Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you bet on boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i won on senchenko, lost on quintana and berto.

I won exactly $1 with the odds.

i usually put at least a little something up, but I tell ya what, I don't bet big anywhere near as much because of the crappy judging lately.

Comment

I always just bet on clear favourites, which has worked most of the time and am like 50 pounds up (over a long period of time). Only bet on underdogs when i think the bookies have underestimated their chances, but normally only put a small amount on. So i quadrupled money on senchenko the other day. Also tried an underdog bet on the Brook - Jones fight with small amount on Jones (think it was like 5/1 maybe) and was a minute away from a nice win.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I bet and try go with my head. Even now I sometimes get suckered in with nice odds.
        Most of the Germany cards particularly the cruisers, I put £2 on each draw especially if I feel it could be a close fight, this has bailed me out a lot of times in the past.

Sometimes I'll straddle a bet, particularly if the odds are huge and I feel a guy has a punchers chance.

This weekend I got Senchenko, Guerrero & Quintana let me down but I got a nice profit. I don't bet much, maybe £30-40 most weekends and tend to usually make a profit.

Not sure about this weekend, I fancied Price early but the odds are a bit poor & I feel an in shape Skelton despite his age could be more durable than the bookies think.
        I actually agree, if someone asked me who was going to win then obviously id say Price, but at 13/1 Skelton could just have the guile to drag Price into an ugly maul of a fight and take him out of his comfort zone. Have put a 1 solid squid on Skelton. Big money i know!

Comment

incidently what sites do UK users use which have the most boxing on them?

Im using William Hill at the moment because ive always used it but theres always so many fights missing! particularly abroad....

Edit: apologies for three posts in a row!

Comment

I tend to bet most weekends (football & boxing).

I got Guerrero & Thurman earn me a nice little earn this weekend just gone.

I tend to think things through with my betting. There are some cases that I just won't bet on though, like Wlad or Floyd points just because there's no real point in it.

The only exception I had with Floyd was against Cotto where he was evens for the points win. £50 down, £50 back was the easiest money I ever made. I double it up with a second bet of Mayweather & Canelo both on points. £50 there I can't even remember the return but it was a good night.

I've done alright on the betting front recently boxing wise. My football accumaltors keep screwing me over though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Im using William Hill at the moment because ive always used it but theres always so many fights missing! particularly abroad....
              I use bet365. You can in-play bet too the majority of the time which is great.

I managed to win some £££ on Quigg KO's Rendall in-play betting. The best one was Clev against Karpency. The odds for Clev to win points (this is was in round 6/7) were like 10/3 on. £30 down and a nice return lol.

The only time I enjoyed seeing the feather fisted bum win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise

Skybet and Bet365 regularly get their odds up first, I rate BetVictor for value. Check oddschecker to compare all websites.

Cheers for the contributions to this thread

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                  I tend to bet most weekends (football & boxing).

I got Guerrero & Thurman earn me a nice little earn this weekend just gone.

I tend to think things through with my betting. There are some cases that I just won't bet on though, like Wlad or Floyd points just because there's no real point in it.

The only exception I had with Floyd was against Cotto where he was evens for the points win. £50 down, £50 back was the easiest money I ever made. I double it up with a second bet of Mayweather & Canelo both on points. £50 there I can't even remember the return but it was a good night.

I've done alright on the betting front recently boxing wise. My football accumaltors keep screwing me over though.

you got even money for floyd v cotto? send me the info on your bookie

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    I use bet365. You can in-play bet too the majority of the time which is great.

I managed to win some £££ on Quigg KO's Rendall in-play betting. The best one was Clev against Karpency. The odds for Clev to win points (this is was in round 6/7) were like 10/3 on. £30 down and a nice return lol.

The only time I enjoyed seeing the feather fisted bum win.
                    thats a good shout, most William Hill only does in-play on the big fights.

Also won some nice money on Quigg - Munroe. Didnt see a ko though i have to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                      I bet maybe once a month on boxing. I lose some and I win some, but overall I would say I dont think I won money. reason are the betting odds I would say. If you bet on the favorite you dont make any money and if you bet on the underdog you lose most of the time. The odds make sure there is nobody out there who makes money in the long run. but thats just my opinion
                      Nope, that's a fact brother.

Comment

Working...
                      X