao once. By the time you're getting to your third robbery, simply because of politics and money/greed then it goes without saying that you're going to be pissed off. I would, you would, everyone would and damn right you'd be speaking out about it. Can you imagine the backlash if Pac had been robbed like he was against Bradley three or four times or lost each of the Marquez fights?

Think on this: Even in clear losses or close 'wins' Pac, and his team, has cracked the ****s and blamed everything but the fact that he wasn't as good on the night as his opponent. He's blamed socks, cramps, gambling, cuts, judges, shoes, weight, and just about everything else conceivable.

Either way, he's 100% right. The judges in boxing are a disgrace. Pac himself said refs were **** after his Bradley fight, as did Arum and did every Pac fan on earth. So what's the problem? You agree, I agree, we all agree that judges suck major ass.

Edit: Also, Marquez has never blamed stuff that is up to him, that happens during the fight, in his robberies/losses. He hasn't blamed his brand of socks, or training, headbutts etc or any of that other stuff that every fighter faces every time they get in the ring. He blames the stuff that is entirely out of his hands and doesn't happen in the fight, yet eventually decides the outcome, right or wrong: the judges bad scoring.
        Well written post. I enjoyed reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
          marquez said pacquiao has only one opponent while he has four. marquez continues to discredit the boxing commission and questions their integrity. he claims to have been robbed of his victories in all three fights.

pacquiao was also in a similar situation when the judges ruled in favor of bradley, but unlike marquez, pacquiao accepted the judges' verdict humbly, after saying during the post-fight interview that he believed he won the fight.

pacquiao has learned a lesson but marquez just seems to be a sore loser. bottom line is that pacquiao can gain virtually nothing from a win except to confirm what boxing fans and experts already know: pacquiao is the better fighter and boxer than marquez.

your thoughts?
          After having 3 robberies in your favor its good to be gracious to the one that goes against you and in fact i had the Bradley fight a draw.Fck the third Pac fight i was robbed i had 100 bucks on Marquez and was ready to collect.

Comment

mic test check one two, *cough* ok

that's your opinion and this is an open forum.

marquez has pacquiao's number. all three fights were close. you say marquez was robbed but that's your opinion. before your throw another tantrum, let's look at the facts.

was it a robbery? hell no. the rounds were close, hard to score but there are rules on how to score a fight. each round is scored based on the following criteria: effective aggression, defense, ring generalship, and clean and hard punching. pacquiao is the very definition of aggression so he bags that, clean and hard punching, according to compubox stats, pacquiao threw 578 compared to marquez 436. pacquiao landed more, 176 to 138. so that's settled. pacquiao was able to hit marquez a lot more meaning pacquiao had the better defense. and then finally, ring generalship, now that's a toss up but american judges tend to reward the guy who throws more punches.

so ... robbery? you gotta be kidding. marquez suffers from the boy-who-cried-wolf syndrome. he has backers who agree with him, but marquez never blamed the one person he should have, himself. marquez has to get it through his skull that he needs to throw more than pacquiao, to show the judges that he's the better man. but that's not gonna happen since volume punching is pacquiao's bread and butter, either way you cut it, your biased opinion is clouding your judgement. face it, rules are rules

EDIT: at what point did marquez get robbed twice by the judges. the first time pacquiao and marquez met, pacman immediately overpowered his opponent. marquez made commendable effort the rest of the match, it was ruled a draw. one of the judges later admitted that he mis-scored the first round that featured the three knockdowns 10-7 when it should been 10-6. had all the knockdowns been properly accounted for, pacquiao would have won the match – no ands, ifs or ors about it. marquez did not get robbed. it was the other way around. do you see pacquiao wearing a t shirt about that?
            Last edited by Fighting_Pride; 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

i find JMM annoying when he talks like this - He has a case when it comes to the third fight alright, I thought he won that. But I had Pac edging both the other two, so him saying he was robbed three times is a joke imo. All three fights were damn close - there is a case for 'robbery' in the third but not the other two.
              Last edited by Daddy T; 11-29-2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Marquez isn't very smart

This can come back to bite him and he will have no one to blame but himself
                Actually, it's the complete opposite. It's very smart of him to complain because it puts more pressure on the judges and commission to make sure there isn't some controversy in the next fight.

It's like when you talk to the judges prior to the fight and warn them about headbutts or low blows the other fighter is known for. It highlights it and they look for it more.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                  To become a sore loser you have to actually lose,he won the last fight against pacquiao it's a fact..if you live in denial (which most pac fans do) then yes you will disagree with the rest of the boxing world..

Just like bradley beat pacquiao...pacquiao said that he disagreed with the judges...is he a sore loser too???
                  these are the facts (numbers don't lie)
                  Pacquiao threw more punches (578-436)
                  landed more punches (176-138
                  more jabs (59-38)
                  power punches (117-100

marquez has pacquiao's number, but his always be remembered as someone who could compete with pacquiao but not surpass him. you're not going to slightly out point a great champion and win. as the challenger, marquez did not DO enough to become champion.

Comment

I find it rather ironic that JMM whines like a ****ing girl about judges but it was PACQUAIO who got ****ed over in their first fight. The same judge that score the first round 10-7 instead of 10-6 even admitted he ****ed up.

Funny indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                      I find it rather ironic that JMM whines like a ****ing girl about judges but it was PACQUAIO who got ****ed over in their first fight. The same judge that score the first round 10-7 instead of 10-6 even admitted he ****ed up.

Funny indeed.
                      Cant be worse than the other judge who had it 115-110 fo Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X