Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter from any era 160-175 that you will favor over Andre Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones, at 168, We have yet to see what he offers at 175 but he would be a good fight for anybody from 168-175 even RJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      ...because at every point in his career, hopkins losses came to athletic guys who could box well...
      I totally disagree. Who besides RJ? The rest were when he was old an should've lost but he's still giving them hell. Add that to the fact he was RJ's toughest fight by far besides Griffin.

Ward us my boy but his athleticism is somewhat overrated to me. I just rate Hopkins higher than most. In his prime I think he ices Ward all day.

People talk about Floyd vs pac but the RJ-Tito fight was just as bug to me. I still favored Roy but Hopkins would've gave him hell after the Tito fight if it would've been made.

Comment

Hagler, Hearns, Hopkins(beats Ward easily I might add), Calzaghe(whoops Ward), and a couple more. Ward is the goods though, if he continues his path he is an ATG on the making!

Comment

Ward destroys every 175lber that ever lived............ after he brings them down to 168

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Hagler, Monzon, Hearns, Leonard, Greb, Robinson, Calzaghe, Ottke, Jones, Charles, Moore, Spinks, Conn, Hopkins etc.
            If they were to fight 10 times, how many times do you think Sven Ottke beats Andre Ward?

Comment

Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Jose Torres, Marvin Hagler, Archie Moore, James Toney, Dick Tiger, Ezzard Charles, Ray Robinson, Bob Foster, Harold Johnson, Dwight Qawi, Victor Galindez, Billy Conn, Michael Spinks, Eddie Muhammad, Marcel Cerdan, and Carlos Monzon to name a few.

Comment

Sorry, I missed the outside of Roy Jones part. I know you said name a fighter who could beat him but once I got started I hated to leave any of my favorites out. I am not sure all these guys beat Ward but in their prime I would favor them. I do think Ward is damn good and could still get better.

Comment

I think a prime Joe Calzaghe could edge him out.

Comment

Sergio Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by Red Power View Post
                      If they were to fight 10 times, how many times do you think Sven Ottke beats Andre Ward?
                      overseas 10 out of 10, in a neutral place, never

ppl say Ward is protected but Ottke is the def. of that

Comment

Working...
                      X