No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
    are people actually saying who should he fight?
    How about pac? - come out and put the pressure on arum and say - ill take 55% to make the fight. Or say i wantn to negotiate to make the pac fight. Its not guaranteed that pac is fighting rios next. Thats only a plan - no contracts yet.
    We know arum is just as much of a scumbag as mayweather. Sooo, put the onus on arum and make pac force arum to make the fight - bc pac wants the fight wit mayweather - that is plainly obvious
    if ur still wasting ur time on that whole scenario then good luck in life buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
      I highly doubt he fights him. He's not a draw. It's going to be Canelo or Cotto 2.

Floyd doesn't fight for legacy he fights for that paper we all know this
      Guererro is just as much of a draw as Ortiz. so yes, it will happen, bc its an easier fight than Pac, Martinez, and Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        if ur still wasting ur time on that whole scenario then good luck in life buddy
        If thats the best response u have to why he cant try to make the fight wit Pac, then good luck in life buddy. lol. when has Mayweather honestly tries to make the fight since '09? he hasnt - he screamed to take the test for soo long, that testing was the only reason the fight wasnt happening. then what - as soon as Pac agreed to steroid testing, not only is 50/50 off the table, but May is offering NO PPV %. HA. and only a flat 40 mil fee for a 300 mil fight. cmon. so again - your lame response aside, why cant he say in the media that he actually wants to fight Pac?

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
          So Floyd would be staying active. Let’s look at the options;

Pac: fighting JMM Dec 8th and already has a fight lined up for April. Probably vs Rios or Bradley II. Bob said you can’t pick dates in advance like Floyd did when calling Pac out for a May 5th 2012 fight. Bob made it clear that you can’t pick a date in advance. Well Bob already has a date picked and like stated, has Rios and Bradley lined up.

Martinez: Recovering from surgery. The excuses poor in that Floyd fought a 187 year old injured Martinez.

Cotto: Fighting Trout this weekend. If he wins, the majority of boxing fans want him to fight Alvarez

Alvarez: See above. However Cotto vs Alvarez winner should get Floyd

Bradley: Bob won’t allow it

Guerrero: Is the only possible match up considering what is available. Not a great fight but who is he supposed to fight that would oppose a threat and would be available?

Then again nobody would favored to beat Floyd 154 and below.

Like I said many times, unless we’re talking about MW fighters, Floyd will be favored and will be expected to win and when WW and JMW title holders are mentioned to fight Floyd, it is looked at as **** opposition or just not good enough for Floyd. That my friends displays just how great and dominate Floyd has been for a very long time.
          all excuses - why not actually try to make some of those better fights 1st - theres no guarantee than Canelo is fighting Cotto next if he had the option of May.
          Arum is a scumbag, yes, but hed def let bradley fight May bc hes not the draw that Pac is, and therefore doesnt lose anything if bradley loses to May.
          last - try to make the fight wit Pac, which he hasnt done since '09. as soon as Pac wouldnt agree to steroid testing (his bad - although May still wouldve found another excuse), Pac has agreed to evrything, steroid testing, smaller % of pie, sooo - as I said above - call out Pac and force arum to make the fight - bc Pac will want it if floyd does

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            this argument will hold well if he fights the ghost and then not fight again in 2013 when everyone is cleared up
            but thats obviously what will happen - he NEVER fights more than once a yr. last time was '07. he makes 40 mil plus per fight, so 1 fight this yr and hes done. and if he was gonna fight 2x, why not take Canelo, Pac or the tougher fight 1st? cuz it aint happening - and if he fights Pac, canelo, or Martinez, Ill come on here and admit I was wrong -very happily!

Comment

but thats obviously what will happen - he never fights more than once a yr. Last time was '07. He makes 40 mil plus per fight, so 1 fight this yr and hes done. And if he was gonna fight 2x, why not take canelo, pac or the tougher fight 1st? Cuz it aint happening - and if he fights pac, canelo, or martinez, ill come on here and admit i was wrong -very happily!
              because hes floyd mayweather i cant answer all those questions i do know everyone is prety much tied up until late 2013 so....

Comment

if thats the best response u have to why he cant try to make the fight wit pac, then good luck in life buddy. Lol. When has mayweather honestly tries to make the fight since '09? He hasnt - he screamed to take the test for soo long, that testing was the only reason the fight wasnt happening. Then what - as soon as pac agreed to steroid testing, not only is 50/50 off the table, but may is offering no ppv %. Ha. And only a flat 40 mil fee for a 300 mil fight. Cmon. So again - your lame response aside, why cant he say in the media that he actually wants to fight pac?
                im sorry man i dont debate that whole situation anymore i have a son i cant give my time to it anymore

Comment

all excuses - why not actually try to make some of those better fights 1st - theres no guarantee than Canelo is fighting Cotto next if he had the option of May.
                  Arum is a scumbag, yes, but hed def let bradley fight May bc hes not the draw that Pac is, and therefore doesnt lose anything if bradley loses to May.
                  last - try to make the fight wit Pac, which he hasnt done since '09. as soon as Pac wouldnt agree to steroid testing (his bad - although May still wouldve found another excuse), Pac has agreed to evrything, steroid testing, smaller % of pie, sooo - as I said above - call out Pac and force arum to make the fight - bc Pac will want it if floyd does
                  I take it you're new to boxing (or trolling) and have no idea who Bob Arum is (or trolling).

Excuses? Lol sure…. Ok.

But hey, let’s ignore Bob's April 2013 plans with pac vs Rios/Bradley II/ JMM V. Lets ignore that Martinez is recovering from an injury. Lets ignore that the entire boxing world wants to see Cotto vs Alvarez...

lol But hey Bob's new to boxing right? We all know he wants the fight but is just too green to make the BIG fights... Maybe when he's little more experienced he could get it done?

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                    I always knew he will duck Canelo. Reason why he went on a long vacation again all of a sudden. Months ago he said he will fight five more times. He realized Canelo is on top of GBP list. I thought he's a businessman and calls himself Money. We all know that Canelo is his biggest payday outside of Pac. What happened?
                    Floyd ducking Canelo will become official next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      I take it you're new to boxing (or trolling) and have no idea who Bob Arum is (or trolling).

Excuses? Lol sure…. Ok.

But hey, let’s ignore Bob's April 2013 plans with pac vs Rios/Bradley II/ JMM V. Lets ignore that Martinez is recovering from an injury. Lets ignore that the entire boxing world wants to see Cotto vs Alvarez...

lol But hey Bob's new to boxing right? We all know he wants the fight but is just too green to make the BIG fights... Maybe when he's little more experienced he could get it done?
                      new to boxing. lol. no. I have worked as a manager and with a promoter and have been friends with many in the boxing world for over a decade after being a fan for the past 30+ yrs.
                      the whole boxing world wants cotto v. canelo. what? Id love floyd vs. canelo, but floyd vs canelo is talked about even more.
                      2nd - so bc arum says I wanna do this... floyd isn't allowed to come out and say - " I want Pac and am willing to do what it takes it make the fight than fans have wanted for 3-4 yrs" ok, that makes sense.
                      Is arum a scumbag - of course. but...floyd looks like the ducker to 99% of america. If floyd comes out and says he wants the fight - which he never does - Pac may just force arums hand, bc Pacs made it very obvious the Past yr that he wants to give the fans this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X