No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
    that makes sense. we're talking about Mayweather's reluctance to fight the best. and all you can come up with in response is pactart. good name-calling. very impressive. unfortunately, your debate skills are a little lacking though
    Debate? There is nothing to debate. This topic is well publicized many many many times. If you followed boxing you would know this.

Again you're just trolling like a little pactart, not to mention you lie like a coward and I do not like liars. Especially pactarted cowardly liars who when get called out for lying give red K.

Now carry on little troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
      So WESS, is Pacquiao suppose to wait for Mayweather till 2020 ?? When he decides he needs to fight...Same ways, Guerrero, Cotto/Alvarez winner are on Mayweather's plans. We know Bob is a scumbag....but It's amazing the way you always want to make Pacquiao look as the worst and Mayweather's decisions as the best.

You really need to stop all this hate. That does not let you analyze things impartially.
      Because Pac turned down a 50-50 split when the fight SHOULD have happened. The fact that this idiot just re-signed with Bob when he could have left his promoter (like Calzaghe leaving Frank Warren when making a Jones jr fight) and making a fight on his own terms without Bob's agenda interfering. The entire boxing community knows that Bob will not make the fight until he is ready to cash out in Pac's very last fight. But hey lets ignore Bob's plans of Rios, Bradley II and JMM V shall we?

Or a special stadium Bob must build for Mayweather...

Will Pac's eye nearly fall out again after this 4th JMM fight?

Will Bob publically tell Team Mayweather that he is not interested in making the fight and to stop calling them?

Shall we ignore Bob not wanting anything to do with co-promoting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
        I wouldn't call it disgraceful, even though I think Floyd will win. I think all the hate on the undefeated fighters gets old though, it is always the same. If someone is undefeated or makes fights look easy, they didn't fight anyone or they are cowards, etc. Ridiculous. The hatred of Floyd always shines through no matter how he fights. He could fight 3 top guys in a row and people would make **** up about why they were all BS fights. This is of course until he loses one day and then that opponent will be called a real challenge and how finally when Floyd "stepped up" supposedly, he lost. I remember the same BS was said about RJJ until he lost then everyone said "SEE!!". Same crap with Calzaghe too. If someone is undefeated it MUST mean they are just not fighting the right people huh? The only fighter I will give you that Floyd may truly have legitimately avoided was a prime Margarito. But who didn't? He was the most avoided fighter in the sport for years so please. Floyd beat an undefeated prime Hatton and KOed him. Floyd beat an undefeated prime Corrales and utterly embarrased him. Floyd beat a prime Zab Judah. Floyd beat a prime Jose Luis Castillo. So save the bull****. The only prime undefeated fighter Manny faced was Jorge Solis lol. Barrera was not in his prime, Morales was not in his prime, Larios was not in his prime, ODLH was not in his prime, etc. So all this disguised Pac buttloving can go somewhere else.
        What he said^^^!!!

Comment

• Latest video out has Roach coming clean about Bob's plans of Rios and Bradley next for Pac.

Will the pactarts start talking **** about Roach now? They flipped **** on Ariza conformed that Bob is the problem and always has an agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
            I wouldn't call it disgraceful, even though I think Floyd will win. I think all the hate on the undefeated fighters gets old though, it is always the same. If someone is undefeated or makes fights look easy, they didn't fight anyone or they are cowards, etc. Ridiculous. The hatred of Floyd always shines through no matter how he fights. He could fight 3 top guys in a row and people would make **** up about why they were all BS fights. This is of course until he loses one day and then that opponent will be called a real challenge and how finally when Floyd "stepped up" supposedly, he lost. I remember the same BS was said about RJJ until he lost then everyone said "SEE!!". Same crap with Calzaghe too. If someone is undefeated it MUST mean they are just not fighting the right people huh? The only fighter I will give you that Floyd may truly have legitimately avoided was a prime Margarito. But who didn't? He was the most avoided fighter in the sport for years so please. Floyd beat an undefeated prime Hatton and KOed him. Floyd beat an undefeated prime Corrales and utterly embarrased him. Floyd beat a prime Zab Judah. Floyd beat a prime Jose Luis Castillo. So save the bull****. The only prime undefeated fighter Manny faced was Jorge Solis lol. Barrera was not in his prime, Morales was not in his prime, Larios was not in his prime, ODLH was not in his prime, etc. So all this disguised Pac buttloving can go somewhere else.
            Margarito was not the most feared or avoided fighter. That is such BS!!! Besides those who say PBF avoided Margarito please name me all these other so call boxers who avoided him

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Latest video out has Roach coming clean about Bob's plans of Rios and Bradley next for Pac.

Will the pactarts start talking **** about Roach now? They flipped **** on Ariza conformed that Bob is the problem and always has an agenda.
              yeah maybe now these dudes can stop wit the mayweather is ducking pac again and choosing the ghost crap!

these are some pretty crazy people ya know!

pac has had next fights lined up in his past 3 or 4 bouts i dont think people realize it or maybe they do and just dont care

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
                Margarito was not the most feared or avoided fighter. That is such BS!!! Besides those who say PBF avoided Margarito please name me all these other so call boxers who avoided him
                floyd did not duck maargarito he fought de lahoya instead for more money from my knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                  floyd did not duck maargarito he fought de lahoya instead for more money from my knowledge
                  lmaoo.. You know ***** about boxing. He fought Baldomir instead of Margarito. Not De la Hoya.

"In the mid-2000's, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. was just arriving at the top of boxing. He was undefeated, had won a share of the welterweight title and had attractive fights all around him.

One that was often mentioned at the time, but never came to pass, was a bout with then-WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito.

Margarito presented, in many eyes, a lethal challenge to Floyd's dominance. He fought a similar style to Jose Luis Castillo, who had twice given Mayweather rough fights and was in the prime of his career.

Antonio Margarito circa 2005-2006 was a punching machine with tremendous strength. But the fight never came off despite a then record-high payday offer to Mayweather, who instead elected to face Carlos Baldomir for the WBC title." bleacher report

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                    Because Pac turned down a 50-50 split when the fight SHOULD have happened. The fact that this idiot just re-signed with Bob when he could have left his promoter (like Calzaghe leaving Frank Warren when making a Jones jr fight) and making a fight on his own terms without Bob's agenda interfering. The entire boxing community knows that Bob will not make the fight until he is ready to cash out in Pac's very last fight. But hey lets ignore Bob's plans of Rios, Bradley II and JMM V shall we?

Or a special stadium Bob must build for Mayweather...

Will Pac's eye nearly fall out again after this 4th JMM fight?

Will Bob publically tell Team Mayweather that he is not interested in making the fight and to stop calling them?

Shall we ignore Bob not wanting anything to do with co-promoting?
                    @2:43

BK: Why not face the guy who won the Pacquiao/Marquez?

FM: Well, like i said before, Oscar de la Hoya is doing one hell of a job, we got Mayweather promotions (BK: What that has to do with what i just asked you)....and i think Leonard Ellerbe and Al Haymond are doing one hell of a job with Mayweather's career.

WTF??? 0_O

And please, don't pretend the fight didn't happen cuz Pacquiao re-signed with Bob Arum. Mayweather was the one who said "no ppv revenues" "no 50-50" "no 55-45"... So please!

Let me refresh that:

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                      lmaoo.. You know ***** about boxing. He fought Baldomir instead of Margarito. Not De la Hoya.

"In the mid-2000's, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. was just arriving at the top of boxing. He was undefeated, had won a share of the welterweight title and had attractive fights all around him.

One that was often mentioned at the time, but never came to pass, was a bout with then-WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito.

Margarito presented, in many eyes, a lethal challenge to Floyd's dominance. He fought a similar style to Jose Luis Castillo, who had twice given Mayweather rough fights and was in the prime of his career.

Antonio Margarito circa 2005-2006 was a punching machine with tremendous strength. But the fight never came off despite a then record-high payday offer to Mayweather, who instead elected to face Carlos Baldomir for the WBC title." bleacher report
                      Bob Arum, Mayweather’s promoter at the time said that Mayweather preferred to await the outcome of the May 6 Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga fight instead of committing to Margarito because he would prefer to fight De La Hoya.

Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.

Source for the entire article: (Mayweather turns down 8 million to fight Margarito; author: Dan Rafael, it was updated on April 12th 2006)

Face time: Mayweather had nothing to gain from fighting Margarito financially. There was no reward for this. There might have been a risk (but I can’t say what would have happened because it didn’t happen). Mayweather went on to fight the Carlos Baldomir for a dollar more 8,000,001, but he was the lineal welterweight champ. But Oscar had both risk and reward and we saw the results. Several people have fought and beat Margarito and their careers haven’t gone anywhere (Paul Williams, Shane Mosley). If anyone can provide me with a web sight, newspaper clipping, anything that has facts on it, I’m open to it. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X